Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shaq is a Muslim? I did not know that.

I do agree 100%. And defunding is not the answer.

charles also had legit thoughts on the brianna killing... he got destroyed for it but was correct.

Charles Barkley : who black people supposed to call, Ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    charles also had legit thoughts on the brianna killing... he got destroyed for it but was correct.
    Agreed. These days itís tough to have a different opinion than the politically accepted majority
    Last edited by KG2TB; 09-26-2020 at 06:35 PM.

If you have the same opinion as Donald Trump, you're wrong lol. Almost across the board.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Seems to me like everyone wants some sort of policing. Even the strictest supporters of abolishing police want some sort of community based ďreplacementĒ.

I feel like in the end everyone wants the same thing - a group of qualified and capable people who you can call to assist with dangerous predicaments that you trust will handle things appropriately and in good faith, with respect for everyone involved.

Correct me if Iím wrong, but I donít think anyone on any ideology doesnít want that. Itís just a matter of how do we get from where we are to that. People have differing views on that for sure.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Charles Barkley : who black people supposed to call, Ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Seems to me like everyone wants some sort of policing. Even the strictest supporters of abolishing police want some sort of community based ďreplacementĒ.

I feel like in the end everyone wants the same thing - a group of qualified and capable people who you can call to assist with dangerous predicaments that you trust will handle things appropriately and in good faith, with respect for everyone involved.

Correct me if Iím wrong, but I donít think anyone on any ideology doesnít want that. Itís just a matter of how do we get from where we are to that. People have differing views on that for sure.
    I agree but a lot of people want to identity as being part of the ďsmart groupĒ and make fun of the sheep and it gets in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-26-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

I dislike the term defund the police because people misinterpret it just as much as black lives matter.

Defunding is about putting resources in place that drastically change the criminal justice system. Instead of higher salaries and millions allocated for the inevitable lawsuits it's better training, better dispatchers who accurately describe all details, stricter psychological exams, more body cams, less police patrols and more community resource officers deployed for non-violent situations. A non-violent trespass call doesn't need to turn into a several thousand dollar lawsuit if the defunding system works properly.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I dislike the term defund the police because people misinterpret it just as much as black lives matter.

Defunding is about putting resources in place that drastically change the criminal justice system. Instead of higher salaries and millions allocated for the inevitable lawsuits it's better training, better dispatchers who accurately describe all details, stricter psychological exams, more body cams, less police patrols and more community resource officers deployed for non-violent situations. A non-violent trespass call doesn't need to turn into a several thousand dollar lawsuit if the defunding system works properly.
    I agree. It should be something like, restructuring community safety budgets.

I posted in another thread what's going on in Denver. They have a team that goes out more for mental health calls. A paramedic and mental health worker usually go. 350 calls, haven't needed to involve the police in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    If you have the same opinion as Donald Trump, you're wrong lol. Almost across the board.

Opinions arenít right or wrong. They are just opinions..

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Opinions arenít right or wrong. They are just opinions..
    By definition, yes. But all opinions are not created equal.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Case and point for the previous post.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    There are 10.7 million prisoners in the entire world. 2.3 million of them are in the states alone. Several million more on parole or probation. Thats mass incarceration, the "justice system" is just feeding the Industrial prison system.

https://theihs.org/blog/chris-surpre...0aAs2oEALw_wcB
    We can thank Bill Clinton for his 3x law... A ton of drug offenders have been locked up at an exponential rate since his dumb a-- signed that bill into law. But hey, he put a cigar in Monica and he's cool af right... "first Black president"... F--- that dude.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Here's what people don't understand: If you think the problem with racism is that a white racist is out on the streets waiting to kill a black person, you're falling for the media narrative. The biggest problem facing the black community is single-parent households and other blacks committing crime in black neighborhoods. A black child growing up with both of their parents in the same household is more privileged than a white child growing up with a single parent.

Police officers patrol areas based on local tax dollars, crime, population, etc., If you want police officers out of high crime neighborhoods, which tend to usually be a higher proportion of black neighborhoods, then you're just asking for more criminal activity and you will put the lives of INNOCENT people in those neighborhoods in danger.

Let's face it: We all agree there is room for improvement in how police officers act. But that's true for any industry or occupation in life. The president, politicians, teachers, scientists, etc., can all improve. So saying police reform is pointless. No one is denying that. Police officers have to be better at de-escalating, dashcams need to be nationwide, and police unions need to stop protecting officers who do a poor job.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    We can thank Bill Clinton for his 3x law... A ton of drug offenders have been locked up at an exponential rate since his dumb a-- signed that bill into law. But hey, he put a cigar in Monica and he's cool af right... "first Black president"... F--- that dude.
    Most of the harsh crime laws out there were written by Clinton and Biden, mister "I don't want my kids growing up in a racial jungle"...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast