2. Judge RF
    3. Voit 1b
    4. Big Mike DH
    5. Hick CF
    6. Torres SS
    7. Urshela 3b
    8. Frazier LF
    9. Higgy C
    I would do this (based on experience and the fact that Gardy is the last Yankee to hit a HR off Bieber last season):

1- DJ [2B]
    2- Hicks [CF]
    3- Judge [RF]
    4- Voit [1B]
    5- Gardner [LF]
    6- Urshela [3B]
    7- Torres [SS]
    8- Higashioka [C]
    9- Frazier [DH]

I find it fascinating those who say Gardy had a horrible season and Frazier did so amazing...yet in September Gardner had a better OPS than Frazier (.874 to .854) and Gardner is still a better fielder than Frazier last I checked.

I wouldn't be shocked if Frazier starts in the bench as it's predictable Stanton would be the DH knowing Boone. But I'm sticking with my lineup. I like how balanced it is knowing the limits of the roster.

Based on this year's stats and what I know about lineup construction, I'd go with something like this vs. Bieber (though I'm not 100% sure who's healthy and who's not currently):

2B LeMahieu (R)
    DH Stanton (R)
    LF Frazier (R)
    1B Voit (R)
    RF Judge (R)
    3B Urshela (R)
    CF Hicks (S)
    SS Torres (R)
    C Higashioka (R)
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 09-28-2020 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Based on this year's stats and what I know about lineup construction, I'd go with something like this vs. Bieber (though I'm not 100% sure who's healthy and who's not currently):

2B LeMahieu (R)
    DH Stanton (R)
    LF Frazier (R)
    1B Voit (L)
    RF Judge (R)
    3B Urshela (R)
    CF Hicks (S)
    SS Torres (R)
    C Higashioka (R)
    Voit is a lefty? and why Judge 5th?

Also I don't like Stanton hitting 2nd whatsoever. he is mr. doubleplays lately. Everytime DJ gets on base he will be erased by stanton hitting behind him and I doubt DJ would get many fastballs to hit with Stanton as his protection.
    Last edited by ShinobiNYC; 09-28-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post

Also I don't like Stanton hitting 2nd whatsoever. he is mr. doubleplays lately. Everytime DJ gets on base he will be erased by stanton hitting behind him and I doubt DJ would get many fastballs to hit with Stanton as his protection.
    I agree, why? Also agree Stanton in 2 hole is a disaster waiting to happen. I would bat him 5th.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

My sincerest apologies on making a typo. As you inferred, Voit is a righty.

Why Judge batting fifth? Why not? For me, it was between Frazier and Judge at that spot in the lineup and I'd rather have the guy that gets on base more in the three spot and the guy that hits for more power in the five spot.

Sounds like you're exaggerating Stanton's issues with GIDP (he hit in to 4 of them all season; not great but also not some issue that necessitates hiding him in the lineup). Plus lineup protection is basically a myth and LeMahieu isn't some guy that wilts vs. offspeed pitches or something.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I would do this (based on experience and the fact that Gardy is the last Yankee to hit a HR off Bieber last season):

1- DJ [2B]
    2- Hicks [CF]
    3- Judge [RF]
    4- Voit [1B]
    5- Gardner [LF]
    6- Urshela [3B]
    7- Torres [SS]
    8- Higashioka [C]
    9- Frazier [DH]

I find it fascinating those who say Gardy had a horrible season and Frazier did so amazing...yet in September Gardner had a better OPS than Frazier (.874 to .854) and Gardner is still a better fielder than Frazier last I checked.

I wouldn't be shocked if Frazier starts in the bench as it's predictable Stanton would be the DH knowing Boone. But I'm sticking with my lineup. I like how balanced it is knowing the limits of the roster.
    Gardner had ops of .747 to Frazier’s ops of .905 this season

https://www.mlb.com/player/brett-gardner-458731

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...razicl01.shtml

I know you said for the month of September , but I just don’t find 2 hundredths of a point in ops for one month to be a reason to Start Gardner over Frazier in the playoffs . Frazier earned his spot in that lineup imo .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-28-2020 at 06:28 PM.

1- DJ [2B]
    2- Hicks [CF]
    3- Judge [RF]
    4- Voit [1B]
    5- Gardner [LF]
    6- Urshela [3B]
    7- Torres [SS]
    8- Higashioka [C]
    9- Frazier [DH]

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Here you go: https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ate=2020-12-31

Frazier was way better with the bat in '20. Doesn't appear to be a big difference in their defense but it looks as though Frazier was a hair better with the glove this year. Sure, one could cherry pick and only look at their stats for September but even doing that, the gap between them is quite small.

Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch

Aaron Boone said that the Yankees had a “long and spirited” meeting to hammer out the postseason roster. They’re close.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch

Aaron Boone said that the Yankees had a “long and spirited” meeting to hammer out the postseason roster. They’re close.
    Shouldn’t take a long meeting to figure out what the post season roster is .

I guess there are a few guys on the bubble (no pun intended). Spirited because I can only assume there were differences of opinion. How many pitchers to carry? Which pitchers to carry?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I guess there are a few guys on the bubble (no pun intended). Spirited because I can only assume there were differences of opinion. How many pitchers to carry? Which pitchers to carry?
    I just hope Frazier is a starter in the outfield and Sanchez is on the bench .

this is how the lineup should look. HIcks is a bad hitter but he actually gets on base. Outside of him, I'm stacking the best hitters at the top and the ones who hit with RISP, and the worse ones at the bottom. I've never understood

1- HIcks
    2- DJ
    3- Urshela
    4- Voit
    5- Judge
    6- Frazier
    7- Torres
    8- Stanton
    9- Higashioka

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    this is how the lineup should look. HIcks is a bad hitter but he actually gets on base. Outside of him, I'm stacking the best hitters at the top and the ones who hit with RISP, and the worse ones at the bottom. I've never understood

1- HIcks
    2- DJ
    3- Urshela
    4- Voit
    5- Judge
    6- Frazier
    7- Torres
    8- Stanton
    9- Higashioka
    Swich Stanton and Torres and switch DJ snd Hicks and I'agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Swich Stanton and Torres and switch DJ snd Hicks and I'agree.
    I second that

I believe Cashman will go with Gardy now in LF. He usually goes with the experience and the hotter bat.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast