Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Charles Barkley : who black people supposed to call, Ghostbusters?

Chucks been going off on a few topics. From Kenny walking out on them, the Bucks forfeit, defund police. Feel free to move to politics section but any thoughts are welcome. Will the media smear him like they did in the 90s?

Anyone know Shaqs stance, dude is deputized isn't he? What are his thoughts these days.

That line had me cracking up. He's got a point, given the disparity in treatment of white neighborhoods vs black ones, Defunding the police is likely going to result in less funding and police in black neighborhoods, but white neighborhoods will get just as much attention as ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That line had me cracking up. He's got a point, given the disparity in treatment of white neighborhoods vs black ones, Defunding the police is likely going to result in less funding and police in black neighborhoods, but white neighborhoods will get just as much attention as ever before.
    Don't police tend to police high crime areas? I don't see too many cops in rich hoods. Businesses might move out any type of area if cops are neutered too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Don't police tend to police high crime areas? I don't see too many cops in rich hoods. Businesses might move out any type of area if cops are neutered too.
    Police tend to have a more passive presence in affluent neighborhoods and more active presence in poorer ones. The cops are there, but they drive around and just ensure people see the police car to re-affirm them the area is safe. The police in poorer neighborhoods do a lot more stops, searches, suspicious persons surveillance, etc.

he's 100% right

I think la lost a chunk of the sex crime division, i have family in Texas, i think it was Austin where they put up signs warning people to enter at their own risk, cops defunded.

Charles Barkley : who black people supposed to call, Ghostbusters?

I agree with Chuck. I also think the cops pulling a sneak attack at 4 in the morning to raid a non criminal is insanely reckless and what lead to this young ladyís death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-25-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree with Chuck. I also think the cops pulling a sneak attack at 4 in the morning to raid a non criminal is insanely reckless and what lead to this young ladyís death
    Agreed. I don't blame the cops who busted down the door (though they were not perfect in their handling), I blame the system that allows raids like this for small drug busts. The system needs to change.

I think la lost a chunk of the sex crime division, i have family in Texas, i think it was Austin where they put up signs warning people to enter at their own risk, cops defunded.
    Austin is a happy place. If youve ever been youd think youve landed in hippy town.. its the capital of texas but completely different from any oyher texan city. Its like youre in a califorinia hippy compound lol

Agreed. I don't blame the cops who busted down the door (though they were not perfect in their handling), I blame the system that allows raids like this for small drug busts. The system needs to change.
    There are 10.7 million prisoners in the entire world. 2.3 million of them are in the states alone. Several million more on parole or probation. Thats mass incarceration, the "justice system" is just feeding the Industrial prison system.

https://theihs.org/blog/chris-surpre...0aAs2oEALw_wcB
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-26-2020 at 08:52 AM.

There's a really useful documentary "The New York Times Presents The Killing of Breonna Taylor" that will help you understand why a good share of blame falls on police who busted in. It's only 1 hr and is on Hulu and YouTube TV if you subscribe.

The entire situation was fumbled. No body cams on and a history of refusal amongst the narcotics division to use body cams. They did not announce themselves as police as reported by multiple neighbors including 911 recordings that show neighbors thought it was a non police involved shootout. The distance from the bedroom to the front door would have made it somewhat difficult to hear anything that was said. The reasoning listed on the warrant was false. They failed to list that she was a non violent person. They were lazy (lied?) and said the front door was a security type door that required forceful entry. They listed Breonna Taylor's injuries as "none" on an essentially blank police report released 3 months later. The documentary is very thorough and I felt showed just a bit of the police's side of things to make it as unbiased as possible even though they're tight-lipped on discussing it.

Maybe someone should talk to the criminals to stop all their criminal activities. Then the police wouldnt be needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    Maybe someone should talk to the criminals to stop all their criminal activities. Then the police wouldnt be needed at all.
    Life is not that simple.

There are people forced into gangs. There's real oppression that's a major driving force. There's people who grew up in the foster system or with absent parents with no support, guidance, proper education trying to make it as an adult. It's not an excuse just reality.

Crime will always exist. The police and justice system is not only to keep law-abiding citizens safe, but also to rehabilitate. It's currently failing on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Life is not that simple.

There are people forced into gangs. There's real oppression that's a major driving force. There's people who grew up in the foster system or with absent parents with no support, guidance, proper education trying to make it as an adult. It's not an excuse just reality.

Crime will always exist. The police and justice system is not only to keep law-abiding citizens safe, but also to rehabilitate. It's currently failing on both ends.
    Yes thank you

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Chucks been going off on a few topics. From Kenny walking out on them, the Bucks forfeit, defund police. Feel free to move to politics section but any thoughts are welcome. Will the media smear him like they did in the 90s?
    Anyone know Shaqs stance, dude is deputized isn't he? What are his thoughts these days.
    Shaq's a Muslim and has endorsed Barack Obama and other Democratic candidates in the past. But he seems to be mostly about selling things and not saying anything controversial that could mess with his money. He's invested in restaurants, gyms, car washes and branded products with cruise ships and Papa John's, which he's on the governing board of:

OíNeal says his success is at least in part due to being smart with social media. He says he sticks to a format that he invented, which is ď60% to make you laugh, 30% to inspire you and 10% to tell you what Iím selling.Ē
    ďI donít speak out and I donít disrespect people,Ē OíNeal tells CNBC Make It. ďIf I ever disrespect a person, itís going to be a basketball player, and Iím only doing it for fun. Itís not what my parents raised me to do,Ē he says.
    - Jade Scipioni, CNBC Make It
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 09-26-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast