Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 1479

Thread: Jesus' race

  1. #586
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,321
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Sure it is. God kills everyone. Old Age, Plague, Sword, everyone dies. There is nothing immoral about God.

    The mental gymnastics you need to do to interpret the union of becoming one flesh as anything but marriage which is enforced repeatedly by other scripture describing when sexual relations can and cannot happen is very, very high.

    Sodom and Gomorrah happened long after Adam and Eve, a point no one would debate seriously looking for truth.

    Again Genesis 2:18-24 is quite clear. Funny hill you decide to die upon.

    As for you trying to shift things to Nazi's and the like, we are all speaking of the Bible, Jesus, God, marriage and it's establishment. Let's not leave the topic.
    First Bolded: You make him sound so moral...

    I will ask you point blank: Do you think killing every first born son in Egypt in revenge was moral?

    Second Bolded: And yet clearly never mentions the word marriage. If you can claim that marriage existed before they mentioned it, then homosexuality can clearly have existed before they mentioned it.


    But your entire rationale is that gays cannot marry because being gay is a sin, and it's a sin because God says so.

    God is immoral for saying being gay is a sin. I don't believe something is moral simply because God says it is, especially because God has said extremely immoral things (like killing firstborn sons for revenge) is moral.

  2. #587
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: You make him sound so moral...

    I will ask you point blank: Do you think killing every first born son in Egypt in revenge was moral?

    Second Bolded: And yet clearly never mentions the word marriage. If you can claim that marriage existed before they mentioned it, then homosexuality can clearly have existed before they mentioned it.


    But your entire rationale is that gays cannot marry because being gay is a sin, and it's a sin because God says so.

    God is immoral for saying being gay is a sin. I don't believe something is moral simply because God says it is, especially because God has said extremely immoral things (like killing firstborn sons for revenge) is moral.
    He's the source or morality. Only Enoch and Elijah were swept into Heaven in the history of the world. Everyone else experienced death. Death is not moral or immoral. It's a part of life that everyone will go thru.

    It was not done for Revenge. Did you read the passage? If so, try again. The answer is right there.

    "Wife" is a word you struggle with?

    Again God is the Moral Compass. You can disagree with Him all you want. You are wrong at every turn.
    Last edited by brett05; 10-21-2020 at 07:28 AM.

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,321
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    He's the source or morality. Only one Enoch and Elijah were swept into Heaven in the history of the world. Everyone else experienced death. Death is not moral or immoral. It's a part of life that everyone will go thru.

    It was not done for Revenge. Did you read the passage? If so, try again. The answer is right there.

    "Wife" is a word you struggle with?
    First Bolded: I read the passage. It doesn't matter why he did it. I will repeat, killing the firstborn of an entire country, for any reason, is wrong. That you don't see that shows how little morality your moral authority has imbued you with.

    Second Bolded: I do not struggle with the word. I know what God said. I'm saying what God said is immoral.

    And yes, everyone experiences death... eventually. That doesn't mean God killing innocent baby first born children in Egypt is OK because had he not killed them then, they would have grown old and died eventually. That is immoral.

    For someone who claims to have a strong sense of morality, you really seem to be struggling with it.

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,028
    Firstly, it was written in the Bible that God sent the angel of death to kill the firstborn....again, there's question about how literal to take all that. After all, it was the 10th plague that transpired in that time. It's not like God was seen going from house to house murdering children.

    I saw a documentary that explained how it might be possible for only the firstborn to die during the night while others did not. It was customary in those days for the first born to have an actual platform to sleep on while others slept on the dirt floor. I don't remember what gas/substance they suggested, but were there a noxious gas of some sort somehow covering the area, it might be possible that only the firstborn, raised into a higher position, was so negatively effected while those on the floor were below it. Parents were generally in a more closed off private room so also less effected.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Government should stay out of religion so they should have never grabbed the word and act in the first place.
    This made me laugh. Thanks.

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,534
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Firstly, it was written in the Bible that God sent the angel of death to kill the firstborn....again, there's question about how literal to take all that. After all, it was the 10th plague that transpired in that time. It's not like God was seen going from house to house murdering children.

    I saw a documentary that explained how it might be possible for only the firstborn to die during the night while others did not. It was customary in those days for the first born to have an actual platform to sleep on while others slept on the dirt floor. I don't remember what gas/substance they suggested, but were there a noxious gas of some sort somehow covering the area, it might be possible that only the firstborn, raised into a higher position, was so negatively effected while those on the floor were below it. Parents were generally in a more closed off private room so also less effected.
    God is allegedly omnipotent. Wouldn't that mean he'd be able to do such a thing without being spotted?

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,425
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Firstly, it was written in the Bible that God sent the angel of death to kill the firstborn....again, there's question about how literal to take all that. After all, it was the 10th plague that transpired in that time. It's not like God was seen going from house to house murdering children.
    Good point.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Good point.
    Not really actually. You're still culpable for killing someone if you ordered the person who killed them to do it.

    Hitler didn't actually kill any Jews in a concentration camp, but we all blame him because it was his order to do so.

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,425
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Not really actually. You're still culpable for killing someone if you ordered the person who killed them to do it.

    Hitler didn't actually kill any Jews in a concentration camp, but we all blame him because it was his order to do so.
    Yea, we been on this argument before. Basically what your guys argument boils down to is that you dont believe god caters to humans well enough. I strongly disagree, that's where our impasse begins..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, we been on this argument before. Basically what your guys argument boils down to is that you dont believe god caters to humans well enough. I strongly disagree, that's where our impasse begins..
    By cater you mean not actively killing them?

    You believe Godís immorality is OK because you donít expect him to be moral (or as you put it, cater to humanity).

    But I agree, we have been down this argument before.

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,425
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    By cater you mean not actively killing them?

    You believe Godís immorality is OK because you donít expect him to be moral (or as you put it, cater to humanity).

    But I agree, we have been down this argument before.
    By cater I mean if the thing you're complaining about today is rectified immediately by god, the same argument would persist but just for the next worst thing. That is a road that will never end. It's a fundamentally unsound approach.

    That's what I mean by cater.

    I think immorality is ok because it is simply a truth of life. God or no god.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    By cater I mean if the thing you're complaining about today is rectified immediately by god, the same argument would persist but just for the next worst thing. That is a road that will never end. It's a fundamentally unsound approach.

    That's what I mean by cater.

    I think immorality is ok because it is simply a truth of life. God or no god.
    But that is incorrect. If someone murders people, you wouldn't say "look, if you asked him to stop murdering people, you'd just ask him to stop his next worst behavior and then where would it stop?"

    I'm not asking him to stop murderers, I'm asking him to stop murdering people. Big difference.

    You think it's catering to humanity to ask God not to murder firstborn children. I think it's immoral.

    But we agree, immorality is a truth of life. But it's also a truth of God.

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,321
    It is telling that not a single person here has been able to justify God murdering the first born of Egypt except by saying it's OK because God did it. Because outside "What God does and says goes", there is no justification that makes it OK.

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,425
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But that is incorrect. If someone murders people, you wouldn't say "look, if you asked him to stop murdering people, you'd just ask him to stop his next worst behavior and then where would it stop?"

    I'm not asking him to stop murderers, I'm asking him to stop murdering people. Big difference.

    You think it's catering to humanity to ask God not to murder firstborn children. I think it's immoral.

    But we agree, immorality is a truth of life. But it's also a truth of God.
    So essentially everything short of eternal life isnt good enough.

    You know we all gonna die, right? God gonna kill each and every one of us one way or another...

    If that's your complaint then that's your complaint. Seems kinda ridiculous to me...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,425
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is telling that not a single person here has been able to justify God murdering the first born of Egypt except by saying it's OK because God did it. Because outside "What God does and says goes", there is no justification that makes it OK.
    Because as sitewolf mentioned, we dont take that as him putting on a santa clause suit and jumping down everyone's chimney and slitting the necks of their kids. We understand that people reap what they sow. Or what their ancestors sow. That's how the world works. That's how the world exerts itself upon individuals.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •