Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rose
    Kennard
    James
    Griffin
    Wood

In 2011 the Rose, James, Griffin trio would be nice. in 2020? Not so much. No we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    This topic would be more accurate if it was "replace your team's best player with LeBron".
    That's not true, he's never replaced a teams best player.

On the Heat he got to keep Wade + add Bosh.

On the Cavs he got to keep Kyrie + add Love.

On the Lakers he got to keep Kuzma (??? LOL) + add AD.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he was a first place team.................................. before he and other guys got injured... funny how this is ignored/forgotten troll
    Itís hilarious how you donít mention the he return from injury, there record sucked, and he quit on the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís hilarious how you donít mention the he return from injury, there record sucked, and he quit on the team

Even more hilarious, how you donít mention he was still injured and all the kids actually quit on the team due to trade rumors

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Even more hilarious, how you donít mention he was still injured and all the kids actually quit on the team due to trade rumors
    Who's fault was the rumors? Mr. James.

This thread really gets me to wondering why everybody wants to make AD out to be this incredible, world beating type player. He's the same big *** ***** he's always been who never lead a team anywhere. Couldn't even make the playoffs for God's sake. I'm sure most of the idiots on here would rate AD higher than Malone/Barkley if they end up winning the title. Take Stockton off those Jazz teams and replace him with LeBron....they absolutely dismantle those Bulls teams. Same with Barkley, replace KJ or Thunder Dan with LeBron, same story. But AD has always been massively overrated. Just a stat stuffer on a bad team that makes nobody better. A top 5 player wins, period. AD ain't no top 5 player. I just saw some comparisons to all time greats based on this year's playoffs and I just can't take that seriously. AD hasn't ever been and never will be that guy.

But thatís not what happened.

He returned. Was healthy enough to be playing 35 plus min a night and quit after they couldnít force the AD trade and it was clear the team wasnít going to make the playoffs.

Answer honestly - if the Lakers pull off an AD trade at the deadline does LBJ shut it down?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post

This thread really gets me to wondering why everybody wants to make AD out to be this incredible, world beating type player. He's the same big *** ***** he's always been who never lead a team anywhere. Couldn't even make the playoffs for God's sake. I'm sure most of the idiots on here would rate AD higher than Malone/Barkley if they end up winning the title. Take Stockton off those Jazz teams and replace him with LeBron....they absolutely dismantle those Bulls teams. Same with Barkley, replace KJ or Thunder Dan with LeBron, same story. But AD has always been massively overrated. Just a stat stuffer on a bad team that makes nobody better. A top 5 player wins, period. AD ain't no top 5 player. I just saw some comparisons to all time greats based on this year's playoffs and I just can't take that seriously. AD hasn't ever been and never will be that guy.
    Itís a cult

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    That's not true, he's never replaced a teams best player.

On the Heat he got to keep Wade + add Bosh.

On the Cavs he got to keep Kyrie + add Love.

On the Lakers he got to keep Kuzma (??? LOL) + add AD.
    It doesn't change the fact this still applies to others.

I know I said top 3 before, but I'll extend it to say if you add LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi, Doncic, Davis, healthy Durant to probably 20 of the 30 teams and they instantly become contenders.

I understand Lebron is a more balanced player so he can fit some teams better than say Giannis, but nonetheless it would still be impossible to find a team Giannis doesn't instantly elevate several levels to contender status.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    But thatís not what happened.

He returned. Was healthy enough to be playing 35 plus min a night and quit after they couldnít force the AD trade and it was clear the team wasnít going to make the playoffs.

Answer honestly - if the Lakers pull off an AD trade at the deadline does LBJ shut it down?

I saw the kids give up as soon as trade talk started up. Bron still has a tight growing to this day and he didnít look the same before the injury. Before the injury he had those kids as a 2-3 seed in the west while in reg season coast mode. Common sense tells me that a combination of injury and trade rumors derailed the season, and 9 years out of 10 years of finals appearances confirms it.

It doesn't change the fact this still applies to others.

I know I said top 3 before, but I'll extend it to say if you add LeBron, Giannis, Kawhi, Doncic, Davis, healthy Durant to probably 20 of the 30 teams and they instantly become contenders.

I understand Lebron is a more balanced player so he can fit some teams better than say Giannis, but nonetheless it would still be impossible to find a team Giannis doesn't instantly elevate several levels to contender status.
    I get what your saying, but the difference is Bron is the only guy whoís gone to the finals 9 of 10 years. Heís on his own level period. When he needs to go to that super level, heís the only one that consistently do it. He always seems to put up 35/15/12 when it needs to be done to get the win. Look at KLís game 7 against Denver, 14/6/6 or something...If Bron did that weíd say heís washed, meanwhile KL is in his prime. At there absolute best there is only one Lebron, who seemingly can push any team over the top by just giving you absurd numbers in ever statistical category while also shutting down the other teams best player.

I get what your saying, but the difference is Bron is the only guy whoís gone to the finals 9 of 10 years. Heís on his own level period. When he needs to go to that super level, heís the only one that consistently do it. He always seems to put up 35/15/12 when it needs to be done to get the win. Look at KLís game 7 against Denver, 14/6/6 or something...If Bron did that weíd say heís washed, meanwhile KL is in his prime. At there absolute best there is only one Lebron, who seemingly can push any team over the top by just giving you absurd numbers in ever statistical category while also shutting down the other teams best player.
    By your logic the only reason LeBron has ever not won a title is due to his teammates' fault. We know this to be false in 2011, and several other closeout games.

While I get what you're saying revisionist history is real when it comes to winning. There are people who'd tell you Dirk was a better regular season and playoff performer than Davis and it's just simply false by any reasonable analysis. Davis has never played on a good team outside this year.

hes also playing really small in these playoffs against legit no center to defend him... no gobert/embiid/porz etc... he should be destroying. He is playing really well but lebron is out playing him while AD should be god tier with the lack of defense he is facing... he is pulling a joel and just standing behind the perimeter all game and its annoying

By your logic the only reason LeBron has ever not won a title is due to his teammates' fault. We know this to be false in 2011, and several other closeout games.
    9-10 finals appearances not wins. So no my logic doesnít say that at all.

Furthermore what my logic is saying, is that at his best he is just a lot better than others at there best.

He plays at his best more often than others play at there best

And he can do more with less than anyone else

Which gives him the ability to take more teams to the promise land than any other player by a wide margin
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 09-27-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Luka
    THJ
    Labron
    Kleber
    KP

That lineup absolutely wins a title

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast