Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Trump Campaign Labeled 3.5 million black Americans as a “Deterrence”

https://www.channel4.com/news/reveal...voting-in-2016

Just another reason to get off social media. It’s sick the amount of info campaigns have on us and how they target us.

It’s that quote from “Social Dilemma” that “If a product is offered for free, then you are the product”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's why I'm highly unlikely to ever watch the movie......I get pissed enough just with the things I alREADY know goes on, I don't need more at this point
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

To read that article without issue, you must click a button that says “Accept and Close”. So it’s clear they don’t care about this any more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    To read that article without issue, you must click a button that says “Accept and Close”. So it’s clear they don’t care about this any more than anyone else.
    That's probably about using cookies. That's a result of a government lawsuit against google that has made pretty much every website have to ask you if it's okay that they use cookies. It does NOT mean they are doing anything shady at all.

is the use of deterrence supposed to be controversial or racist?

since a majority of black voters are likely to not vote for Trump, not surprising Trump campaign wants them to stay home.

One of the categories was named ‘Deterrence’, which was later described publicly by Trump’s chief data scientist as containing people that the campaign “hope don’t show up to vote”.
    unless there is more, this is a label. it's hoping they don't vote, not actually doing anything to prevent them from voting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I used the headline of the article, but the disturbing thing about this is not “Trump” (replace him with any campaign); the disturbing part is how there are data banks of allllll of us, and not just our names and address. They store our likes, dislikes, feelings, etc and campaigns feed us ads that tap into our specific (not collective as society) individual weaknesses to sway our vote.

Anyone who has watched some of the docs on Cambridge Analytica or the Trump campaign knows this. They took Obama’s success on social media campaigning and went full throttle.

They were able to isolate black voters who would not vote for Trump, tapped into their social media ads and injected content that would sway them not to vote. They did the same for people on the fence, etc. And on election night when people where watching the district maps in swing states and commentators said “once Green Bay/Detroit/Philly numbers come in, Hillary will win those states” it never happened. I fault Hillary more. An inspirational campaign of substance can overpower that but she sucks.

And I don’t fault the Trump campaign. They simply tapped into some amazing tools that were available to them and reinvented political campaigning. It’s not just coming up with a catchy ad to place on Facebook; it’s creating personalized ads based on the data we allow social media to take from us.

Again, when a service (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) is being offered for free, then you are the product for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I used the headline of the article, but the disturbing thing about this is not “Trump” (replace him with any campaign); the disturbing part is how there are data banks of allllll of us, and not just our names and address. They store our likes, dislikes, feelings, etc and campaigns feed us ads that tap into our specific (not collective as society) individual weaknesses to sway our vote.

Anyone who has watched some of the docs on Cambridge Analytica or the Trump campaign knows this. They took Obama’s success on social media campaigning and went full throttle.

They were able to isolate black voters who would not vote for Trump, tapped into their social media ads and injected content that would sway them not to vote. They did the same for people on the fence, etc. And on election night when people where watching the district maps in swing states and commentators said “once Green Bay/Detroit/Philly numbers come in, Hillary will win those states” it never happened. I fault Hillary more. An inspirational campaign of substance can overpower that but she sucks.

And I don’t fault the Trump campaign. They simply tapped into some amazing tools that were available to them and reinvented political campaigning. It’s not just coming up with a catchy ad to place on Facebook; it’s creating personalized ads based on the data we allow social media to take from us.

Again, when a service (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) is being offered for free, then you are the product for sale.
    What I find more disturbing that a campaign using social media is the platforms themselves making political decisions.

No idea how to fix any of this though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    is the use of deterrence supposed to be controversial or racist?

since a majority of black voters are likely to not vote for Trump, not surprising Trump campaign wants them to stay home.

unless there is more, this is a label. it's hoping they don't vote, not actually doing anything to prevent them from voting.
    Voter suppression! The Republican way

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    show me what they did.

how is hoping people don't vote, voter suppression?

unless I'm missing something the article provided said, “hope don’t show up to vote”.

this also from the article provided..

But Channel 4 News has uncovered evidence that the campaign did target Black voters with negative ads designed to crush Hillary Clinton’s turnout.

These included videos featuring Hillary Clinton referring to Black youths as “super predators” which aired on television 402 times in October 2016 and received millions of views on Facebook.
    how is the truth voter suppression?

if this is voter suppression then the left is much more guilty of voter suppression when they have ads with what Trump said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    The Democrat way of voter suppression is rampant right now and disgusting too. They are pushing hard to keep Green party candidates off of ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Democrat way of voter suppression is rampant right now and disgusting too. They are pushing hard to keep Green party candidates off of ballots.
    What Abbot is doing in Texas is ****ing disgusting.

What you brought up is not voter suppression but candidate suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Oh my God shut the ***** up already
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    What Abbot is doing in Texas is ****ing disgusting.

What you brought up is not voter suppression but candidate suppression.
    So, if someone plans to vote for those candidates do they get to vote for who they want or is their vote supressed? And PA not being allowed to mail out absentee ballots because of Dem efforts against the Green party sure seems like supression.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Oh my God shut the ***** up already
    What 5 letter word fits there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast