Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Why does everyone just assume that his son is going to make it in the NBA? And my God can you imagine trying to coach a team with LeBron AND his son...ugh.
    Well, fair. MJs sons weren't very good.

Just on the hypothetical he does. Shoot, just the name alone should at least warrant a camp invite, if he goes undrafted.

I could also see LeBron going back to the Cavs a 3rd time, on some like half a year crap like AI did with Philly. Just to finish the narrative where it started. He'll just be this 40+ year old dude, still the best player on their roster, imagine the storylines... And hairlines lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Well, fair. MJs sons weren't very good.

Just on the hypothetical he does. Shoot, just the name alone should at least warrant a camp invite, if he goes undrafted.

I could also see LeBron going back to the Cavs a 3rd time, on some like half a year crap like AI did with Philly. Just to finish the narrative where it started. He'll just be this 40+ year old dude, still the best player on their roster, imagine the storylines... And hairlines lol
    Haha, the hairlines!

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Can Lebron James play at this current level for 3 more years?
    I would say no. But if you had asked me this same question 3 years ago I'd have also said no. So I'm probably going to be wrong again.

My only question is, would Lebron still be playing like this had the season not been paused. He had 4 months off to rest. That rest has helped him tremendously..

They need better ring-chasers to build some depth. DeRozan, Gallinari and Conley would all work, if they're willing to sign on the cheap. Clarkson, Fournier, Joe Harris and Hardaway Jr. all seem gettable.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I would say no. But if you had asked me this same question 3 years ago I'd have also said no. So I'm probably going to be wrong again.
    This is basically my answer. There's no precedent or logic to say he can do it, but lebron just seems to be built different.

The amount of basketball he's played too is just so insane. Outside of last year, he made pretty deep playoff runs, usually to the finals, basically every year. Add in the Olympics and international ball he's played throughout his career and he has a ton of mileage for a 35 year. Hard to see how that won't help lead to his slowdown, but I too would have said the same thing 3 years ago.

Lebron is going to play (at least) until he gets the scoring record. That was going to be roughly 2 years after this year given the pace and assuming he averages 25PPG, now they ended up losing 11 games this year and I dont know if there will be 82 games next year, or the year after, or the year after. Even if its a full 82 games going forward hes still not going to take over #1 until hes into the 22-23 season. I think he will taper off, but I dont think itll be by much.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Its coming, I think he falls off next year

No...

This is the last season we will see him at this level.

Next year storyline will be about GS, Clippers, & Nets as of right now.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    No...

This is the last season we will see him at this level.

Next year storyline will be about GS, Clippers, & Nets as of right now.
    You think Playoff Bron will not exist...next season?

Seems like a stretch. Until I see it not happen, not gonna say it will.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You think Playoff Bron will not exist...next season?

Seems like a stretch. Until I see it not happen, not gonna say it will.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Le-Con will still be a very good player from time to time; but him doing what he does and leading teams to the Final's; I believe this will be the last season of that.

This is his storyline & his moment right now. After this, it will be time for the NBA to turn the page.

Nets vs GS (KD & Curry storyline)
    Kawhi beating GS, while KD & Klay were injured (West storyline)

Out East... Giannis, Miami, Boston; can they beat a KD, thats on a mission...etc

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

No, not at this level. Next year he'll be fine, and maybe the year after that. But that third year is going to be a real mother. Father Time is undefeated. It will start with injuries, the kind that reveal the body can no longer deal with the usual stress and strain of playing the sport. I've seen it happen too many times. And it doesn't matter how many millions you spend on keeping your body in tip-top shape. Every part of our body has an expiration date. The best that LeBron can hope for is to ride the last few years of his career out like Kareem did with Magic. Pick up that 6th ring with another superstar shouldering most of the heavy load. He won't want to. He won't like it. He knows that people will nitpick GOAT status by comparing him against Jordan's late career myths. But if he's smart, he'll encourage the development of the next great superstar and ride out with class and dignity.

Unless they add another star LeBron will shut it down next year when AD gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It depends on what AD can do. Can AD take his game to even another level? Can the Lakers improve the roster to where LeBron can give you 25 minutes of prime LeBron and then 5-7 minutes of just coasting LeBron so then LeBron can rest himself properly? I believe we will see this level of LeBron for at least one more season. After that, I will suspect a change in athleticism that would just force LeBron to be more of a perimeter player rather than attacking the rim. I'd like to see LeBron transition more into the post as that happens so hopefully the Lakers can find a third player who can create for others and also shoot.

Age 38 LeBron still would have more athleticism than Magic Johnson ever had. I can see him being a 20/8/10 player for the rest of his career until he decides to retire. He won't be the best or a top five but in the playoffs, his experience and IQ would give him an advantage that would make him a top five impactful player, still.

Rest assured, LeBron can be a top 10 player in the league until he is 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Le-Con will still be a very good player from time to time; but him doing what he does and leading teams to the Final's; I believe this will be the last season of that.

This is his storyline & his moment right now. After this, it will be time for the NBA to turn the page.

Nets vs GS (KD & Curry storyline)
    Kawhi beating GS, while KD & Klay were injured (West storyline)

Out East... Giannis, Miami, Boston; can they beat a KD, thats on a mission...etc
    So Lebron's level of play is directly proportional to the available story lines in the nba? Why would kawhi vs GS be a bigger story line than defending champ LeBron vs GS?

And beleive it or not, lebron could still play at a high level regardless of how good you think his story line is. Lebron legit could have won the MVP this year. I do think giannis deserved it, but lebron was MVP caliber. To think he can't be top 5 next year is crazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast