Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus' race

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    People care about Jesus' race?
    Only people who don't care who Jesus was.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    disagreeing with an opinion doesn't make either opinion correct...they're opinions

so, what race was he and where's your proof of that?
    I don't know what race he was but there's some options that make more sense than others. Unlike you, I don't use the ambiguity as an opportunity to play make believe.

When it comes down to it, his race doesn't matter.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Only people who don't care who Jesus was.
    Correct. Which is why his race, among his other characteristics, does not really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I think the point of the OP is not what race Jesus was but more the fact that white cultures tend to image him as white, complete with blond hair and blue eyes — fully understandable perhaps from a cultural (or in my more cynical days, a marketing) perspective, but maybe there is something slightly less savory about it.
    the Jesus I grew up with had neither blonde hair nor blue eyes...most depictions have brown hair and brown eyes
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't know what race he was but there's some options that make more sense than others. Unlike you, I don't use the ambiguity as an opportunity to play make believe.

When it comes down to it, his race doesn't matter.
    So you say his race doesn't matter.....after I already said his race doesn't matter......while also saying you don't know what race he was but I'm being ambiguous? You sure like to debate some strange things sometimes, dude.

So you say his race doesn't matter.....after I already said his race doesn't matter......while also saying you don't know what race he was but I'm being ambiguous? You sure like to debate some strange things sometimes, dude.
    Whatever you say, Mr. Defensive.

I said I don't know what race Jesus is because....wait for it....I don't know what race he is (just as is the case with you and every other person on this planet). I'm certainly not the one claiming that Jesus is any ethnicity someone imagines him to be.

So here we are: I answered your stupid question truthfully and factually, you claim that you agree with me, and yet you're still here *****ing and whining for some reason. I don't know what you want or expect but you can **** off with this circular nonsense.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Jesus was an ordinary looking Jew.

What a stupid thread.

I feel like he was Paki. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It provides a wide range of Information Technology services designed for business productivity. From expert installation, outsourcing and implementation to Hosted Solutions. Adequate infosoft

Services- Software development,Web applications, Mobile Applications,Q/A testing,Digital Marketing

Jesus was an ordinary looking Jew.

What a stupid thread.
    Thanks for all your posts.

As I mentioned earlier, I find the question of Jesus’ characteristics (including race) completely uninteresting from a strictly religious persepective but far more interesting from a anthropological perspective. If that does not belong in this forum, so be it — my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Thanks for all your posts.

As I mentioned earlier, I find the question of Jesus’ characteristics (including race) completely uninteresting from a strictly religious persepective but far more interesting from a anthropological perspective. If that does not belong in this forum, so be it — my bad.
    That post wasn’t directed at you.

That post wasn’t directed at you.
    Directly, I know, but as I am one of the principal posters in the thread, there is some implication.

Whatever you say, Mr. Defensive.

I said I don't know what race Jesus is because....wait for it....I don't know what race he is (just as is the case with you and every other person on this planet). I'm certainly not the one claiming that Jesus is any ethnicity someone imagines him to be.

So here we are: I answered your stupid question truthfully and factually, you claim that you agree with me, and yet you're still here *****ing and whining for some reason. I don't know what you want or expect but you can **** off with this circular nonsense.
    omfg pot meet kettle.....I'm not the one who decided to make a big deal out of a guy suggesting people can think his race was whatever they want........dude, you CREATE some of the 'circular nonsense' crap

omfg pot meet kettle.....I'm not the one who decided to make a big deal out of a guy suggesting people can think his race was whatever they want........dude, you CREATE some of the 'circular nonsense' crap
    Lol yeah I made such a big deal out of your false suggestion:

Pretty damn sure someone's race isn't "whatever each person decides it was"....
    Da **** outta here.

You get so defensive it's ridiculous (especially when it comes to anyone you've had a disagreement with recently). Again: I answered your question, you claim we are in agreement, and here you are continuing to ***** and moan. Some lame variation of this seems to happen most every time we engage each other in conversation.

If you can't hang with a simple back and forth, don't bother replying to me.

Lol yeah I made such a big deal out of your false suggestion:

Da **** outta here.

You get so defensive it's ridiculous (especially when it comes to anyone you've had a disagreement with recently). Again: I answered your question, you claim we are in agreement, and here you are continuing to ***** and moan. Some lame variation of this seems to happen most every time we engage each other in conversation.

If you can't hang with a simple back and forth, don't bother replying to me.
    smdh
    When I 'hang' you claim I'm being defensive
    When I let it go, you've questioned why

Let me know when you've made up your mind.

Dude, you have a real tendency to extend a conversation, then give the other guy **** like HE'S the one extending the conversation. This all started simply because you felt the need to question why I'd say people can view him how they choose....just like you and I can view each other as we choose.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast