Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Nice start by Schmidt, 4 seam was up to 97. More importantly he looks like he's keeping that front shoulder in and not flying open so far

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    That why i'd love for us to have Brantley and Lindor, High Avg, lots of hard contact and doesn't live or die with the HR
    Yep. You may recall not too long ago we had this discussion with clown, Johnnyi, you and others. Here's my current perspective. You will live and die with the long ball. However, unless you have 8 DJ's going 3-4 every game small ball is easier said than done. The point: You need to string 4 or 5 hits together not easy. Boone said it in a post game interview I believe. While it's nice to talk about, execution ain't easy. With power hitters you are never out of the game. Yankees current roster just has one too many swing and miss guys, otherwise long ball works for me.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep. You may recall not too long ago we had this discussion with clown, Johnnyi, you and others. Here's my current perspective. You will live and die with the long ball. However, unless you have 8 DJ's going 3-4 every game small ball is easier said than done. The point: You need to string 4 or 5 hits together not easy. Boone said it in a post game interview I believe. While it's nice to talk about, execution ain't easy. With power hitters you are never out of the game. Yankees current roster just has one too many swing and miss guys, otherwise long ball works for me.

I have always been fine with having big hr hitters in the team but not more than 3 should be needed to make an offense really good . This team has like 5 guys in the line up that are hr or nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I have always been fine with having big hr hitters in the team but not more than 3 should be needed to make an offense really good . This team has like 5 guys in the line up that are hr or nothing .
    yanks trailng in a game they need to win...of yeah gary a pass ball..he cannot catch in the playoffs..

Nice start by Schmidt, 4 seam was up to 97. More importantly he looks like he's keeping that front shoulder in and not flying open so far
    second bad inning he not a major league starter..

yanks should have started cole today they need to win this game...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    second bad inning he not a major league starter..
    you know that after 2 innings in his 1st MLB start ever? you must have a hell of a record when it comes to picking starting pitchers

you know that after 2 innings in his 1st MLB start ever? you must have a hell of a record when it comes to picking starting pitchers
    that why it was nonsense the talk of if he pitched a good game today he might be on the post season roster..

Schmidt sucks and should be left off the post season roster . Not doing the yanks any favors in regards to his trade value for this off season

yanks could lose this game and face tampa in first round if that happens what a embarrassment to lose 2 out of 3 at home in a game the yanks needed..

yanks should have started cole today they need to win this game...
    This game isn’t a must win, they are starting the playoffs on the road regardless of how they did today anyway

yanks could lose this game and face tampa in first round if that happens what a embarrassment to lose 2 out of 3 at home in a game the yanks needed..
    This team has been an embarrassment for most of this season, what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    This game isn’t a must win, they are starting the playoffs regardless of how they did today anyway
    i think it is a must win the yanks need some of the big bats to get going judge and stanton more games in the post season vs the whitesox can only help..before they face tampa..

i think it is a must win the yank need some of the big bats to get going judge and stanton more games in the post season vs the whitesox can only help..before they face tampa..
    That is why I was against those days off that they gave Stanton and judge . How can they get into any kind of routine or groove for the playoffs?

when you had leg injuries getting a day off between games was the prudent thing to do..

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast