Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus' race

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    pretty safe? You'll need to back that one up. The kinds were here before man but were not corrupted until after the Fall.
    Animals have no knowledge of "the fall".

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Humans are animals.

Therefore...

Who ever said they did?

the serpent knew
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

2) Yes Adam and Eve
    4) God is THE compass. There is no further revelation.

I think you need to re-read the passage on the death of the first born during the times of Egyptian enslavement of the Hebrews
    2) Does the Bible even say Adam and Eve were married? Regardless, it seems like homosexuality is as old as marriage since it predates all marriages throughout history except possibly one...

If I re-read the passages, Iím still going to read that God killed all the first born children in Egypt right?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    2) Does the Bible even say Adam and Eve were married? Regardless, it seems like homosexuality is as old as marriage since it predates all marriages throughout history except possibly one...

If I re-read the passages, Iím still going to read that God killed all the first born children in Egypt right?
    2) Yes Genesis 2:18-24

Please show me the evidence that homosexuality started the moment after the Fall occurred.

Did you re-read the passages?

2) Yes Genesis 2:18-24

Please show me the evidence that homosexuality started the moment after the Fall occurred.

Did you re-read the passages?
    Your the one who said homosexuality didnít start until after the fall, now youíre saying thatís not true? Which is it?

I did, God killed the first born sons of Egypt (even the firstborn livestock too). Now say what you were going to say.

...God killed the first born sons of Egypt (even the firstborn livestock too). Now say what you were going to say.
    Sounds to me a lot like the like the same god who tortured Job.

Your the one who said homosexuality didnít start until after the fall, now youíre saying thatís not true? Which is it?

I did, God killed the first born sons of Egypt (even the firstborn livestock too). Now say what you were going to say.
    I never changed. I stated it was after the fall, you are the one saying how soon after. That's for you to show your work.

God passed judgement upon Egypt, the similar judgement that Pharaoh had passed upon the Hebrews when Moses was a baby.

I never changed. I stated it was after the fall, you are the one saying how soon after. That's for you to show your work.

God passed judgement upon Egypt, the similar judgement that Pharaoh had passed upon the Hebrews when Moses was a baby.
    I'm not disputing that, but do not do unto others the evil that has been done unto you is literally the Golden rule.

Killing all of Egypt's first born sons simply because the Pharaoh of Egypt killed all the Jewish firstborn sons is not moral.

The Nazis performed genocide against the Jews. That doesn't mean us performing genocide against the Germans is OK in retaliation.

I repeat: the only country on earth that has that judicial system is North Korea, do you consider that moral?

As for the homosexuality part, my work is that marriage did not exist prior to Sodom or the wickedness practiced within there. Nowhere does the Bible mention that Adam and Eve were married, only that they were together. The Ten Commandments detailing not to commit adultery were given to Moses after the fall of Sodom. Additionally, God tells Abimelech he committed adultery against another man's wife in Genesis 20, but Sodom takes place in Genesis 13, prior to those events.

So in showing my work I must ask you: show your work. Show me where in the Bible it first mentions marriage, because I am not seeing it anywhere near Adam and Eve...

Are you expecting the specific word marriage?
    Genesis 2:24 says This is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife and they become one flesh.

God's judgment on Egypt is extremely simplified by saying it was simply revenge for what the pharoah did
    You're trying to compare your 2020 perception of morality as a human to that of God's 4,000 years ago with no more knowledge of what led up to it or actually happened other than the historical recounting in the Bible.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm not disputing that, but do not do unto others the evil that has been done unto you is literally the Golden rule.

Killing all of Egypt's first born sons simply because the Pharaoh of Egypt killed all the Jewish firstborn sons is not moral.
    Sure it is. God kills everyone. Old Age, Plague, Sword, everyone dies. There is nothing immoral about God.

As for the homosexuality part, my work is that marriage did not exist prior to Sodom or the wickedness practiced within there. Nowhere does the Bible mention that Adam and Eve were married, only that they were together.

So in showing my work I must ask you: show your work. Show me where in the Bible it first mentions marriage, because I am not seeing it anywhere near Adam and Eve...

The mental gymnastics you need to do to interpret the union of becoming one flesh as anything but marriage which is enforced repeatedly by other scripture describing when sexual relations can and cannot happen is very, very high.

Sodom and Gomorrah happened long after Adam and Eve, a point no one would debate seriously looking for truth.

Again Genesis 2:18-24 is quite clear. Funny hill you decide to die upon.

As for you trying to shift things to Nazi's and the like, we are all speaking of the Bible, Jesus, God, marriage and it's establishment. Let's not leave the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Genesis 2:24 says This is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife and they become one flesh.

God's judgment on Egypt is extremely simplified by saying it was simply revenge for what the pharoah did
    You're trying to compare your 2020 perception of morality as a human to that of God's 4,000 years ago with no more knowledge of what led up to it or actually happened other than the historical recounting in the Bible.
    Doesn't matter what the Bible says about marriage , shouldn't have any influence or impact on what marriage is legally anywhere

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Doesn't matter what the Bible says about marriage , shouldn't have any influence or impact on what marriage is legally anywhere

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Government should stay out of religion so they should have never grabbed the word and act in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Is there some context that led up to it that would make killing firstborn sons of an entire country moral?

I say again, if this were anyone but God who did this, nobody would be calling it moral.

Based on your 202 perception of morality as a human, do you think killing every firstborn son in Egypt as revenge for Pharaoh enslaving Jews was a moral act?

Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast