Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2019-20 NBA Championship & In How Many Games?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers in 4

    2 10.00%
  • Lakers in 5

    8 40.00%
  • Lakers in 6

    7 35.00%
  • Lakers in 7

    0 0%
  • Heat in 4

    0 0%
  • Heat in 5

    0 0%
  • Heat in 6

    1 5.00%
  • Heat in 7

    2 10.00%
Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1787
  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,506
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    legit always happens to a lebron team
    Or, it has happened about as many times as he's had another guy bail him out with a big time clutch shot. There's a reason LeBron's signature playoff moment is a block. For all his greatness he just isn't a great closer. He has no go to move other than just bull in a China shopping his way to the basket or shooting a long jumper that teams beg him to take. There probably isn't another player I'd take for the first 47mins and 30s of a game but there's a bunch of guys I'd take over LeBron in those final seconds when you absolutely have to have a bucket.

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,775
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Or, it has happened about as many times as he's had another guy bail him out with a big time clutch shot. There's a reason LeBron's signature playoff moment is a block. For all his greatness he just isn't a great closer. He has no go to move other than just bull in a China shopping his way to the basket or shooting a long jumper that teams beg him to take. There probably isn't another player I'd take for the first 47mins and 30s of a game but there's a bunch of guys I'd take over LeBron in those final seconds when you absolutely have to have a bucket.
    OK, but the dude was clutch last night. He did everything for them down the stretch, including making two huge buckets in the final two minutes. He was doubled on that final play and had a wide open shooter at the top of the key. You'd prefer him to take the contest mid-range jumper there?


  3. #1428
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,506
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    OK, but the dude was clutch last night. He did everything for them down the stretch, including making two huge buckets in the final two minutes. He was doubled on that final play and had a wide open shooter at the top of the key. You'd prefer him to take the contest mid-range jumper there?
    He was absolutely fantastic last night, but when the Lakers absolutely had to have a bucket....no bucket. It is what it is. And yeah, a contested jumper is quite often the shot you are going to have to make in those situations.

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,502
    James "I don't need a rest, I'll sleep when I'm dead" Butler. 47:12 out of 48 minutes played last night.

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,049
    Sorry Heat fans. I got overconfident after game 4.

    Yall the real deal. Respect to you guys.

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,775
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He was absolutely fantastic last night, but when the Lakers absolutely had to have a bucket....no bucket. It is what it is. And yeah, a contested jumper is quite often the shot you are going to have to make in those situations.
    If you have two elite perimeter defenders draped on you, you find the open man. Look at all the big shots Jordan needed guys like Kerr and Paxson to make in his career. Even the GOAT players can't be expected to take every last-minute attempt. It's just not high IQ basketball in every situation.

    Lebron made the right play, and Green missed the shot. You can live with that, especially when you still have the series lead.


  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    23,024
    James Butler is making this a series.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,049
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    James Butler is making this a series.
    The Aaaaaadult in the room


    That being said, honestly **** Brett Brown

  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,052
    People acting like Jimmy carried the heat without help. Jimmy was the guy when it counted but Robinson /Nunn were both absolutely huge for them.

    Not Jimmy huge, he was amazing just as he was in game 3.

    Here's to hoping game 6 isn't as close.


    The heat have a far better TEAM than the lakers. You can count on Robinson/herro/crowder/Nunn a hell of a lot more than Caruso/Green/etc from game to game.


    That said those guys usually have a game here and there where they actually make the wide open shots they always get. I hope its Sunday.


    Going 6 isn't some crazy thing, the 96 bulls were up 3-0 on Seattle and that went 6.

    Get to the 7th game and I'm gonna be ******** my pants.

    Lakers usually just don't lose 2 in a row.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 10-10-2020 at 11:26 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,333
    The people blaming Morris need to watch the replay. If he passed to LeBron where he was standing, Butler would have snatched that easily. If LeBron wanted the ball he needed to make a more concerted effort to move to an open spot. He drifted to the 3PT line rather than a quick run out to get the ball.

    The Davis pass was the right idea. If the ball got to him it was probably a guaranteed make or a foul. The pass was bad though, but people saying that was the wrong strategy are false.

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,052
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The people blaming Morris need to watch the replay. If he passed to LeBron where he was standing, Butler would have snatched that easily. If LeBron wanted the ball he needed to make a more concerted effort to move to an open spot. He drifted to the 3PT line rather than a quick run out to get the ball.

    The Davis pass was the right idea. If the ball got to him it was probably a guaranteed make or a foul. The pass was bad though, but people saying that was the wrong strategy are false.
    LeBron wanted the ball, lol give me a break. It would have been a contested shot but not a steal unless he just slowly tossed it over there.

    Morris clearly had a brain fart/choke. He was just sitting there dumbfounded while the clock was running. Also had a WIDE open shot

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    People acting like Jimmy carried the heat without help. Jimmy was the guy when it counted but Robinson /Nunn were both absolutely huge for them.

    Not Jimmy huge, he was amazing just as he was in game 3.

    Here's to hoping game 6 isn't as close.


    The heat have a far better TEAM than the lakers. You can count on Robinson/herro/crowder/Nunn a hell of a lot more than Caruso/Green/etc from game to game.


    That said those guys usually have a game here and there where they actually make the wide open shots they always get. I hope its Sunday.


    Going 6 isn't some crazy thing, the 96 bulls were up 3-0 on Seattle and that went 6.

    Get to the 7th game and I'm gonna be ******** my pants.

    Lakers usually just don't lose 2 in a row.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Your posts don't sound like a player fan. And this is the problem I have with player fans. You sound like someone who's been rooting for the Lakers and want the Lakers to win, not someone who wants to see James perform well.

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    LeBron wanted the ball, lol give me a break. It would have been a contested shot but not a steal unless he just slowly tossed it over there.

    Morris clearly had a brain fart/choke. He was just sitting there dumbfounded while the clock was running. Also had a WIDE open shot

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    https://es.pn/3iNBzSI via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

    Please stop spreading false opinions as truth. At no point was Morris wide open. At the 14 second mark, LeBron is in the paint. At the 15 second mark, Morris is already in the middle of his decision. From the 13-14.5 second mark LeBron is ball watching, not sprinting to the open spot and calling for the ball like Lilliard in 2014 Game 6 which is what he should have been doing.

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Thinking about that amazing game last night, I have two takes:

    1.Jimmy Butler is making one hell of a case to make a meteoric rise up the all-time charts this season. It's no longer a question whether he's a top 10 player in the league; it's how high he should be within that top 10.

    2. If Davis can even be 80% healthy the rest of the way, I think the Lakers still win the series. The Lakers role players are not great, but they're not the disaster they played like last night. They don't need to shoot lights out, but if they could just shoot close to their averages, LA wins that game last night by double digits. They'll shoot better at least on more time in this series.
    I was actually going to say something about number 1 here. I dont care where yall have Jimmy ranked I just know it better be with the superstars because thats where it is. He can definitely be number 1 on a championship team and hes killed any negative narrative About himself this season. Hes as legit as it gets.

  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,988
    Remember when yall said we didnt belong and every team the Lakers player to get here was better than us? Now an INJURED Heat team has pushed the Lakers further than anyone else and I dont give a damn what yall say they got saved by injury because wed be up 3-2 worst case with Dragic.

Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •