Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus' race

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That's the business the government can be in, but not marriage as it's a religious institution.

I think the Pope is correct.
    Marriage is just a word used because everyone understands it. A rose by any other name...

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Does light create dark? Does dark come from light? Or is dark just the absence of light? Immorality is the the abscess of morality, one does not need to create both.
    Interesting take..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    No, you died of natural causes. Here lies the problem, if EVERYTHING is god's will, how you can possibly view him as being just or moral? Innocent children being brutally beaten and raped is the will of god? This is why I can't believe. This all knowing, all loving god can permit those things? That's pretty hypocritical.

Here's the book you need to read:

https://www.amazon.com/God-Moral-Mon.../dp/0801072751

Quote Originally Posted by sitewolf View Post
    as i've said often over the years......if i was perfect, i wouldn't still be here.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So God DID directly kill all the firstborn sons in Egypt lol

Well in that case Nasty, what I mean when I say directly killed them is he directly killed them lol
    How? Did he have a giant human hand that came down and smashed them?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I mean if you want to see it that way then sure... but He wouldnít be very God-Like if He did as you speak. Whatever god youíre speaking about isnít the one I worship.

You keep speaking about God as if He is a man... donít you see the fallacy in that?
    I think we approach the question of Godís divinity from different starting points. You begin with God saying he is divine, and then judging the divinity of his actions upon the premise he is divine.

I approach the question of Godís divinity by analyzing his actions and determining if the creature that behaves in that way and does those things is divine.

I can just as easily and correctly state that it was not my time which is why I keep responding as God has not yet deemed it my time.

Again, show me that she did so independently. You can't. Cause she hasn't.
    But you are simply using results to retroactively make predictions. Youíre like a guy who trips and then says ďI meant to do thatĒ, or the classic comedic sketch where someone tries to give a dog commands and the dog does whatever it wants and then you simply command the dog to do what it is already doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You keep using the word murder when that simply may not exactly be the case.
    If He allows someone to die of Covid, did He murder them? Or just not intercede to prevent it from happening?
    We have stories written in the Bible, usually by people writing down a story handed down to them as it happened many years before they were born, that say God did things like send the angel of death. We don't know if He actually did or if some phenomena they couldn't explain at the time occurred and the only explanation they had was 'God must have caused it to happen'...vs a natural phenomena, which granted He didn't intercede to prevent, causing the deaths. There are many who've asked questions like 'how could God take my child' or 'why did God create cancer' when that's likely an incorrect view; more correct is that life happens, and He doesn't micromanage everything that goes on and intercede.
    The first five books except for the very end of Deuteronomy was written by Moses per Biblical scholars.

I see no believers on here saying God murders however unbelievers seem to be. But hey, straw man more so you can keep knocking them down.
    You just arenít calling it murder. Youíre saying ďyeah God killed firstborn Egyptian baby sonís first a crime they personally didnít commitĒ and then claiming that is not murder...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I disagree. Simple as that. Maybe if I believed I would feel different.

There are many things that make me a non-believer. I was raised by a man who taught me that the bible was good way to teach people how to behave in a society. A big book of fables if you will. Do unto others, that's incredible. Love thy neighbor. Absolutely. Sending innocent children to purgotary because of the parents failure to baptize while rapists and murderers can get into heaven because they confessed their sins? Can't get on board with that. Sending a hit man to murder innocent children. No thanks. Only saving people from a geographical region? Why?

These are rhetorical questions. You don't need to answer.
    At least one of those not in the Bible. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think we approach the question of Godís divinity from different starting points. You begin with God saying he is divine, and then judging the divinity of his actions upon the premise he is divine.

I approach the question of Godís divinity by analyzing his actions and determining if the creature that behaves in that way and does those things is divine.
    I agree. But my starting point wasn't is God good? it was Is there a God? Once I determined there was a god, I sought who He was.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

I just may. I am open minded about it all. Fwiw studied religion at least an hour a day for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

LOL now you're talking about Him as if He is a man!
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    According to the passages 20K cited, it said he ďstruck downĒ the firstborn.

How literally do you take struck down? Or more to the point: are you now disputing that God directly killed them despite God quite literally saying in the Bible that he will go and kill them and then going and killing them? It seems like you are reaching at this point.

At least one of those not in the Bible. So there's that.
    Which one?

Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast