Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Put lebron on your team

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I am ok with the gruchy yes. point is add Lebron to your team. Your answer went around the long way but we arrived at yes. Lakers would have made the playoffs had it not been for injuries. Thats with Walton and old Chandler after letting their second best player walk just saying.
    they would have made the playoffs if LeBron didnít throw all his teammates under the bus. He was back playing 35 mins a night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is a fairly stupid thread concept, so let's invert it. Who might not win the championship, even if they got LeBron? I've got my top-five:

1. Cleveland
    2. New York
    3. Detroit
    4. Chicago
    5. Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    they would have made the playoffs if LeBron didnít throw all his teammates under the bus. He was back playing 35 mins a night

just making playoffs was not the goal. Itís was well known by magic/Rob many of these guys were not gong to be around for to long. Pressure comes with with trying to win and a gm that is trying to accelerate the process with an aged star players. These guys landed in less stressful environment where they donít have to face the win now process. Itís like that in LA with or without Lebron. young Andrew Bynum dealt, Randle, Russell dealt with that to.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-28-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Put lebron on your team

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    just making playoffs was not the goal. Itís was well known by magic/Rob many of these guys were not gong to be around for to long. Pressure comes with with trying to win and a gm that is trying to accelerate the process with an aged star players. These guys landed in less stressful environment where they donít have to face the win now process. Itís like that in LA with or without Lebron. young Andrew Bynum dealt, Randle, Russell dealt with that to.
    the reason they didnít make the playoffs wasnít Injuries. It was LeBronís colluding and back stabbing. I agree it did work out for LeBron and franchiseís current championship aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    This is a fairly stupid thread concept, so let's invert it. Who might not win the championship, even if they got LeBron? I've got my top-five:

1. Cleveland
    2. New York
    3. Detroit
    4. Chicago
    5. Sacramento
    Detroit and Sacramento with Lebron would still be interesting, though. Would Lebron get the best out of a motivated Blake Griffin and a secondary playmaker in Rose? That team wouldn't be all that dissimilar from the roster he had in his second stint in Cleveland, and he'd have shooters around him with Kennard and Snell. If they had Wood back, too, that team would have a pretty solid 6-8 man roster.

And Sacramanto is really intriguing to me because of the shooters on that team. You surround Lebron with guys like Hield, Bogdanovic, Barnes and Bjelica with Fox playing that Wade/Irving secondary playmaker role, and that team would be super fun to watch.

I don't think it's likely that either team wins a ring, necessarily, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Detroit and Sacramento with Lebron would still be interesting, though. Would Lebron get the best out of a motivated Blake Griffin and a secondary playmaker in Rose? That team wouldn't be all that dissimilar from the roster he had in his second stint in Cleveland, and he'd have shooters around him with Kennard and Snell. If they had Wood back, too, that team would have a pretty solid 6-8 man roster.

And Sacramanto is really intriguing to me because of the shooters on that team. You surround Lebron with guys like Hield, Bogdanovic, Barnes and Bjelica with Fox playing that Wade/Irving secondary playmaker role, and that team would be super fun to watch.

I don't think it's likely that either team wins a ring, necessarily, but I wouldn't rule it out either.
    I was tempted to replace Sacramento with Charlotte ó LeBron playing for Jordan's team would be epic, BTW ó but I felt we needed one western conference team in there. LeBron probably would kill it with Hield and Bogdanovic stretching the floor, not to mention probably the fastest player in the league in Fox at point guard, a scoring machine in Bagley and Holmes as the underrated rim runner. But it's Sacramento, and they're cursed.

Think of it this way: Swap LeBron and Jimmy Butler. Lakers become the underdog and Heat become the favorite. People point to LeBron's Finals record of 3-6. True. But that's not what I see. I see a guy who took one of the worst NBA franchises to their first NBA Finals with a broken down roster in which half the players weren't even in the league a few years later. Cleveland was a dump when they still had Kyrie so much so that they qualified to win the #1 pick. LeBron comes to town and instantaneously, the Cleveland Cavailers are in the NBA Finals and would have won if Olynyk didn't snap Love's arm and Kyrie wasn't injured. The next season, they end up winning as they beat a 73-9 Warriors team that smashed records. Curry had arguably the greatest offensive scoring season in NBA history.

Look at what he did with the Lakers. Lavar Ball was the biggest story for the Lakers franchise. Remember when Mitch thought Mosgov and Luol Deng were good signings? That was just three years ago. Again, the possibility of LeBron joining the Lakers instantaneously flipped the switch for the Lakers. They did everything they could to get LeBron. Look at where they are at now. In the NBA Finals. Three games away from being a championship team. It was LeBron who got AD to the Lakers. It was LeBron who could convince Rondo, Dwight, and other knuckleheads on the team to play THEIR role and throw their ego away.

LeBron changes your franchise. He doesn't guarantee you win the title but your franchise almost instantaneously goes through a shift that becomes about winning and competing for titles. That's how I view LeBron. Your franchise could be in the worst situation ever and if you get LeBron, those problems seemingly go away.

The view is nice

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345