Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    ^ same from my memory

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ciaban 2.0 as I recall was a decent poster and knowledgeable BB guy. I don't recall any issues or problems, although that may have been before I was appointed as mod.
    He's still around. Same guy as the old ciaban account. Should have been banned years ago. Truly irredeemable poster that is desperate for attention (good or, more often than not, bad) and does nothing but troll. Likes playing dumb when called out but truly lives for pushing people's buttons.

Lost most any respect I had for admin TT when (after making ciaban a mod) he constantly defended and made excuses for him because he was unwilling to admit he made a mistake by making him a mod. Dude was finally de-modded after tons of complaints over the course of a year or so, along with numerous dedicated threads about what a disruptive poster and useless mod he was in the feedback & support forum.

Claims he's above the SF/LA rivalry but talks **** about the Giants every other post he makes. Guy actually was celebrating the death of Willie McCovey (amongst countless other beyond pathetic posts).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

If you read my prior post before responding you would have realized I alluded to Sticks influence and Cashmans admitted debt to his mentorship.

Who should get credit for Chicago's run of NBA titles, Phil Jackson or Michael Jordan?

You seem to forget he was named assistant general manager in 1992, helping to run the team while owner George Steinbrenner was suspended from baseball. His role may have been limited, but certainly not negligible.

Cashman was definitely gifted a talented young core, he still added valuable pieces which would prove to be crucial in their postseason runs:

• “El Duque” would go 8-1 in the ’98, ’99, and ’00 playoffs.

• David Justice was the ALCS MVP in 2000.

• Roger Clemens won the 2001 Cy Young Award

• Trade for the struggling switch-hitting CF Aaron Hicks and give up minimal compensation in return.

• Acquire defensive-oriented-can’t-hit-lefties shortstop Didi Gregorius in exchange for a low tier prospect.

• Acquire the “asset in distress” as Cashman referred to Aroldis Chapman, turn around and flip him for Torres, and then resign Chapman in the offseason.

Imo most impressive, from 1998 until the present day, the Yankees have never had a losing season. Every season they have finished above .500. While teams like the Astros and Cubs won their titles from seasons (and in the case of the Cubs, a century…) of tanking, the Yankees were never really ‘bad’.

I hate presenting as a Cashman apologist. I just don't understand the continuous bashing. I believe in giving credit when due and just criticism when warranted.

El duque was a free agent , so all cashman had to do was offer the best monetary deal

He traded wells for Roger Clemens , an ace for an ace . Something any gm could do given the rescources the Yankees had at the time . Oh and maybe if the yanks had never traded for Clemens , they could have avoided the steroids scandals years later and kept pettitte from going with Clemens to Houston .

And what has hicks turned out to be exactly ? He has missed large chunks of the last 3 baseball seasons due to injuries including a TJ surgery he had to get about 4 months after missing significant time with a back injury . This season is the first healthy season they have gotten from him .

Didi didn’t get the Yankees any closer to the World Series either and was deemed expendable after last season so that isn’t a lot to brag about .
    As for the Chapman trade all cashman did was take advantage of a team desperate for a closer . Any gm worth their salt does that move .And Torres still has yet to prove that trade was a great success . And despite acquiring Torres and hicks they still have not been to a ws yet .
    In the last 18 years there have been many more bad moves and mistakes that cashman has made that have resulted in just one world series appearance in the last 17 years . So I do think cashman deserves the bashing he gets
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-02-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Since that night in 2001 when the dynasty ended Cashman has been trying to replicate on what Stick and Buck did starting in 1991 through 1995.

I can’t give any credit to Bob Watson either Sauron. What in the hell did he do?

Buck and Stick got the final pieces of the Dynasty team when they traded Hitchcock and Russ Davis to the Mariners for Tino Martinez and Gene Nelson. A few weeks later Buck basically resigned and then was asked to come back after George felt bad.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If you read my prior post before responding you would have realized I alluded to Sticks influence and Cashmans admitted debt to his mentorship.

Who should get credit for Chicago's run of NBA titles, Phil Jackson or Michael Jordan?

You seem to forget he was named assistant general manager in 1992, helping to run the team while owner George Steinbrenner was suspended from baseball. His role may have been limited, but certainly not negligible.

Cashman was definitely gifted a talented young core, he still added valuable pieces which would prove to be crucial in their postseason runs:

• “El Duque” would go 8-1 in the ’98, ’99, and ’00 playoffs.

• David Justice was the ALCS MVP in 2000.

• Roger Clemens won the 2001 Cy Young Award

• Trade for the struggling switch-hitting CF Aaron Hicks and give up minimal compensation in return.

• Acquire defensive-oriented-can’t-hit-lefties shortstop Didi Gregorius in exchange for a low tier prospect.

• Acquire the “asset in distress” as Cashman referred to Aroldis Chapman, turn around and flip him for Torres, and then resign Chapman in the offseason.

Imo most impressive, from 1998 until the present day, the Yankees have never had a losing season. Every season they have finished above .500. While teams like the Astros and Cubs won their titles from seasons (and in the case of the Cubs, a century…) of tanking, the Yankees were never really ‘bad’.

I hate presenting as a Cashman apologist. I just don't understand the continuous bashing. I believe in giving credit when due and just criticism when warranted.
    He's absolutely made some very good signings and trades.
    The list of bad ones is far longer than. the good.

The rankings can't be argued. He does have more rings than any of the other guys on that list. But those came when he was gifted the core 4.
    I would be curious where he'd rank if the did just this decade? I rank him very low. No WS in a decade with the money and talent he's had? I think Cashman can get talent but not chemistry. And when the team has chemistry, he messes it up.
    Fired Girardi. That team had no business getting to the ALCS.
    Hiring Boone.
    Forcing players into the lineup after injured but also after the teams built an identity without them. Lots of little stuff like that.

Sadly, I will not be shocked if they let DJ walk.
    Trade Voit
    Trade one or both of Andjuar or Frazier

All so they can field, Gardner, Hicks, Stanton. All players he signed. ( I like the Gardner signing and would be fine with his return as a 4th OF)
    Yes, he signed Cole but that was a no brainer. Any GM with this money would have tried to get that done and likely succeeded and if I'm. not mistaken, wasn't e booted out of the negotiations?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He's absolutely made some very good signings and trades.
    The list of bad ones is far longer than. the good.

The rankings can't be argued. He does have more rings than any of the other guys on that list. But those came when he was gifted the core 4.
    I would be curious where he'd rank if the did just this decade? I rank him very low. No WS in a decade with the money and talent he's had? I think Cashman can get talent but not chemistry. And when the team has chemistry, he messes it up.
    Fired Girardi. That team had no business getting to the ALCS.
    Hiring Boone.
    Forcing players into the lineup after injured but also after the teams built an identity without them. Lots of little stuff like that.

Sadly, I will not be shocked if they let DJ walk.
    Trade Voit
    Trade one or both of Andjuar or Frazier

All so they can field, Gardner, Hicks, Stanton. All players he signed. ( I like the Gardner signing and would be fine with his return as a 4th OF)
    Yes, he signed Cole but that was a no brainer. Any GM with this money would have tried to get that done and likely succeeded and if I'm. not mistaken, wasn't e booted out of the negotiations?
    Clown, again I don't want to play apologist, but I think you are viewing things as half empty. The team has done well. In Cashman’s 20+ years at the helm, the Yankees never had a losing season. No other GM in baseball history can make that claim. Since 1998, Cashman has seen the Yankees win more than 2,000 games, 13 division titles and four World Series titles, unmatched in MLB. His tenure is two decades not one.

It's been argued he inherited his early success with his already in place “Core Five” Yankees. True, and he has praised Stick for his mentorship. As GM, Cash would have taken the blame if the team had losing seasons the first seven years. Just ask Terry Francona when he was manager of the 2011 Red Sox.

The 2017 Yankees played to within one game of a World Series appearance. Should he be given credit or vilified for not having won it all?

We as Yankee fans are spoiled. Our expectations unreasonably high.

If he let's DJ walk, move over I'm taking the seat next to you on the train! In the right deal (front end pitching) I would trade Andujar and Voit. Frazier has changed my mind, I believe he is Gardy's replacement.
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Clown, again I don't want to play apologist, but I think you are viewing things as half empty. The team has done well. In Cashman’s 20+ years at the helm, the Yankees never had a losing season. No other GM in baseball history can make that claim. Since 1998, Cashman has seen the Yankees win more than 2,000 games, 13 division titles and four World Series titles, unmatched in MLB. His tenure is two decades not one.

It's been argued he inherited his early success with his already in place “Core Five” Yankees. True, and he has praised Stick for his mentorship. As GM, Cash would have taken the blame if the team had losing seasons the first seven years. Just ask Terry Francona, GM of the 2011 Red Sox.

The 2017 Yankees played to within one game of a World Series appearance. Should he be given credit or vilified for not having won it all?

We as Yankee fans are spoiled. Our expectations unreasonably high.

If he let's DJ walk, move over I'm taking the seat next to you on the train! In the right deal (front end pitching) I would trade Andujar and Voit. Frazier has changed my mind, I believe he is Gardy's replacement.
    He didn’t even want dj to begin with , it was his assistants who had to talk him into signing dj . Defend cashman all you want but his list of failures is a lot longer than his list of good moves

I mean the guy wasn’t only gifted a great core 4 or 5 if you include bernie but he was gifted a team that went on to win 125 games and the World Series . Other than trading wells for Clemens and trading for justice , he really didn’t have to do much during his first 3 years as GM
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-03-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Since that night in 2001 when the dynasty ended Cashman has been trying to replicate on what Stick and Buck did starting in 1991 through 1995.

I can’t give any credit to Bob Watson either Sauron. What in the hell did he do?

Buck and Stick got the final pieces of the Dynasty team when they traded Hitchcock and Russ Davis to the Mariners for Tino Martinez and Gene Nelson. A few weeks later Buck basically resigned and then was asked to come back after George felt bad.
    And that is why I feel Buck would make a great GM .

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Game 1 is 8pm

Is that too late for you?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Yankeesource@YankeeSource
    Giancarlo Stanton is familiar with Petco Park

19G
    .323/.432/.758
    20 for 62, 3 2B, 8 HR, 15 RBI, 12BB, 14K
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Yankeesource@YankeeSource
    Giancarlo Stanton is familiar with Petco Park

19G
    .323/.432/.758
    20 for 62, 3 2B, 8 HR, 15 RBI, 12BB, 14K
    Yeah he played with the marlins , so this doesn’t come as much of a surprise. And could be good news for the Yankees . Then again look at the quality of pitching he faced there .
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-03-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233