Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2019-20 NBA Championship & In How Many Games?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers in 4

2 10.00%
  • Lakers in 5

8 40.00%
  • Lakers in 6

7 35.00%
  • Lakers in 7

0 0%
  • Heat in 4

0 0%
  • Heat in 5

0 0%
  • Heat in 6

1 5.00%
  • Heat in 7

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    He doesn’t have A dynamic duo next to him to bail him out now.
    Not sure if you're being serious or not..

Bam is still blossoming idc about their head to head numbers. He’s a different player from the last time they played and were a different team defensively.
    And as others have said, facing Theiss and Kanter is a whole different ball game than facing Anthony Davis.

Look, I agree with you in the sense that Miami has a very good defense with the right individual defenders in place to give Lebron and Davis problems. But Lebron and AD are top 5 players in the league for a reason. Butler and Bam aren't going to shut them down; they'll be lucky to slow them down at all.

And then you have to consider that the Lakers have actually been the better team defensively based on DRtg both in the regular season and postseason, and the better offensive team in the playoffs. So you have a better team statistically on both side of the floor with the two best players in the series, including the second GOAT playing in his 10th NBA Finals.

I think the Heat will make it a competitive series, but on paper, there's very little reason to think Miami wins this series right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    imagine going from dealing with theis to AD gonna be tough one for miami.
    Imagine going from Jokic defending you to Bam. Davis is going to get his, but Bam's probably one of the three best guys you could hope to put on him, next to Embiid and Giannis.
    More importantly, Miami has about 4-5 guys they can legitimately throw at LeBron between Butler, Iguodala, Crowder, Jones Jr. and a roving Bam. We're going to see how much LeBron has in the tank.
    I think it's going to be a long, bloody war and come down to the supporting cast. Can Playoff Rondo, Kuzma, KCP, Green and Morris out-duel Dragic, Herro, Robinson and Nunn? If they're making threes at a good clip, I think Miami wins.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    There's always exceptions to the rule. But the chemistry on that team wasn't great at that point, and Kobe vs. Shaq seemed to have reached its breaking point. Also, Kobe was not good in that series and none of the major contributors on LA outside of Shaq shot 40+% from the floor (including Kobe). As a team, they averaged like 82 points per game that series. Both of those stats are crazy to me for a series in the 2000s.

To me, that screams "choke job." And, granted, it's been a minute since that series, so I don't exactly remember it all that well. But I do recall analysts at the time claiming the Lakers choked. This is not that Lakers team. Lebron has been there too many times, the chemistry on that team seems solid and Davis has been money this postseason.
    But you have to see the similarity, right?

Proven champion with more talent, less depth, but they still lost. Crazier things have happened. Miami is going to need the best defensive performance of their lives, but they can win if they're locked in. They have enough defensive talent for it to be a possibility.

2020 NBA Finals : (W1) Los Angeles Lakers vs (E5) Miami Heat

If Tyler Herro keeps being on fire with Jimmy Butler being clutch, Goran Dragic with his magic, Bam Adebayo doing everything he can for the team and Erik Spoelstra having championship experience as a coach, I can easily see the Lakers in 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by still1ballin; 09-28-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    But you have to see the similarity, right?

Proven champion with more talent, less depth, but they still lost. Crazier things have happened. Miami is going to need the best defensive performance of their lives, but they can win if they're locked in. They have enough defensive talent for it to be a possibility.
    Mmmm... Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that Miami is a more balanced team without an elite top 10 player capable of putting up 30 a night that has solid individual defenders and unselfish scorers, and both Lakers teams had two dominant top 10 players in their primes and a solid cast of veteran role players.

No in the sense that the 2000s Pistons were one of the most elite defensive teams from their era, and that was their best defensive season in which they had an absurd 95.4 DRtg (2nd that season) and gave up a ridiculously low 84.3 points per game (also 2nd), while this Heat team is basically just above average average to pretty good (11th in DRtg and 10th in opponents PPG). Also no in the sense that the 04 Lakers were about to fall apart from chemistry issues, while the current Lakers team looks pretty solid chemistry wise right now.

Basically this Lakers team is better than the 04 team, and the 04 Pistons were better than this Heat team. I get the rough comparisons, but when you dig deeper, I think a similar upset would be pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    2004 Pistons over Lakers. Sometimes the more talented team loses to depth and defense.

I'm hoping that's how this plays out.
    Pistons had more talent tho

Heat in 5

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Mmmm... Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that Miami is a more balanced team without an elite top 10 player capable of putting up 30 a night that has solid individual defenders and unselfish scorers, and both Lakers teams had two dominant top 10 players in their primes and a solid cast of veteran role players.

No in the sense that the 2000s Pistons were one of the most elite defensive teams from their era, and that was their best defensive season in which they had an absurd 95.4 DRtg (2nd that season) and gave up a ridiculously low 84.3 points per game (also 2nd), while this Heat team is basically just above average average to pretty good (11th in DRtg and 10th in opponents PPG). Also no in the sense that the 04 Lakers were about to fall apart from chemistry issues, while the current Lakers team looks pretty solid chemistry wise right now.

Basically this Lakers team is better than the 04 team, and the 04 Pistons were better than this Heat team. I get the rough comparisons, but when you dig deeper, I think a similar upset would be pretty unlikely.
    pistons numbers before sheed aren't as relevant. They were historic, like not even close upon that mid-season trade

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Imagine going from Jokic defending you to Bam. Davis is going to get his, but Bam's probably one of the three best guys you could hope to put on him, next to Embiid and Giannis.
    More importantly, Miami has about 4-5 guys they can legitimately throw at LeBron between Butler, Iguodala, Crowder, Jones Jr. and a roving Bam. We're going to see how much LeBron has in the tank.
    I think it's going to be a long, bloody war and come down to the supporting cast. Can Playoff Rondo, Kuzma, KCP, Green and Morris out-duel Dragic, Herro, Robinson and Nunn? If they're making threes at a good clip, I think Miami wins.
    Exactly lol. Who the **** has AD had to go against?!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Regardless of who wins, only 1 truth stands. Dion Waiters is a champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Regardless of who wins, only 1 truth stands. Dion Waiters is a champion
    I’d be surprised if we gave him a ring after the **** he pulled this year. He shouldn’t want one either.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I’d be surprised if we gave him a ring after the **** he pulled this year. He shouldn’t want one either.
    You talking about the franchise that retires numbers of guys who never played for them and ****ed them in the loffs, also for guys who dont play the sport iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You talking about the franchise that retires numbers of guys who never played for them and ****ed them in the loffs, also for guys who dont play the sport iirc.
    LMFAO

2020 NBA Finals : (W1) Los Angeles Lakers vs (E5) Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    That guy was smart. A little loud but...

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast