Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2019-20 NBA Championship & In How Many Games?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers in 4

2 10.00%
  • Lakers in 5

8 40.00%
  • Lakers in 6

7 35.00%
  • Lakers in 7

0 0%
  • Heat in 4

0 0%
  • Heat in 5

0 0%
  • Heat in 6

1 5.00%
  • Heat in 7

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

2020 NBA Finals : (W1) Los Angeles Lakers vs (E5) Miami Heat

Official Thread of the 2020 NBA Finals!

The Lakers are making it to the NBA Finals for the first time since 2010. The Heat are making it the NBA Finals for the first time since 2014.

LeBron James vs his former team. Pat Riley vs his former team.

Let's get it on!

Game 1: Lakers 116, Heat 98

Game 2: Lakers 124, Heat 114

Game 3: Heat 115, Lakers 104

Game 4: Lakers 102, Heat 96

Game 5: Heat 111, Lakers 108

Game 6: Lakers 106, Heat 93

LAKERS WIN SERIES 4-2

The Los Angeles Lakers are the 2019-20 NBA Champions!!!
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 10-12-2020 at 01:40 AM.

First round: Heat in 4
    2nd round: Heat in 5
    ECF: Heat in 6
    Finals: Heat in 7

It’s only right!!

We’ve been going against the opposing team as well as the refs all playoffs, I don’t expect that to change against LeBron and the Lakers narrative this season. Just have to dig deep and continue destroying teams in the clutch.

Lakers in 3.

Lakers in 5.

The Heat are deeper and have more really good players, but it's hard to beat that 1-2 punch of Lebron and Davis. The Heat will need to bring their A game at least four times in this series, and the Lakers will have to be off multiple times for the Heat to have a chance. LA has shown that even when other teams (Houston/Denver) play well, their best is always going to be better than another team's best.

The Heat are red hot and could very well pull the upset, but history tells me that top end talent in the Finals usually trumps balance unless the more talented team chokes. Lebron and AD have given me little reason to think they're going to choke.

Lakers in 5.

Vince to Gronk

Lakers in 6. I got Heat getting games 1 and 5 or 3 and 5.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Lakers in 4. D12, AD and LeBron crashing the offensive boards is unlike anything Bam has seen all post season and Miami just doesn't have the size to help him out. LeBron's got the extra motivation this season too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lakers in 5.

The Heat are deeper and have more really good players, but it's hard to beat that 1-2 punch of Lebron and Davis. The Heat will need to bring their A game at least four times in this series, and the Lakers will have to be off multiple times for the Heat to have a chance. LA has shown that even when other teams (Houston/Denver) play well, their best is always going to be better than another team's best.

The Heat are red hot and could very well pull the upset, but history tells me that top end talent in the Finals usually trumps balance unless the more talented team chokes. Lebron and AD have given me little reason to think they're going to choke.
    2004 Pistons over Lakers. Sometimes the more talented team loses to depth and defense.

I'm hoping that's how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    2004 Pistons over Lakers. Sometimes the more talented team loses to depth and defense.

I'm hoping that's how this plays out.
    There's always exceptions to the rule. But the chemistry on that team wasn't great at that point, and Kobe vs. Shaq seemed to have reached its breaking point. Also, Kobe was not good in that series and none of the major contributors on LA outside of Shaq shot 40+% from the floor (including Kobe). As a team, they averaged like 82 points per game that series. Both of those stats are crazy to me for a series in the 2000s.

To me, that screams "choke job." And, granted, it's been a minute since that series, so I don't exactly remember it all that well. But I do recall analysts at the time claiming the Lakers choked. This is not that Lakers team. Lebron has been there too many times, the chemistry on that team seems solid and Davis has been money this postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Cool, but Lebron is still 8-3 against Butler in the playoffs. Also, you don't want to look at Davis' head-to-head numbers against Adebayo.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Cool, but Lebron is still 8-3 against Butler in the playoffs. Also, you don't want to look at Davis' head-to-head numbers against Adebayo.
    He doesn’t have A dynamic duo next to him to bail him out now.

Bam is still blossoming idc about their head to head numbers. He’s a different player from the last time they played and were a different team defensively.

imagine going from dealing with theis to AD gonna be tough one for miami.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    imagine going from dealing with theis to AD gonna be tough one for miami.
    Probably be a similar reality that the Nuggets had to face, going from Harrell to AD.

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast