Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1479

Thread: Jesus' race

  1. #1066
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Number systems are man made concept. It is a manner in which to measure the physical world around us.
    No, the amounts are real, what we call them is the man made part. Man didnít make up that there can be a single thing, we only made up what to call it (one).

    Or put another way, if manís numbers did not exist. There would still be various amounts of things across the universe.

  2. #1067
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did! I finally got it
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    When I said event b will never be reached you easily agreed with me.

    When I said today would never be reached, this, an eternal past is impossible, you didnt agree.

    This was before we started discussing this time forward backward expansion contraction nonsense.
    I found my post and no, I never agreed with you. I said I finally understood your point, nowhere did I say I agreed. In fact, I said I disagreed specifically because of the theory I posited that allows for the thing you said could not be possible, to be possible.

  3. #1068
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I found my post and no, I never agreed with you. I said I finally understood your point, nowhere did I say I agreed. In fact, I said I disagreed specifically because of the theory I posited that allows for the thing you said could not be possible, to be possible.
    Your theory is absolute horse ****, you understand that right.

    What if time just moved forward and backward? Yippee! What if lions just used to be herbivores? What if clouds used to rain skittles?

    I'm sorry those are things I just wont even entertain, they are too ****in stupid.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #1069
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Your theory is absolute horse ****, you understand that right.

    What if time just moved forward and backward? Yippee! What if lions just used to be herbivores? What if clouds used to rain skittles?

    I'm sorry those are things I just wont even entertain, they are too ****in stupid.
    First, when did I ever say time just moves forwards or backwards? Actually under my theory, time is only ever moving one direction (you realize that right?).

    I think the reason you wonít entertain it is you cannot disprove it, but admitting such a thing is possible means you canít maintain your reasoning for why there has to be a God, hence your violent rejection.

  5. #1070
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First, when did I ever say time just moves forwards or backwards? Actually under my theory, time is only ever moving one direction (you realize that right?).

    I think the reason you wonít entertain it is you cannot disprove it, but admitting such a thing is possible means you canít maintain your reasoning for why there has to be a God, hence your violent rejection.
    Time cannot only move in one direction AND have been eternal. We already established this...

    My rejection of it is the same exact reason I am.rejecting Brett's notion that lions were herbivores. It completely goes against all current observation while having no additional evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #1071
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Time cannot only move in one direction AND have been eternal. We already established this...
    No we did not establish it, you said it and I showed that you were wrong.

    As an experiment: assuming you never needed to stop for gas or to sleep, etc, if you were driving your car around a roundabout in the same direction, how many times could you drive it around the roundabout before you reaches the end (where you could not go forward any farther)?

  7. #1072
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No we did not establish it, you said it and I showed that you were wrong.

    As an experiment: assuming you never needed to stop for gas or to sleep, etc, if you were driving your car around a roundabout in the same direction, how many times could you drive it around the roundabout before you reaches the end (where you could not go forward any farther)?
    Haha, I'm sorry bro, I just cant do this. A physical circular road vs a function of time. I'm supposed to buy this ****? I cant..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #1073
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, I'm sorry bro, I just cant do this. A physical circular road vs a function of time. I'm supposed to buy this ****? I cant...
    Why not? Use your big boy words, because right now you sounds like a child that doesnít want to believe something but has no actual reason why.

  9. #1074
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why not? Use your big boy words, because right now you sounds like a child that doesnít want to believe something but has no actual reason why.
    Let me show you what you are doing.

    Let's make a graph in our head, the x axis will be time, the y axis will be number of corona cases.

    Every graph you see will be a line going from one side to the other. You can google any daily cases graph to see what I'm saying.

    Now let's erase that line and let's put a circle there. Does this graph now still make sense? Does that graph in anyway reflect actual reality? It would be a nonsensical graph to have it plotted as such.

    You are doing the same thing. You are applying concepts to situations in which they make no sense. Youre taking a time function and treating it like a physical road. It makes no sense. As they say in the UK, its rubbish.

    *rubbish was my big boy word for the post, btw [emoji846]

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-27-2020 at 04:14 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #1075
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Let me show you what you are doing.

    Let's make a graph in our head, the x axis will be time, the y axis will be number of corona cases.

    Every graph you see will be a line going from one side to the other. You can google any daily cases graph to see what I'm saying.

    Now let's erase that line and let's put a circle there. Does that make sense? Does that graph in anyway reflect actual reality?

    You are doing the same thing. You are applying concepts to situations in which they make no sense. As they say in the UK, its rubbish.
    That was a terrible analogy because the line is representative of two things (both time and corona cases) whereas in my theory time is only representative of one thing (time).

    But playing along, suppose we created a graph that measured a day starting at midnight to midnight and tracked how many cases there were in that 24 hour time period, before resetting every day at midnight.

    When would the graph stop displaying data about coronavirus cases for a day and would the coronavirus cases be the same every day for the same periods of time being measured?

  11. #1076
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That was a terrible analogy because the line is representative of two things (both time and corona cases) whereas in my theory time is only representative of one thing (time).

    But playing along, suppose we created a graph that measured a day starting at midnight to midnight and tracked how many cases there were in that 24 hour time period, before resetting every day at midnight.

    When would the graph stop displaying data about coronavirus cases for a day and would the coronavirus cases be the same every day for the same periods of time being measured?
    No, your theory regards time and events, the two are naturally connected. You cant disconnect one from the other. Time and space are connected. Time is a function, brother. Space is physical. Time can ALWAYS be plotted against something.

    No, the cases would be different because reality isnt on a daily loop. Every day is different. Every day was preceeded by a diff day and will be followed by a diff day.

    This convo getting mad wierd, lol. I'm sitting here tryina play some NHL 20, valade got me talking about twilight zone ****...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #1077
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, your theory regards time and events, the two are naturally connected. You cant disconnect one from the other. Time and space are connected. Time is a function, brother. Space is physical. Time can ALWAYS be plotted against something.

    No, the cases would be different because reality isnt on a daily loop. Every day is different. Every day was preceeded by a diff day and will be followed by a diff day.

    This convo getting mad wierd, lol. I'm sitting here tryina play some NHL 20, valade got me talking about twilight zone ****...
    But the hours within those days are the same. There will be a 2:00 for every single day, the same point of that day, and yet different things can happen within that 2:00 every time.

    Look at your wristwatch and tell me when the hand of the clock hits a point it never has before.

    Valade has you learning science and using your brain (for the perhaps the first time in our conversation).

    Honestly, I think your religion instilled such a strong mental block here, you are at this point mentally incapable of thinking about how anything is possible except through God. It has conditioned your brain to be inelastic and basic in its thinking.

    Honest to God, you need to take some shrooms or LSD and open your mind.

  13. #1078
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But the hours within those days are the same. There will be a 2:00 for every single day, the same point of that day, and yet different things can happen within that 2:00 every time.

    Look at your wristwatch and tell me when the hand of the clock hits a point it never has before.

    Valade has you learning science and using your brain (for the perhaps the first time in our conversation).

    Honestly, I think your religion instilled such a strong mental block here, you are at this point mentally incapable of thinking about how anything is possible except through God. It has conditioned your brain to be inelastic and basic in its thinking.

    Honest to God, you need to take some shrooms or LSD and open your mind.
    Ok, so every day has a 2 o clock, so what does that mean? Every day is the same thing happening over and over?

    What's that supposed to mean to me?

    I feel like I see and understand everything you say, what you're saying is just stupid as ****, it just is. I dont feel like you're understanding what I'm telling you here, I feel like you found an out which helps you entrench deeper in your garbage *** atheist perspective, and you're completely accepting things you never would in any other convo.

    In no other convo would you accept this..in no way would let me take other non physical ideas, such as political ideologies, and just act like they are something physical. In no conversation would you ever accept me saying well democracy got crushed by a mountain a decade ago, so it died and now no longer exists. So a democratic govt is no longer an option.

    Look how flippin stupid that sounds. Yet I'm supposed to accept you treating a time function like a physical object. That's complete bull ****.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #1079
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, so every day has a 2 o clock, so what does that mean? Every day is the same thing happening over and over?

    What's that supposed to mean to me?

    I feel like I see and understand everything you say, what you're saying is just stupid as ****, it just is. I dont feel like you're understanding what I'm telling you here, I feel like you found an out which helps you entrench deeper in your garbage *** atheist perspective, and you're completely accepting things you never would in any other convo.

    In no other convo would you accept this..in no way would let me take other non physical ideas, such as political ideologies, and just act like they are something physical. In no conversation would you ever accept me saying well democracy got crushed by a mountain a decade ago, so it died and now no longer exists. So a democratic govt is no longer an option.

    Look how flippin stupid that sounds. Yet I'm supposed to accept you treating a time function like a physical object. That's complete bull ****.
    It is obvious that you do not understand anything Iím saying if you think loops can only occur to physical objects. A person can have their thoughts stuck in a loop, a thought is not physical.

    Honestly, the fact you think a loop is only possible to physical things shows how stunted your thinking is in this regard.

    Do you think itís possible for non physical things to be a loop?

  15. #1080
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,300
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is obvious that you do not understand anything Iím saying if you think loops can only occur to physical objects. A person can have their thoughts stuck in a loop, a thought is not physical.
    lmaooo, cmon!!

    Thought stuck in a loop is a saying, a saying that uses a physical loop to describe recurring thoughts. The thoughts arent actually looping, each thought is a new thought, it's just about the same thing.

    Cmon valade, what the hell man.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •