Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Last 5 games (1-4) the Yankees have made 10 errors.

And hit 0 home runs. Not a recipe for success. Not the way you head into the postseason.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

And hit 0 home runs. Not a recipe for success. Not the way you head into the postseason.
    Shouldn’t need home runs to have to score enough runs to win though.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'm loosing more and more confidence with Torres at SS, he's definitely better off at 2nd defensively
    Many players gleybers age, are still in AA. He will improve, but only with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Many players gleybers age, are still in AA. He will improve, but only with time.
    Doesn’t excuse his defense getting worse from last season

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks have to fundamentally change the lineup for next season..team depends to much on the long ball.. no long ball the team struggles to score runs..
    Eh? And which players do you suggest they replace in order to make this fundamental change?

Eh? And which players do you suggest they replace in order to make this fundamental change?
    Sanchez , judge , hicks , and maybe even Torres . It’s clearly not working with them

Aaron Judge complained about the playoff bubble. The way this team is playing, I guess the bubble won't be a problem. Seriously, this team is really hard to watch some nights. I don't see how we get past any of the teams we will play in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Aaron Judge complained about the playoff bubble. The way this team is playing, I guess the bubble won't be a problem. Seriously, this team is really hard to watch some nights. I don't see how we get past any of the teams we will play in the first round.
    Judge should be the last one to complain , he is the one who opened his big mouth saying they are the best team and all just last week . Getting tired of his big mouth .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Sanchez , judge , hicks , and maybe even Torres . It’s clearly not working with them
    I don't have an issue with getting rid of Sanchez, and I'd have more confidence in trading hicks if Talkman wasn't hitting so poorly, but who do you get to replace judge and torres? Judge has a wRC+ of 151 since 2017, making him the 4th best hitter in the majors and the 6th best WAR since that time as well. Torres has the ability to hit 35-40 home runs from the SS position, a lifetime .316 BA with RISP and makes the league minimum. You're telling you can find players right now to replace those 2, value for value? I can't wait for 2021!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    they deserve to lose this game
    And now they get to play every Wild Card game on the road. Boone and Cashman should be fired for this 2020 debacle. They won’t touch Bieber and Plesac. Those two will carve up the Yankees lineup with ease. Cole will match but I have no faith in ever getting a lead with this bunch. 2 game sweep by the Tribe folks. After winning 10 straight they went back to playing during their 9-17 stretch.

After their 8-2 start and 10 game winning streak this team is just a 14-24 team. That is 38 of their games so that is the real Yankees folks. Even crummy teams in a 162 game season have hot streaks. And that is all we had for a short time.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-26-2020 at 06:08 AM.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post

Agree!

I don’t know how this team can even win a game vs Cleveland’s starters. I predict a 2 game sweep by the Tribe.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Not worried long term as I believe he shifts back to 2b. He will have a Jeter type career with Yankee numbers but with more power. The kid has that Yankee look.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

Yes, and then add to the fact that they will face Bieber and Plesac in Cleveland.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-26-2020 at 07:40 AM.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

No luck. I wanted to see a Yankees/Rays playoff series for the first time ever and if they both win that would happen for the 5 game Division Series but I just see how this team can beat Cleveland. These are not the dynasty Yankee teams that went 2-15 down the stretch in Sept and then won the WS when they flipped the switch in Oct.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Glad to see Mattingly and Jeter do well. And they are a true 6th seed playoff team not the extra crap. And that idiot dan lebatard or whatever his name needs to apologize to Jeter for his dumb comments when Jeter started to clean house. That clown better not even mention the Marlins now.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-26-2020 at 07:45 AM.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast