Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Let me help you: we don't know if anything was illegal or not. That's not going to be in the tax filing.

Even if what he did was somehow legal, doesn't make him any less of a fraud or a scumbag.
    well, if it was all done legally, I don't know how you can call him a fraud or scumbag....he's just utilizing the system in place to his advantage.......which thousands/millions of others are doing as well............and another kicker here is, HE may not be doing ANY of it, that's what he has CPAs for

Now, that said, the same could be said about 'the family'....and we've all seen the movies about the 'adventures' of some of THEIR accountants.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, if it was all done legally, I don't know how you can call him a fraud or scumbag....he's just utilizing the system in place to his advantage.......which thousands/millions of others are doing as well............and another kicker here is, HE may not be doing ANY of it, that's what he has CPAs for

Now, that said, the same could be said about 'the family'....and we've all seen the movies about the 'adventures' of some of THEIR accountants.....
    LOL seriously? You're unbelievable.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Legal doesn't mean respectable. Lots of legal things are scummy.

Not paying your taxes is incredibly selfish and scummy

Having to pay someone to get you out of your constant business blunders is incompetent.

Idk how anyone can look at those things and say, hell ya, he's the guy. All this boils down to is the guy is a complete loser
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

well, if it was all done legally, I don't know how you can call him a fraud or scumbag....
    Writing personal expenses as business expenses is technically illegal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I can tell there's basically no accountants in here.

I will not remotely say there's nothing fishy, even criminal going on. It's entirely possible there is.

HOWEVER, those of you saying things like how could he not pay more in taxes or how could he operate at a loss, etc etc.....you obviously don't understand how corporate taxes work.

Firstly, there's the person and there's the business....this is talking about Donald Trump's PERSONAL taxes, NOT his company's taxes. It is ENTIRELY possible, even legally, for him to show virtually NO income personally while living a lavish lifestyle via revenues from his company.

That said, this is exactly the kind of thing that causes people to scream about how corporations don't pay enough in taxes. I GUARANTEE there are HUNDREDS of situations like this......not like Donnie is necessarily doing anything new. When he says fake news this time? It's not above the realm of possibility he's right....legally.
    Ba da boom.

Ba da bing.

Last year I personally paid taxes for the first time in years. Quite a bit. The business did so well that I could not lay off a lot of the profit (profitÖnot money). I will have no such problems next year.

There are many deductions open to businesses that are not available to individuals. Some seem unfair but they are there and you would have to be nuts to not take advantage of them. The bigger you are the bigger the opportunities are to game the system. There can be situations when a business is making money but it is advantageous to sell it at a loss so as to dilute income in other areas and take a beneficial tax loss and then re-invest the money from the sale (at a loss) into a more profitable deal.

It is not just cut and dry. And Trump is probably a master finagler.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Legal doesn't mean respectable. Lots of legal things are scummy.

Not paying your taxes is incredibly selfish and scummy

Having to pay someone to get you out of your constant business blunders is incompetent.

Idk how anyone can look at those things and say, hell ya, he's the guy. All this boils down to is the guy is a complete loser
    I had to do a double take when I saw SiteWolf posted that, I thought it was Sluggo. The fact that you'd never be able to tell without seeing the Username should disturb SiteWolf deeply.

If it was someone poor taking advantage of loopholes, I'd have more sympathy. But someone of Trump's stature? No effing way.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The qualifications for the presidency are written in the Constitution. I don't think the Million Dollar Rule is in there.
    It's not. Do you think a net worth cap would result in worse candidates or better?

My place on tax rates often gets me criticism from conservatives and liberals.

I think the tax rates should be much lower across the board.
    I think there should be no exemptions.
    I think there should be an additional small tax on total net worth gained.

I think the similar rules should apply to business.

I think all government fees and fines should be much smaller.

I think the total amount collected from the public (ALL of them. Bridge tolls, sales tax, recycling taxes, etc) should be available to each one of us at the end of the year so we can know how much it's really costing us. (Don't know how to do that and maintain privacy practically).

I think there should be a balanced budget requirement.

Maybe itís best if we just communicate in memes from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd bet good money against that claim.
    You don't think waking up next to a beautiful woman is a better way to start your day than reading PSD? Can't say I'm surprised.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You don't think waking up next to a beautiful woman is a better way to start your day than reading PSD? Can't say I'm surprised.
    Oof. Your reading comprehension is absolute trash. My doubts were on you waking up next to a "beautiful woman".

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Oof. Your reading comprehension is absolute trash. My doubts were on you waking up next to a "beautiful woman".
    He asked what's better than waking up to a meltdown from PSD posters. I replied that waking up next to a beautiful woman would be better. You said you'd bet money against that claim, which would imply you disagree.

So, your understanding of linguistics is absolute trash. lol
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    My place on tax rates often gets me criticism from conservatives and liberals.

I think the tax rates should be much lower across the board.
    I think there should be no exemptions.
    I think there should be an additional small tax on total net worth gained.

I think the similar rules should apply to business.

I think all government fees and fines should be much smaller.

I think the total amount collected from the public (ALL of them. Bridge tolls, sales tax, recycling taxes, etc) should be available to each one of us at the end of the year so we can know how much it's really costing us. (Don't know how to do that and maintain privacy practically).

I think there should be a balanced budget requirement.
    Tax rates should never be cut when we have such a large debt and deficit. Tax rates should be raised and the exemptions should be reduced to allow the percent increase to be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He asked what's better than waking up to a meltdown from PSD posters. I replied that waking up next to a beautiful woman would be better. You said you'd bet money against that claim, which would imply you disagree.

So, your understanding of linguistics is absolute trash. lol
    I don't need a recap, genius. I was quite obviously referring to the looks of your girlfriend; no surprise that went right over your head.

I bet you think you're ultra clever with this constant stream of verbal diarrhea you so graciously share with us though. Keep up the splendid work, Jacko.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I don't need a recap, genius. I was quite obviously referring to the looks of your girlfriend; no surprise that went right over your head.

I bet you think you're ultra clever with this constant stream of verbal diarrhea you so graciously share with us though. Keep up the splendid work, Jacko.
    Yes, I knew what you were trying to refer to, but because of your poor understanding of how to use words you just insulted yourself and it clearly went over your head.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast