Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 1479

Thread: Jesus' race

  1. #781
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,133
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Because those parameters remove the option of freedom of choice.
    What exactly removes the option of freedom of choice?

    In islam we say that your actions write your destiny. It's an interesting concept, one I haven't necessarily FULLY grasped.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #782
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Breaking news (apropos of this thread)

    Pope Francis has said that he thinks same-sex couples should be allowed to have "civil unions".
    That's the business the government can be in, but not marriage as it's a religious institution.

    I think the Pope is correct.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And I like this understanding better than the Christian one because I agree, if God is omnipotent than immorality has to derive from him.

    Where we differ is I donít think we need to worship him and talk about how awesome he is simply because he made us.
    Does light create dark? Does dark come from light? Or is dark just the absence of light? Immorality is the the abscess of morality, one does not need to create both.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well the fact your still responding tells me youíd have lived longer than had someone walked into your house and shot you at my last post.
    I can just as easily and correctly state that it was not my time which is why I keep responding as God has not yet deemed it my time.


    And yes the mother made the child. Thatís the entire concept of mother.

    Imagine saying that momís donít make their kids and telling someone else theyíre wrong lol. Do I need to have the birds and the bees talk with you?
    Again, show me that she did so independently. You can't. Cause she hasn't.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,266
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Iíll a little deeper in this...

    Go back and reread the story. Itís not the Angel of the Lord but the Lord Himself.

    ďFor I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord.Ē
    **Exodus‬ *12:12‬ *ESV‬‬

    ďAt midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock.Ē
    **Exodus‬ *12:29‬ *ESV‬‬
    So God DID directly kill all the firstborn sons in Egypt lol

    Well in that case Nasty, what I mean when I say directly killed them is he directly killed them lol

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,133
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And I like this understanding better than the Christian one because I agree, if God is omnipotent than immorality has to derive from him.

    Where we differ is I donít think we need to worship him and talk about how awesome he is simply because he made us.
    I dont think we NEED to either.

    But this awareness is better for us. I subscribe to my religion (and many other religions) as truth, so to me the more truths we know about our world, the better off we are.

    In islam our "sins and deeds" are ultimately a guide for what is best for us. When we were young we had this concept of doing things for the sake of god, but as we grew up we learned that these guidelines god gave us are for our own benefit, as an individual and as a society.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #787
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I also love how everyone (except Sitewolf) is saying ďHow is God murdering people immoral?Ē While also saying ďabortion is immoral murder!Ē

    I guess whether murder is OK is simply whether God does it or not.
    I see no believers on here saying God murders however unbelievers seem to be. But hey, straw man more so you can keep knocking them down.

  8. #788
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that I think for myself and don't just blindly believe what was handed to me by my parents, or whoever introduced you to religion.
    Congrats, neither do I.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That's the business the government can be in, but not marriage as it's a religious institution.

    I think the Pope is correct.
    I agree. If govt are gonna give tax breaks, mandate insurance coverage, give survivor rights, medical decision rights etc to heterosexual couples, then homosexual couples deserve to be treated the same.

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,133
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    There is nothing to say it happened before. That's blind faith and you are entitled to have it. But it's nothing more.
    No, its the exact opposite. What says it happened before is the fact that it happens now, combined with the fact that the fall had no effect on animals. So the opposite of faith is what is telling me this.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,916
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So God DID directly kill all the firstborn sons in Egypt lol

    Well in that case Nasty, what I mean when I say directly killed them is he directly killed them lol
    Yes He did.

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,007
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Again, Jesus talked of putting old things aside.....most churches today take the approach that means we are no longer tied to all that was written in the Old Testament...certain things Jesus reemphasized, like the Ten Commandments...and homosexuality. As far as wine in church, Jesus took wine and said drink, this is my blood...so not only did he then condone it in that instance, but when Christians take communion it is with that same symbolism...or to some, it actually changes.

    So you can call some of it picking and choosing...but it's Jesus who did that, not Christians.

    Of course some churches (Jehovah's Witnesses comes to mind) are viewed outside of the mainstream in part BECAUSE they continue to preach about things from the OT mainstream churches believe are no longer valid.
    Okay. Thatís true. But what changed and why did only some things change? If they arenít named specifically by Jesus do they remain the same? Someone in this thread actually said that god doesnít change his mind and is always right. So it canít be both ways.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,871
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And I like this understanding better than the Christian one because I agree, if God is omnipotent than immorality has to derive from him.

    Where we differ is I donít think we need to worship him and talk about how awesome he is simply because he made us.
    'Simply'? Life is an INCREDIBLE gift is it not? Just watching how the human body works, how it repairs itself, how amazing our minds can be......there's nothing simple and just that itself should be worth of praise.

    I mean that's a bit different from say worshiping the burger flipper who made your Whopper, yes?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #794
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Because you keep going in circles. Somehow you think this point in time is recognized by animals. It isn't. You can do a quick google search and find all of the info you need, or go back a few pages and actually read it. But it's pretty clear you aren't actually interested in finding the information. Because it doesn't go along with your beliefs.
    I will ask again, what circle?

    To be clear again, as I will say this again in this thread the animals do not recognize the Fall. That does not mean there are things that are done after the Fall that were not done before the Fall

    I'll ask you a second time to show me this factual scientific informational post that I must have missed unless that information was never posted in the first place.

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,133
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    You keep speaking about God as if He is a man... donít you see the fallacy in that?
    This is a good point, I've thought the same to myself a number of times.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •