Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,471 to 1,479 of 1479

Thread: Jesus' race

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    All of his arguments are simply mathematical manipulations. In this argument, his manipulation is to say starting from today you can count to any given point in the past.

But that's not considering the concept of infinity. That's considering only finite concept.

I'm not saying we START at a point infinity years ago, in saying there does indeed exist a point infinity years ago. IF you are telling me we have an infinite past. Is that not the case?
    There can be no point that is exactly an infinite amount of time ago, because as soon as you have the point you can add another point prior to it therefore it is no longer infinite. But there is no point along an infinity that you canít measure from that point to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There can be no point that is exactly an infinite amount of time ago, because as soon as you have the point you can add another point prior to it therefore it is no longer infinite. But there is no point along an infinity that you canít measure from that point to this point. Essentially, any poi t you pick will always have an infinite amount of time prior to it, but a set amount of time from that point to here.

So the question is, what point are you trying to get from there to here and how could you not do so?
    The ever regressing point.

That's my entire point.

It is ever regressing. We could have never reached from then to now. It is ever regressing. Think of it. An ever regressing point CANNOT exist. That is to say, an infinite past CANNOT exist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The ever regressing point.

That's my entire point.

It is ever regressing. We could have never reached from then to now. It is ever regressing. Think of it. An ever regressing point CANNOT exist. That is to say, an infinite past CANNOT exist.
    Except no point is ever regressing except the start point, which goes back to my point: you are still basing your question on the idea there must be a start point.

There is no ever regressing point in infinity, because the ever regressing point youíre referring to is the end of infinity, and infinity has no end...

Except no point is ever regressing except the start point, which goes back to my point: you are still basing your question on the idea there must be a start point.

There is no ever regressing point in infinity, because the ever regressing point youíre referring to is the end of infinity, and infinity has no end...
    No, you are telling me time goes back an infinite amount. That means you're telling me an infinite number of "days" preceded today.

Starting point has nothing to do with it. The only point is today. Your claim of an infinite number of "days" or events (events probably a better measure of time) preceding today is what I'm not buying.

Last edited by nastynice; 11-12-2020 at 05:10 AM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

somehow never expected this thread to move from the geneology of the Christian messiah to a discussion on infinity...with multiple iterations between.......but then, it's 2020, ain't nothin' normal
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

No, you are telling me time goes back an infinite amount. That means you're telling me an infinite number of "days" preceded today.

Starting point has nothing to do with it. The only point is today. Your claim of an infinite number of "days" or events (events probably a better measure of time) preceding today is what I'm not buying.
    Starting point has everything to do with it, you just donít see how.

Let me ask you: what moment in the past could you not start at and country to this point?

Starting point has everything to do with it, you just donít see how.

Let me ask you: what moment in the past could you not start at and country to this point?
    Whatever moment that exemplifies your claim of an infinite past..

Whatever moment that exemplifies your claim of an infinite past...
    To clarify, what moment is that?

To clarify, what moment is that?
    You would know better than me, it's your claim.

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899