Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I mean malls are open, theres just lines at some stores. Lower capacities. Restaurants are open and actually some spots pretty lively, just outside.

It's just not the same tho.

I dont really know what is so different in cali vs missouri.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I mean malls are open, theres just lines at some stores. Lower capacities. Restaurants are open and actually some spots pretty lively, just outside.

It's just not the same tho.

I dont really know what is so different in cali vs missouri.

Bro your living in the greatest violation of civil rights since slavery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I understand not training the 1619 Project since it apparently has a lot of fact and administrative issues, and I'm not sure government employment is the place for anti-racism training. If someone is racist and you fire them, that's pretty effective in having your employees not be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I understand not training the 1619 Project since it apparently has a lot of fact and administrative issues, and I'm not sure government employment is the place for anti-racism training. If someone is racist and you fire them, that's pretty effective in having your employees not be racist.
    I disagree. Theres levels to the stuff. It's not like either someone is a raging racist making public rants about it or they're not. Theres lots of subtle and overt aspects to racism which feed into other things, such as systemic racism.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I disagree. Theres levels to the stuff. It's not like either someone is a raging racist making public rants about it or they're not. Theres lots of subtle and overt aspects to racism which feed into other things, such as systemic racism.
    I understand, but I don't know that it should be required training either. If someone does something bad and they get fired the other employees are going to learn that lesson quickly. And training doesn't create the standards for acceptable behavior. I've worked places where there was a multi-page document on unacceptable behavior and doing any of them means you are fired. The issue usually happens when those rules are not enforced it weakens the rules and encourages bad behavior.

I understand, but I don't know that it should be required training either. If someone does something bad and they get fired the other employees are going to learn that lesson quickly. And training doesn't create the standards for acceptable behavior. I've worked places where there was a multi-page document on unacceptable behavior and doing any of them means you are fired. The issue usually happens when those rules are not enforced it weakens the rules and encourages bad behavior.
    Well, I dont know what is required, I do know Trump BANNED it (whatever that means..) so he is targeting much more than simply what's required.

Racism comes in many degrees. And itís almost never some dude yelling about he hates black people. That stuff has started to come back a bit with Trump but most of it is subconscious racism. And you canít ignore it. People should be alerted to it and shown how to try and avoid it. Itís not just white people that exhibit it either. Just about every race and men and women exhibit sexism. In many cases, the people who are victims of sexism or racism are guilty too in order to try and avoid facing it on themselves.

The liberals who falsely claim that America is as racist as it's always been are crapping on the graves of people like Martin Luther King, Metger Evers, and Rep. John Lewis. Of course there's still racism, but plenty of progress has been made.

I'm sorry if that's a little off topic, but this is the only thread wear that post fits.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The liberals who falsely claim that America is as racist as it's always been are crapping on the graves of people like Martin Luther King, Metger Evers, and Rep. John Lewis. Of course there's still racism, but plenty of progress has been made.

I'm sorry if that's a little off topic, but this is the only thread wear that post fits.
    I'd say this post best fits in the garbage can.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Racism comes in many degrees. And itís almost never some dude yelling about he hates black people. That stuff has started to come back a bit with Trump but most of it is subconscious racism. And you canít ignore it. People should be alerted to it and shown how to try and avoid it. Itís not just white people that exhibit it either. Just about every race and men and women exhibit sexism. In many cases, the people who are victims of sexism or racism are guilty too in order to try and avoid facing it on themselves.
    So there should be policy about it. 2 hours of training a career isn't likely going to root it out.

What if they don't get fired?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What if they don't get fired?
    There should be policy on allowed behavior, if it's not being enforced then a little training isn't going to make a difference. You know, like I said in the post you quoted.

There should be policy on allowed behavior, if it's not being enforced then a little training isn't going to make a difference. You know, like I said in the post you quoted.
    Making policy on allowed behavior and enforcing that policy doesn't stop that behavior from happening completely. Training helps it happen less. Otherwise, no company on earth would ever have training on anything, they'd just enforce policies on whatever they wanted and that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Making policy on allowed behavior and enforcing that policy doesn't stop that behavior from happening completely. Training helps it happen less. Otherwise, no company on earth would ever have training on anything, they'd just enforce policies on whatever they wanted and that would work.
    Okay. I think policy and enforcing it makes a much bigger difference in the culture of a company than a little training.

And companies regularly have training on things they want employees TO DO, there is a lot less training on what they want employees to not do. Safety training as an example is very common but it is directly about saving money. Firing sexists and racists is the best way to save money on sexism and racism lawsuits.

I'm not saying training is totally useless, just that I think it's not the real critical factor.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd say this post best fits in the garbage can.
    the suggestion being we've made no progress since the 60s?
    there's been a lot of progress, it's just that this year has shown us how far we have yet to go
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast