Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    That's 4 years down the road to worry about. Meanwh, the reason why you want Torres out in the first place is because he's not hitting the way you like. Well, guess what, Lindor hits .257 with RISP. That's lifetime. He's a choke artist when guys are on base. After one season of him failing to drive in runs when you need him to you'll be crying over the 13 year contract the yankees gave him, and asking why they traded for him in the first place. Rinse and repeat. Time to move onto the next player to complain about.

So you imagine that someone like Frazier can replace the 4th best hitter in wRC+? I predict a successful career for frazier, but he'll be here, regardless of whether Judge is or not. You're not replacing Judge, you're simply moving a another every day player we already have, into his position.
    I never said much about his hitting , it was his defense that I was complaining about . He is in the majors for about 3 years now and he still has is having problems with the fundamentals of defensive plays . That is not good at all. And as for judge , he is going to be over 30 when he is a free agent, do you really want to extend a player tgee wast is over 30 years old , who can’t stay healthy in his 20s ? I mean buck showalzer himself said this team could win a ws without judge and I agree with him .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-26-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Anyone think with a big game tomorrow and winning the batting title, DJ still has a shot at MVP? Anyone else know Gio is 3rd among our position players in WAR with 1.8

IMO if were going to win this yr Judge is going to have to have a big playoffs. Maybe next yr if they could get the rotation fixed and healthy, they could win a WS without Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If Toronto wins tomorrow and the Yankees lose , the yanks face Tampa in that first round .
    i expect the yanks to win tomorrow unless boone rests his players that would be dumb...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i expect the yanks to win tomorrow unless boone rests his players that would be dumb...
    Only way they lose is if the pitching gets hit badly

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I never said much about his hitting , it was his defense that I was complaining about . He is in the majors for about 3 years now and he still has is having problems with the fundamentals of defensive plays . That is not good at all. And as for judge , he is going to be over 30 when he is a free agent, do you really want to extend a player tgee wast is over 30 years old , who can’t stay healthy in his 20s ? I mean buck showalzer himself said this team could win a ws without judge and I agree with him .
    Ok, find another 23 year old SS, who has perfect defense and can bat .278 with 38 home runs, because you're too impatient to wait on torres to become more consistent.

It looks like Bauer likely locked up the NL Cy Young yesterday and is a FA this winter. He's going to be 30 to start the yr and has a 3,89 career ERA. Bauer has said repeatedly that he only want to sign 1yr deals going forward as a FA. I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign a long term deal likely coming off a CY Young but let's take him at his word

In a market that is supposed to be severely stunted because of all the lost revenue, what 1yr of Bauer worth. With close to 100m coming off the books, most analysts believe we will be heavily involved in the FA pitching market. but would Hal ok adding another big contract to the books?

If he and Cole could get over their issues, would u offer Bauer 1yr 30-33m? Would that be enough to land him or do u guys think the Yanks stay away all together
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-27-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Well he has lot's of company:

Errors Committed
    1. Devers • BOS 14
    2. Solano • SFG 11
    3. Adames • TBR 9
    Turner • WSN 9
    Anderson • MIA 9
    Story • COL 9
    McMahon • COL 9
    Torres • NYY 9

He's still young and adapting. I am disappointed as well. Let's give him a chance.

Ok, now put those errors with a 162 game season and he would have 40-50 errors. That is minor league territory after that Dr. He needs to go back to 2b.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

2021 rotation

1. Cole
    2. Bauer
    3. Tanaka
    4. Monty
    5. Garcia

Send Sevy shipping!

And send the wife beater shipping as well, no need for that. Cashman needs to make the example with his *** that those things will not be tolerated if you are a Yankee.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It looks like Bauer likely locked up the NL Cy Young yesterday and is a FA this winter. He's going to be 30 to start the yr and has a 3,89 career ERA. Bauer has said repeatedly that he only want to sign 1yr deals going forward as a FA. I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign a long term deal likely coming off a CY Young but let's take him at his word

In a market that is supposed to be severely stunted because of all the lost revenue, what 1yr of Bauer worth. With close to 100m coming off the books, most analysts believe we will be heavily involved in the FA pitching market. but would Hal ok adding another big contract to the books?

If he and Cole could get over their issues, would u offer Bauer 1yr 30-33m? Would that be enough to land him or do u guys think the Yanks stay away all together

We have to block Boston. They are just laying low and look like a snake in the grass ready to strike.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Ok, find another 23 year old SS, who has perfect defense and can bat .278 with 38 home runs, because you're too impatient to wait on torres to become more consistent.

If think he can have a better career than Jeter with his actual numbers as along as he doesn’t get too big and stays in shape as he is now.

Let’s compare their numbers wit the exact amount of games played with Torres.

Go check it out in Baseball Reference with Jeter and Torres with the same number of games played. Torres destroys Jeter!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-27-2020 at 08:29 AM.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    IMO if were going to win this yr Judge is going to have to have a big playoffs. Maybe next yr if they could get the rotation fixed and healthy, they could win a WS without Judge.
    Judge will have to get into a zone for us to get very far, if anywhere.

I think he get going.

I think Stanton will hit a few HR when games are out of hand or in the first couple innings when there's no pressure. lol

It's honestly the best thing that could happen. Stanton gets hot in his typical, stat bumping but meaningless to the game style, gets an inflated ego, thinks he's worth more than he's being paid and he opts out.

Ignorance is bliss

How can you even say the batting title is legit with just 60 games?

All awards should be shoved to the side for 2020.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Rest for what? First didn’t even play 162 and then there is no game on Monday.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Ok, now put those errors with a 162 game season and he would have 40-50 errors. That is minor league territory after that Dr. He needs to go back to 2b.
    The point Nick, he's not alone. I believe Yankees should have patience, give him some time. He's young and learning. He's shown he's a diligent student. He works hard. Let's give him a chance.

I am also disappointed in his performance. Remember some great SS had rough rookie years. Ripkins first full season he had 25, followed by consecutive years of 26. The wizaed of Oz, had 25 his rookie year followed by 20 and 25. Jete's first full season he had 22, followed by 18.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-27-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast