Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus' race

Jesus' race

White supremacists aren’t also Christian supremacists. Also...he was totally white despite being from a region of the world that was dark and Arabic.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    White supremacists aren’t also Christian supremacists. Also...he was totally white despite being from a region of the world that was dark and Arabic.

are we really on this again. Jesus would be whatever race God wanted him to be, not the actual son of Joseph.

it has to be comical for people to assume his race based on where he lived as if he was merely some human and not the son of God.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    are we really on this again. Jesus would be whatever race God wanted him to be, not the actual son of Joseph.

it has to be comical for people to assume his race based on where he lived as if he was merely some human and not the son of God.
    Why is this even a matter for discussion here? If you want to continue this move it out of politics.

It's amazing the mental contortions you will use to maintain your belief Jesus was white. Why is it so important to you that he is white anyway?

If jesus was whatever race god wanted him to be then for sure he was black.

But I feel like he wanted him to be the race if his mother, who was the race of her mother, etc etc.

Call me crazy...

Regardless, point well made by db78087, clearly christianity is intertwined with the white supremacy agenda.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Jesus' race

I guess people need this

People care about Jesus' race?
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    People care about Jesus' race?
    Sorry, that was fall out from another thread. Fnk threw another classic fnk out there, and I bit.

His race really doesnt matter. His message does. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Anyway, race is a social construct — nothing more than a useful tool for oppression (which may well be the point here).

What exactly is the point?
    God would have chosen how he looked...however it was he made the choice.
    Most Christians give little thought to his race. Seriously, his race is whatever each person decides it was.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Pretty damn sure someone's race isn't "whatever each person decides it was"....

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty damn sure someone's race isn't "whatever each person decides it was"....
    pretty damn sure you're not understanding what I mean
    if someone wants to think of Jesus as having been black, that's their prerogative
    if someone wants to think of him as having been white, where's the harm
    if someone wants to think of him as having been Arab, it's their choice
    after all, there's no proof regardless
    in fact it's funny how some of the same people raising the question are people that often deny he even existed

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    pretty damn sure you're not understanding what I mean
    if someone wants to think of Jesus as having been black, that's their prerogative
    if someone wants to think of him as having been white, where's the harm
    if someone wants to think of him as having been Arab, it's their choice
    after all, there's no proof regardless
    in fact it's funny how some of the same people raising the question are people that often deny he even existed
    I understood what you meant and disagree with it.

....but hey, if you want to think the sky is green and grass is purple, be my guest.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I understood what you meant and disagree with it.

....but hey, if you want to think the sky is green and grass is purple, be my guest.
    disagreeing with an opinion doesn't make either opinion correct...they're opinions

so, what race was he and where's your proof of that?

I think the point of the OP is not what race Jesus was but more the fact that white cultures tend to image him as white, complete with blond hair and blue eyes — fully understandable perhaps from a cultural (or in my more cynical days, a marketing) perspective, but maybe there is something slightly less savory about it.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast