Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep. You may recall not too long ago we had this discussion with clown, Johnnyi, you and others. Here's my current perspective. You will live and die with the long ball. However, unless you have 8 DJ's going 3-4 every game small ball is easier said than done. The point: You need to string 4 or 5 hits together not easy. Boone said it in a post game interview I believe. While it's nice to talk about, execution ain't easy. With power hitters you are never out of the game. Yankees current roster just has one too many swing and miss guys, otherwise long ball works for me.
    I agree with u 100% to me though guys like Judge, Voit and Torres aren't all or nothing hitters, Sanchez and Stanton seem to be our 2 biggest K problems. I do think Fraziers bat in this lineup helps as well, makes alot of contact, high avg, Ect

I was also hoping Miggy would have returned to his 18 form. If everyone is healthy and hitting well i'd like to see Andujar,18 version, at DH instead of Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks trailng in a game they need to win...of yeah gary a pass ball..he cannot catch in the playoffs..
    I said last week that Sanchez should not be the starting catcher in the playoffs .

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree with u 100% to me though guys like Judge, Voit and Torres aren't all or nothing hitters, Sanchez and Stanton seem to be our 2 biggest K problems. I do think Fraziers bat in this lineup helps as well, makes alot of contact, high avg, Ect

I was also hoping Miggy would have returned to his 18 form. If everyone is healthy and hitting well i'd like to see Andujar,18 version, at DH instead of Stanton
    Judge is a K problem too , in the 3 seasons he stayed mostly healthy he averaged over 150ks a season . That is not good

we are stuck with stanton .. voit 53 k's 210 at bats very high k rate.. i knew voit would not ger a productive out in first inning man on 2 and third one out.. and he struck out voit not a guy you want at the plate when you need a hit.. in the clutch..

if i am the yanks move gleyber back to 2 play dj at first get a ss trade voit or stanton...if that is possible..

if i am the yanks move gleyber back to 2 play dj at first get a ss trade voit or stanton...if that is possible..
    I would not trade voit , I would keep dj at second , trade torres and get lindor . Voit is one of the few guys in this lineup that mostly hit for contact

Sanchez dp, useless

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Sanchez dp, useless
    gary is a low energy unmotivated player that passball in the first if only gary made the effort to get out of his crouch to catch the ball he did not even try...

gary is a low energy unmotivated player that passball in the first if only gary made the effort to get out of his crouch to catch the ball he did not even try...
    He needs to be traded this off season . There is no excuse for him to be the starting catcher anymore

if the yanks lose and the bluejays win the bluejays get the higher seed over the yanks not on head to head each team won 5 games but on wins vs division opponents in the last 20 games ..jays would be 12-8 yanks would be 11-9..that is the third tiebreaker i forgot what the second one was..

if the yanks lose and the bluejays win the bluejays get the higher seed over the yanks not on head to head each team won 5 games but on wins vs division opponents in the last 20 games ..jays would be 12-8 yanks would be 11-9..
    Hmm I seem to recall saying those ten games vs the jays would not only decide if they made the playoffs but their playoff position. Looks like I could be right .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-27-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Hmm I seem to recall saying those ten games vs the jays would not only decide if they made the playoffs but their playoff position. Looks like I was right .
    um no yanks losing 2 out of 3 to miami at home cost the yanks the 5th seed..if the yanks do not come back and win this game..

um no yanks losing 2 out of 3 to miami at home cost the yanks the 5th seed..if the yanks do not come back and win this game..
    But if they won just one more game vs the jays and went 6-4 , these last 3 games mean nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

I agree Judge and Torres are not all or nothin, although they do K too often. Imo they are contact guys who happen to have power. If they barrel up the ball it goes a long way. Judge is becoming one of the most feared hitters in the AL. Voit has power as well just less contact and too many K's imo. Frazier could be an important link in the lineup come postseason. He adds a dimension, again too many K's.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree Judge and Torres are not all or nothin, although they do K too often. Imo they are contact guys who happen to have power. If they barrel up the ball it goes a long way. Judge is becoming one of the most feared hitters in the AL. Voit has power as well just less contact and too many K's imo. Frazier could be an important link in the lineup come postseason. He adds a dimension, again too many K's.

I can’t totally agree on judge being a mostly contact hitter , maybe a healthy seasoned from judge could change my mind

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast