Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus' race

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    This is very hypocritical. Either it is an individual's will or it is god's will. Often times it cannot be both.
    Why cant it be both?

Why cant god gave willed a set of parameters for us, and we (somewhat) will how we maneuver through it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I donít think objective requires a singular person saying what is and isnít objective. Objective means without bias or opinion. Something can be objectively true even if itís not a person telling us. The earth objectively revolves around the sun, we didnít need God to tell us that to know it objectively.
    It requires someone or something that isnít under the subjective or objective truth. Someone who outside of the the bounds and restraints of said truth. How could you, or I, or anyone be unbiased when it comes to morality? Therefore according to your definition, we couldnít have created morality.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What conversation?

You probably misunderstood. Classic valade [emoji14]
    And this is classic Nasty: referencing a conversation he now canít recall

Seriously, you believe so much contradictory nonsense you should really make yourself a chart to remember it all.

I also think a big difference is you do not view God as strictly moral. You view him as both moral and immoral, which is very different than how Christians view him. And also explains why your response to God committing any sort of immorality is ďso what?Ē
    Sure, well the thing is if he is absolute then he MUST be immoral as well. Where else did it come from?

You could say it came from the devil, sure. Where did the devil come from.

If god is absolute, all paths lead home. ALL paths.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

And this is classic Nasty: referencing a conversation he now canít recall
    lmao! ok good one.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    It requires someone or something that isnít under the subjective or objective truth. Someone who outside of the the bounds and restraints of said truth. How could you, or I, or anyone be unbiased when it comes to morality? Therefore according to your definition, we couldnít have created morality.
    If youíre questioning motive than God is likewise not unbiased in determining Morality considering he wants us to do as he says and to worship him, therefore his morality is biased towards these aims (itís why one of the Ten Commandments is thou shalt not worship false idols).

So by that logic, God also could not have created morality.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You said non-Christians weren't perfect actually. If you meant Christians or both Christians and non-Christians, you didn't word it well.
    I think everyone knew exactly what I meant... even you. But you always gotta soon something to argue.

Why cant it be both?

Why cant god gave willed a set of parameters for us, and we (somewhat) will how we maneuver through it?

Because those parameters remove the option of freedom of choice.

Sure, well the thing is if he is absolute then he MUST be immoral as well. Where else did it come from?

You could say it came from the devil, sure. Where did the devil come from.

If god is absolute, all paths lead home. ALL paths.
    And I like this understanding better than the Christian one because I agree, if God is omnipotent than immorality has to derive from him.

Where we differ is I donít think we need to worship him and talk about how awesome he is simply because he made us.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Actually not about me at all. It's about how hypocritical it all is. And how some things are literal and some are open to interpretation, as long as that interpretation jives with the feelings of the individual reading the text. Take the passages about homosexuality for example. Many, many people take them literally. But yet it's okay to wear clothing made of blended fabrics. It actually says you are not to drink alcohol in holy places, yet many places offer red wine as the blood with their services. It's basically picking and choosing what you want.
    Again, Jesus talked of putting old things aside.....most churches today take the approach that means we are no longer tied to all that was written in the Old Testament...certain things Jesus reemphasized, like the Ten Commandments...and homosexuality. As far as wine in church, Jesus took wine and said drink, this is my blood...so not only did he then condone it in that instance, but when Christians take communion it is with that same symbolism...or to some, it actually changes.

So you can call some of it picking and choosing...but it's Jesus who did that, not Christians.

Of course some churches (Jehovah's Witnesses comes to mind) are viewed outside of the mainstream in part BECAUSE they continue to preach about things from the OT mainstream churches believe are no longer valid.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Animals had gay sex before the fall. We know because we see them doing it right now. There is no reason to believe this is a new learned behavior. It would take evidence to make that statement. Right now the evidence is overwhelming that this behavior takes place in animal society, there is nothing to say it started after the fall.

There is nothing to say it happened before. That's blind faith and you are entitled to have it. But it's nothing more.

Sometimes I genuinely donít know if youíre playing stupid or you just are this stupid.

What is the direct action? That God brought down the 10 plagues on Egypt and the final one was him ordering the Angel of Death to go house to house and kill every firstborn Egyptian son.

Do you believe that happened, yes or no?
    Iíll a little deeper in this...

Go back and reread the story. Itís not the Angel of the Lord but the Lord Himself.

ďFor I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord.Ē
    **Exodus‬ *12:12‬ *ESV‬‬

ďAt midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock.Ē
    **Exodus‬ *12:29‬ *ESV‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Says the guy that will never admit he's ever wrong despite being wrong the vast majority of the time on a wide range of subjects.
    Thankfully I chose to breathe while Spliff(tone) tried to prove this post.

Hardships are an opportunity to learn, if the hardship allows us that opportunity. What I mean to say is, the baby who dies of inoperable brain cancer certainly isnít learning from that hardship unless theyíre doing so in the next life.
    Thatís a fair point. I was thinking more along the lines of the parents of the child you mention. Yes there would be many times you cannot learn or grow from your hardships.

If youíre questioning motive than God is likewise not unbiased in determining Morality considering he wants us to do as he says and to worship him, therefore his morality is biased towards these aims (itís why one of the Ten Commandments is thou shalt not worship false idols).

So by that logic, God also could not have created morality.
    I mean if you want to see it that way then sure... but He wouldnít be very God-Like if He did as you speak. Whatever god youíre speaking about isnít the one I worship.

You keep speaking about God as if He is a man... donít you see the fallacy in that?

Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast