Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus' race

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Let's do this again.

1) Marriage existed long before anyone or any animal had inklings of homosexuality.
    2) God set the definition of marriage.
    3) By definition it is no way discriminatory.
    4) Yes I have an objective compass where you do not. You change like the wind with your compass where mine is consistent thru out time. Yours is ever changing with no definitive source where mine is unwavering with a verifiable source.

Let's assume that God is not the moral compass. Why would I do that or entertain such a thought? Been there done that. It'd be like me saying to you imagine you were ...I dunno...that you were a dandelion. It makes no sense. You're not a dandelion and God is the moral compass.
    What is your response to someone like me who does not believe in God yet will argue he is every bit as moral as anyone else?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 10-18-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    1) How do you know this?
    3) What is your definition of discrimination?
    4) You do not have an objective moral compass, you have an objective set of rules to follow, but that doesnít make them moral.

If God came down right now and told you to rape babies you would, because God said so. That is not morality, that is following the leader.
    1) God's Word is inerrant (before you try and think you've found something and thus post it, please search that it's been debunked prior to posting.)
    2) I'm ok with the google answer to this: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...sclient=psy-ab There it says the unjust or prejudicial treatment of categories of people or things. Like has been pointed out several times the group of homosexuals did not exist when marriage was established. It occurred only as a result of the fall
    4) I do have a moral compass, it's God. My compass is moral, true, never failing.

God would not that would be against His nature and God does not change. Nice try.
    Hebrews 13:8 ESV
    "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
    Malachi 3:6 ESV
    ďFor I the Lord do not change; therefor
    Numbers 23:19 ESV
    "God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? "

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    What is your response to someone like me who does not believe in God yet will argue he is every bit as moral as anyone else?
    Perhaps I am not understanding what you just said.
    Did you say you believe every moral the Bible speaks upon but that God does not exist, Is that correct?

Itís a big distinction.
    Yes it is, but I'm just curious about your arguments outside of that. Your arguments as they pertain to I inherited traits.

Kinda a tangent, but I thought it could be interesting...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

And you say Iím the one being rude...
    Did you honestly find that "rude"?

Not just a clever dig..?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Let's do this again.

1) Marriage existed long before anyone or any animal had inklings of homosexuality.
    2) God set the definition of marriage.
    3) By definition it is no way discriminatory.
    4) Yes I have an objective compass where you do not. You change like the wind with your compass where mine is consistent thru out time. Yours is ever changing with no definitive source where mine is unwavering with a verifiable source.

Let's assume that God is not the moral compass. Why would I do that or entertain such a thought? Been there done that. It'd be like me saying to you imagine you were ...I dunno...that you were a dandelion. It makes no sense. You're not a dandelion and God is the moral compass.
    Just from a scientific perspective, point 1 is definitely wrong. Basically every species engages in homosexual behaviour. It is natural. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo...ior_in_animals

Perhaps I am not understanding what you just said.
    Did you say you believe every moral the Bible speaks upon but that God does not exist, Is that correct?
    Let's assume I've never read the Bible and I don't believe God exists. But I am ready to argue I am no less moral than anyone else, conceding I am far from perfect.

From whete and through what conduit did my morals come?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Did you honestly find that "rude"?

Not just a clever dig..?
    No, I was mocking your post saying I was being rude.

No, I was mocking your post saying I was being rude.
    Haha, you were tho!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Just from a scientific perspective, point 1 is definitely wrong. Basically every species engages in homosexual behaviour. It is natural. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo...ior_in_animals
    I do not deny that animals show homosexuality at times, but you cannot show that it occurred prior to the Fall.

Let's assume I've never read the Bible and I don't believe God exists. But I am ready to argue I am no less moral than anyone else, conceding I am far from perfect.

Just taking a guess..either you or from some other person or group of people.

I do not deny that animals show homosexuality at times, but you cannot show that it occurred prior to the Fall.
    Yes I can. In fact, I saw it just this past Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yes I can. In fact, I saw it just this past Summer.
    touche

touche
    Just having some fun.

So, was there any sexuality before the fall?

Society in general is based on accepted morals of the majority of people. This country was originally founded as a place for religious freedom, so a lot of our society originated from that. There are, of course, exceptions (pro life/choice for example) where, over time, there's become growing divisions between what some believe to be moral that may run counter to others.

This is all scriptural. The expectation has always been there that Christians would be persecuted for their beliefs and that, as time went on, the world would become less and less moral from a strictly Biblical standpoint.

Times change, morality changes with it. I mean when I was a kid it was a juicy story to find out classmates had sex. Over time that became accepted but living together was still an 'oh my' moment. Society changes, morality changes....people just have different views about whether those changes are a good thing or fit their belief system.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast