Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

DJ set to make MLB history

New York Yankees’ DJ LeMahieu on the verge of making history
    By: Andres Chavez

The Yankees’ hitting machine is currently leading not only the American League, but the entire MLB in batting average with a .359 mark. He is set to be the first player to win a batting title in both leagues, having already taken the crown back in 2016 when he played in the old circuit with the Colorado Rockies.

Crazy things need to happen for LeMahieu not to take his first batting crown in the American League. Only Juan Soto (.346) and Freddie Freeman (.343) approach his register in the major leagues, but they both play in the NL. Among his direct AL competition, his closest competitor is Chicago White Sox’s shortstop Tim Anderson, with .328.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...aking-history/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Yankees with another record for the books , awesome

Congrats to DJ the AL batting champ! DJ finishes with a .364 batting average, becoming the first player in the Modern Era (since 1900) to lead both the American League and National League in hitting.

Erik Boland
    @eboland11
    LeMahieu, a free agent after the season: "I want to stay here."
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-27-2020 at 08:49 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Congrats to DJ the AL batting champ! DJ finishes with a .364 batting average, becoming the first player in the Modern Era (since 1900) to lead both the American League and National League in hitting.

Erik Boland
    @eboland11
    LeMahieu, a free agent after the season: "I want to stay here."
    best Yankee related news i've heard in a long time. Now the question is how much and how long

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    best Yankee related news i've heard in a long time. Now the question is how much and how long
    No more than 4 Years

I bet he get 5yr100m, if he wins the MVP he'll get atleast 25m a yr

Give him whatever he wants then lol

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Worth every penny. As he ages , he will still be a very good hitter, unlike Stanton/Judge/Sanchez. He could also slide to First and save his legs in a couple year.

Best player on the Yankees in over a decade

Ignorance is bliss

huge congrats for DJ. One of our best FA signings period