Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1479

Thread: Jesus' race

  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,138
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There are plenty of numbers smaller than zero: every negative number.

    Again, you are assuming the only way to get to this point in time is to start at some beginning and travel forwards u til you get to this point. What if that is not how it how it works?

    What if the universe expands until it can’t expand anymore and then collapses to a singularity, followed by a Big Bang creating the universe anew in and endless pattern of expansion and contraction. Thus time as we perceive it would technically “reset” at the beginning of every new universe while never having a beginning or an end. And we could have arrived at this point in time many times (possibly an infinite amount).
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There are plenty of numbers smaller than zero: every negative number.

    Again, you are assuming the only way to get to this point in time is to start at some beginning and travel forwards u til you get to this point. What if that is not how it how it works?

    What if the universe expands until it can’t expand anymore and then collapses to a singularity, followed by a Big Bang creating the universe anew in and endless pattern of expansion and contraction. Thus time as we perceive it would technically “reset” at the beginning of every new universe while never having a beginning or an end. And we could have arrived at this point in time many times (possibly an infinite amount).
    Listen bro, miss me with that spaced out ****. I feel like at least you understood my argument this time.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Listen bro, miss me with that spaced out ****. I feel like at least you understood my argument this time.
    I did! I finally got it

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,138
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did! I finally got it
    I just wanted to hammer my point home.

    The stuff you brought up DOES have merit to it, in addition to quantum mechanics suggesting other dimensions, but those concepts are so rudimentary and unrefined that its hard to argue them one way or the other.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,855
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    How could something take place AFTER infinite time? Would infinite time need to end for something to take place after it?

    I think you're missing his point (or maybe I am) he is not saying that time doesn't have graph or a linear timeline... he is just saying it extends infinitely to the past and infinitely to the future without beginning or end.

    It shouldn't be too hard to understand... its exactly how we view God.
    Agreed (believe it or not).

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,855
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There are plenty of numbers smaller than zero: every negative number.

    Again, you are assuming the only way to get to this point in time is to start at some beginning and travel forwards u til you get to this point. What if that is not how it how it works?

    What if the universe expands until it can’t expand anymore and then collapses to a singularity, followed by a Big Bang creating the universe anew in and endless pattern of expansion and contraction. Thus time as we perceive it would technically “reset” at the beginning of every new universe while never having a beginning or an end. And we could have arrived at this point in time many times (possibly an infinite amount).
    Careful. You're about to break nasty.

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I just gave you all the reasons the Ark could not possible have transported all the animals, food, and plants necessary for the story to be literal.
    I refuted that all for you.

    There's also the fact that there is simply not enough water in the water cycle to raise the sea level enough to flood the entire earth
    That assumes today's Post Flood Earth is the topology as the Pre Flood Earth


    , or the fact that there is no universal layer of salt within our bedrock that would be consistent with a salt water flood covering the earth from the time the flood was alleged to have happened,
    It would not be needed

    and the fact that no other civilization from that time period mentions a flood covering and killing everything, which seems like it would have been pretty big news
    Flood stories are in most cultures which would give evidence that it did happen.


    the fact that we actually have identified plants that are older than the flood.
    There are no plants identified as older than the Flood.

    So again I await one.

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I will answer each question in turn:

    1. It is possible for some plants and animals to have evolved from interspecies after the flood, but it is not possible for it to have happened as many times as would be necessary to explain speciation today from the time of the flood. We can actually look at when the speciation for several species occurred and they go back way farther than 4,000 years in an abundance of cases.
    1. No you can't and it doesn't outside of the faith you have.

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I refuted that all for you.

    That assumes today's Post Flood Earth is the topology as the Pre Flood Earth

    It would not be needed

    Flood stories are in most cultures which would give evidence that it did happen.

    There are no plants identified as older than the Flood.

    So again I await one.
    First Bolded: Except the Geologic record indicates the topology was the same. Heck, we have references to landmasses and features pre-dating the flood that indicate it was the same.

    Second Bolded: That's because floods happen in most places around the world. Very few of them speak of a flood that covers the entire earth however.

    Third Bolded: That is factually incorrect. There are several bristlecone pines dated at 4,800 years old.


    Serious question: what is your education level? What is the last science class you took in school?

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    1. No you can't and it doesn't outside of the faith you have.
    For anyone actually interested in science. They have these things called Phylogenetic trees that map out the evolution of species.

    Here is a map of the felidae panthera:

    https://www.wildcatfamily.com/felidae-evolution/


    It's actually really cool and fun stuff, to trace back species and see how they split and when, and what common ancestors different animals shared.

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: Except the Geologic record indicates the topology was the same. Heck, we have references to landmasses and features pre-dating the flood that indicate it was the same.

    Second Bolded: That's because floods happen in most places around the world. Very few of them speak of a flood that covers the entire earth however.

    Third Bolded: That is factually incorrect. There are several bristlecone pines dated at 4,800 years old.


    Serious question: what is your education level? What is the last science class you took in school?
    No we don't.

    That's not true, many speak of a global flood

    That would fit within the time frame assuming that the dating of such items were correct to begin with.

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    For anyone actually interested in science. They have these things called Phylogenetic trees that map out the evolution of species.

    Here is a map of the felidae panthera:

    https://www.wildcatfamily.com/felidae-evolution/


    It's actually really cool and fun stuff, to trace back species and see how they split and when, and what common ancestors different animals shared.
    Common ancestor? Science. Millions of years...No science.

  12. #1032
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No we don't.

    That's not true, many speak of a global flood

    That would fit within the time frame assuming that the dating of such items were correct to begin with.
    What do you mean no we don't? Yes we do lol. We have geological records going back millions of years. We have tablets and historical records older than 4,000 years.

  13. #1033
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Common ancestor? Science. Millions of years...No science.
    You're hopeless. Millions of years has been proven independently by every field of science. Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Astronomy, Geology. There is not a single field of science that does not have definitive proof that the earth is millions of years old.

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you mean no we don't? Yes we do lol. We have geological records going back millions of years. We have tablets and historical records older than 4,000 years.
    Again if you want to open a thread in the Science forum great, but I am not here to show you that you are wrong in a religious thread.

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You're hopeless. Millions of years has been proven independently by every field of science. Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Astronomy, Geology. There is not a single field of science that does not have definitive proof that the earth is millions of years old.
    No it has not. Unless of course you don't know the meaning of the word.

Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •