Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Not so sure about that. If the Jays win and the Indians lose, Yankees would still be ahead nof the Indians. The Indians would play the Rays. I THINK!!!! It's a very confusing setup as far as I'm concerned.
    Yankees are one game behind the Indians right now .

LOL!!! Urshela played for the BlueJays in 2018.
    Wrong in august 2018 he was traded to the Yankees for cash considerations .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gio_Urshela

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    That just tells us how soft these managers are on these players with this soft generation of players thst couldn’t handle playing in the 1970s or 1980s.

What would Billy do with Torres?

He’d bench his ***!
    Nicky the part of my post you missed due to my edit:

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The point Nick, he's not alone. I believe Yankees should have patience, give him some time. He's young and learning. He's shown he's a diligent student. He works hard. Let's give him a chance.

I am also disappointed in his performance. Remember some great SS had rough rookie years. Ripkins first full season he had 25, followed by consecutive years of 26. The wizaed of Oz, had 25 his rookie year followed by 20 and 25. Jete's first full season he had 22, followed by 18.
    Torres bat is special. His glove needs time to mature imo. Give him some time. even the all time greats had a rough rookie season(s) If the Yankees get Lindor (unlikely imo) different scenario. A game changer.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nicky the part of my post you missed due to my edit:

Torres bat is special. His glove needs time to mature imo. Give him some time. even the all time greats had a rough rookie season(s) If the Yankees get Lindor (unlikely imo) different scenario. A game changer.
    This season was not his rookie season at Ss. He played more than 70 games last season at ss
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-27-2020 at 12:21 PM.

It doesn't look like the Indians in any way.
    I don't think so:

This is taken from mlb.com

HERE'S A LOOK AT SEEDING SCENARIOS:

In the AL, the eight teams are set but only two (TB and HOU) have clinched seeds:

1 = TB

2/3 = MIN, CWS or OAK

4 = MIN, CWS or CLE

5 = NYY or TOR

6 = HOU

7 = CWS or CLE

8 = NYY or TOR

In the NL, only 6 teams have clinched but the top four have clinched seeds:

1 = LAD

2 = ATL

3 = CHC

4 = SD

5/6 = STL, CIN or MIA

7/8 = STL, CIN, MIL, SF or PHI

Yankees (33-26, .559)
    Yesterday’s result: Won 11-4 vs. Marlins
    Where they stand: The Yankees are one game ahead of the Blue Jays for the division’s No. 2 playoff berth and hold the AL's fifth seed.
    Key tiebreakers: The Yankees and Blue Jays split the season series, 5-5. The Yankees currently hold the tiebreaker with a better record vs. the AL East (23-17 to Toronto's 22-17, though the Blue Jays have one games vs. Orioles remaining). The third tiebreaker is record vs. division opponents over the last 20 games. With a win today to pull even, the Jays would be 12-8 in their last 20 AL East games, giving them the tiebreaker over the Yankees (11-9).

White Sox (35-24, .593)
    Yesterday’s result: Won 9-5 vs. Cubs
    Where they stand: The White Sox are one game ahead of the Indians for the second guaranteed playoff spot in the AL Central, and one game behind the Twins for first place in the division. They currently hold the fourth seed in the AL.
    Key tiebreakers: The White Sox hold the tiebreaker over the Twins -- they split their season series, 5-5, but Chicago has the better intradivision record (25-15 vs. AL Central, while Minnesota is 23-17). But if the Sox tie with the Indians, Cleveland holds the tiebreaker (8-2 head-to-head against Chicago).
    Today’s schedule: vs. CHC, 3:10 p.m. ET

--

Indians (34-25, .576)
    Yesterday’s result: Lost 8-0 vs. Pirates
    Where they stand: The Indians are one game behind the White Sox for the second guaranteed playoff spot in the AL Central. They currently hold the seventh seed in the AL.
    Key tiebreakers: Cleveland went 8-2 vs. the White Sox, giving the Tribe the tiebreaker.
    So basically if the Yankees win today and secure their #5 spot and meanwhile the White Sox lose while the Indians win. You will then have an Indians vs. Yankees in the WC series.
    Last edited by ShinobiNYC; 09-27-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    I don't think so:

This is taken from mlb.com

So basically if the Yankees win today and secure their #5 spot and meanwhile the White Sox lose while the Indians win. You will then have an Indians vs. Yankees in the WC series.
    In other words yanks are going to either Chicago , Cleveland or Tampa for the first round

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yankees are one game behind the Indians right now .

The Indians are in the 7th spot. The Yankees are in the 5th spot. 5 is ahead of 7. Thanks for playing though.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Wrong in august 2018 he was traded to the Yankees for cash considerations .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gio_Urshela

Urshela played ZERO games for the Yankees in 2018. That's ZERO as in NONE!!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

The Indians are in the 7th spot. The Yankees are in the 5th spot. 5 is ahead of 7. Thanks for playing though.
    Never disputed what spots they were in . Just pointed out that the yanks are behind Cleveland by 1 game and that could matter if the yanks lose today

Urshela played ZERO games for the Yankees in 2018. That's ZERO as in NONE!!!!
    Correct. The sequence of events:

July 2, 2008: Signed by the Cleveland Indians as an amateur free agent.

May 9, 2018: Traded by the Cleveland Indians to the Toronto Blue Jays for player to be named or cash.

August 4, 2018: Purchased by the New York Yankees from the Toronto Blue Jays.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Gio having himself another sold season. He's hitting over .300 again, is driving in runs and is 3rd on the Yanks in War
    I think that 1 huge positive we can take from this season is both Gio and Voit have proven to legit MLB players. Pretty hard to say SSS over 2 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Gio having himself another sold season. He's hitting over .300 again, is driving in runs and is 3rd on the Yanks in War
    I think that 1 huge positive we can take from this season is both Gio and Voit have proven to legit MLB players. Pretty hard to say SSS over 2 seasons
    Yep, both relative cast offs by former clubs have found success in NY. Go figure. Usually players have a tendency to melt under NY media scrutiny.

Whats really funny is our top 3 players WAR wise this yr are DJ, Voit and Gio were meant to be backups for the most part coming into last season

The three guys that tend to hit more often for contact , go figure

The three guys that tend to hit more often for contact , go figure
    That why i'd love for us to have Brantley and Lindor, High Avg, lots of hard contact and doesn't live or die with the HR

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast