Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can Lebron give us 3 more seasons at this level?

Can Lebron James play at this current level for 3 more years?
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

Yes , in the playoffs imo.

Barring health

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

He's 35 now. I can see him taking it easy more in the regular season and still being a beast at 36-38, but we'll see. He's a massive human being so not impossible that he could hit a wall quickly, but I doubt it.
    3 more years seems reasonable before he plays 2nd fiddle to AD or whoever else for a few more years.

Win or lose this year, it is evident that Kuz ainít it for the lakers. Danny green just canít be getting 15Mil a year. And so you gotta make sure that Bronís Laker career and final years of his NBA career doesnít up like Kobeís career with the torn Achilles and then 3 injury plagued years ending with a 60 Pt farewell and no playoffs.

Lakers NEED a 3rd star. They tried to get Kawhi and they failed at that. But Iím saying they need to do everything in their power this offseason to keep Bron and AD and out everyone else up for sale. Get that mini 3rd star to extend Bronís career and allow him to do what he does best and put this franchise in position to competing for titles the next 2-3 more years until he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Win or lose this year, it is evident that Kuz ainít it for the lakers. Danny green just canít be getting 15Mil a year. And so you gotta make sure that Bronís Laker career and final years of his NBA career doesnít up like Kobeís career with the torn Achilles and then 3 injury plagued years ending with a 60 Pt farewell and no playoffs.

Lakers NEED a 3rd star. They tried to get Kawhi and they failed at that. But Iím saying they need to do everything in their power this offseason to keep Bron and AD and out everyone else up for sale. Get that mini 3rd star to extend Bronís career and allow him to do what he does best and put this franchise in position to competing for titles the next 2-3 more years until he retires.
    What an entitled fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What an entitled fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope James Dolan remains the owner of the New York Knicks for the next 200 years.

I don't think the situation is that dire for the Lakers, especially if they win the championship this year. It's basically a 100% certainty that Davis will not be leaving the Lakers this summer, he'll probably sign a 1+1 max deal so his and Lebron's contracts expire together, in the summer of 2021. In fact, the only salary the Lakers are going to have on their books that summer is Luol Deng's $5 million salary stretch, Kuzma's qualifying offer (if he's still on the team), and whoever they pick with their 2020 1st rounder (if they're still on the team). So there is no need to trade anyone, their contracts expire after next season.

That means they will start the 2021-22 season, Lebron's age 37 season, with a clean slate. The only thing Lebron and the Lakers need to worry about is health, but that goes for any team really. The team they have in two years is going to be a lot different than the one they have now. Also, Lebron is going to play past 40, he's already said he wants to and he's talked about playing against his son in the NBA if he makes it into the league (his son is 15 right now).

The Lakers have, and will continue to have, Lebron James and Anthony Davis on the team. That means they are going to be competing for titles for as long as Lebron stays a top player. I think their window is another four or five years. Lebron may not get six rings, but he is going to try to extend his career for as long as he can to give himself longevity. The longer he goes, the more opportunities he has to stack his resume against Michael Jordan's.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 09-27-2020 at 05:57 AM.

The Lakers don't need a third star. AD will be a top 5 level player for another five years. As long as LeBron stays a top 10-15 level player, they will always have a shot at a title. With his basketball IQ, he'll be a 20-10 guy for the rest of his career.

Look at the teams that were left contending for the title this year:

Miami - two top 15 level players
    Nuggets - one top 10 player, one top 15-20 player
    Celtics - one top 15-20 player

If you have two top 15 level players, 3-4 reliable role players, a good coach and good chemistry, you will contend for a title in this league. The Lakers check all these boxes, its just that instead of top 15 players, they have two top 5 players.

Kuzma will be just fine. It's so easy to judge players, but he went from being the 2nd option, starting every game to now having to play off-ball and coming off the bench. He has shown nothing but great attitude, and has visibly improved his off-ball game and his on-ball defense.

He's been indestructible injury wise except last year. Beyond his talent, any player that's on his team or friends with him needs to model his diet, training and health regimen.

It's possible due to just that fact.

Three more years would be indisputably unprecedented. There have been guys who have put up superstar caliber years in their 17th season (e.g., Kobe, Kareem), but I don't think anyone has held it past that point. If LBJ can do it even one more season like this I think that would be incredible. Three more years though would be really tough though, imo. I could see one more year and then maybe a second. There are times when it does seem like LBJ is tiring a bit so that's what gives me pause about saying three more years. I think as others have said, he might start taking it easier in the regular season and then save it up for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes , in the playoffs imo.

Barring health

I think him and Kareem have been the most durable superstars for sure. If he can avoid major injury, I think he'll have a shot

Dude will pull a Brady and play well into his 40's, if he wants. I'm sure he will end up teaming up with his oldest son too.

I wouldíve be surprised if Bron tries to end his career as a Knick and brings that city their first title since 73

I wouldíve be surprised if Bron tries to end his career as a Knick and brings that city their first title since 73
    I think he'll stay with the Lakers until his son is on a team (if he is). Play one year there probably past his prime , then retire.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Dude will pull a Brady and play well into his 40's, if he wants. I'm sure he will end up teaming up with his oldest son too.
    Why does everyone just assume that his son is going to make it in the NBA? And my God can you imagine trying to coach a team with LeBron AND his son...ugh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast