Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Marlins @ Yankees season final series.

The Miami Marlins will try to lock up a spot in the postseason as they travel to Yankee Stadium for an interleague series battle versus the New York Yankees.

The Marlins have been one of the biggest surprises in baseball this season. Miami enters its final series of the regular season seated in second place in the National League East race. With just four games left on the schedule, the Marlins have the inside track on the Philadelphia Phillies, who sit just a half-game back in the division standings. Miami holds the tiebreaker over the Phillies by virtue of a better head-to-head record.

Can the Marlins keep pace in the NL playoff race with a win on the road against the Bronx Bombers on Friday night?

New York will return home for its final series of the season and that’s probably a good thing considering how poorly they’ve played away from Yankee Stadium this year. The Yankees are 21-7 at home but just 11-18 on the road, which is going to be a concern heading into the postseason. If the season ended today, New York would not have home-field advantage in the Wild Card round.

Veteran lefty J.A. Happ will toe the rubber for the Yankees as they get set to open their final series of the regular season. Happ has rounded into postseason form over the past month-plus of the regular season. The 26-year-old is 2-2 with a 3.25 ERA but he’s turned things up a notch over his last six starts. During that span, he’s held opponents to a 1.93 ERA while pitching into the sixth inning or later four times. Happ will take the mound on Friday fresh off his best start of the season against the Boston Red Sox. He tossed eight scoreless frames of four-hit ball with nine strikeouts and no walks to come away with the win.

Marlins
    @
    Yankees

(29-28)
    Fri, Sep 25 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: FS-F, YES

(32-25)

Sandy Alcantara
    RHP
    3-2, 3.12 ERA, 30 SO
    Alcantara has stepped up in September with a 2-1 record with a 2.25 ERA. He will make his seventh start of the season, and it will have big playoff implications. On the road this year, he is 2-0 with a 1.42 ERA.

J.A. Happ
    LHP
    2-2, 3.25 ERA, 39 SO
    Happ has been one of the Majors’ best pitchers over his last six starts, working to a 1.93 ERA with 36 strikeouts against five walks over 37 1/3 innings. Happ fired eight scoreless innings against the Red Sox in his last start, scattering four hits.

Marlins
    @
    Yankees

(29-28)
    Sat, Sep 26 • 1:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: YES, FS-F, MLBN (out-of-market only)

(32-25)

Trevor Rogers
    LHP
    1-2, 6.84 ERA, 35 SO
    The rookie has 35 strikeouts in 25 innings, including a string of six straight strikeouts in four innings in a loss in Atlanta. Rogers hasn't thrown more than four innings in any of his last three starts.

Deivi Garcia
    RHP
    2-2, 4.88 ERA, 26 SO
    García took the loss in his last start, knocked for six runs and eight hits over three innings by the Red Sox at Fenway Park. Prior to that, García had pitched seven innings with six strikeouts in each of his last two starts, both victories.

Marlins
    @
    Yankees

(29-28)
    Sun, Sep 27 • 3:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: FS-F, YES

(32-25)

Jose Urena
    RHP
    0-3, 6.00 ERA, 13 SO
    Ureña gave up four runs in a season-high six innings in his start Tuesday in Atlanta. First innings have given him trouble, as he has a 13.50 ERA in them in four starts. He's 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA in September.

TBD
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Predict the yanks win 2of 3 if not all 3 . Marlins are in a bad slide right now . So I will be surprised with anything less than 2 of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Predict the yanks win 2of 3 if not all 3 . Marlins are in a bad slide right now . So I will be surprised with anything less than 2 of 3
    you can never trust jay happ he has put the yanks in 3-0 deficit in the first inning...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    you can never trust jay happ he has put the yanks in 3-0 deficit in the first inning...
    Well I am counting on the offense hitting much better at Yankee stadium , thats why I made my prediction. On the bright side that is likely the last time we see happ starting a game as a yankee

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well I am counting on the offense hitting much better at Yankee stadium , thats why I made my prediction. On the bright side that is likely the last time we see happ starting a game as a yankee
    you will see him start one game in the playoffs...if the yanks have the second seed..

jay crap has nothing tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    you will see him start one game in the playoffs...if the yanks have the second seed..
    You mean 4th seed , and if they lose tonight they won’t be. And to be honest I would go with Garcia over happ in a playoff game .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-25-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Gio ... WOW what a play

3-2 , happ and the bullpen need to keep it at 3 runs

Another catcher’s interference on Sanchez tonight , that is just lazy pathetic defense by Sanchez . A throwing error can happen to anyone but catcher’s interference ? That is just inexcusable

99 twice this inning from Lasagna

Sanchez has had a couple nice hits tonight, doesn't excuse the errors though

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sanchez has had a couple nice hits tonight, doesn't excuse the errors though
    Well sanchez was pulled for a pinch runner .

Judge ties the game , 3-3

Gio is as good of a defensive 3rd baseman as i've seen in a long time, plus he's not bad with the bat either

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast