Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256

    Leafs 2020 Offseason Thread

    So far we've got the Kapanen trade netting Filip Hallander and the 15th overall pick. Plus Manny Malhotra and now today former Jack Adams winner Paul MacLean named assistant coaches. Congrats to MacLean. Every team needs a Nova Scotian!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,026
    I like the additions. Iíve heard good things about Malhotra.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Outside of Pietrangelo there's some decent cheaper right shot D. Travis Hamonic comes to mind. Also T.J. Brodie, who is a left shot but for some reason plays better on the right side. I think Johnsson is as good as gone to clear up cap space too. Dubas really needs to solidify the back end as best he can. Gonna be alot of players on the cheap in the bottom 6 forward group too. Gonna be even more pressure on the big 4 to produce but they gotta get goals against and shots against down. I'm in my mid 30's and I think I remember the Leafs having a strong D core for only 4 or 5 seasons in that time. D problems go way waaaaay back with this team.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Leafs re-sign F Denis Malgin. 1 year 700,000k. Just a complete waste of 700,000k. **** off with tiny so called "skilled" 4th line forwards. He was useless last year after the trade and he'll be useless this year whenever he actually dresses. Dubas has this offseason and until the 20 game mark before I turn on him like to I did Brian Burke back in the day. You need a different mix of players. You can't put mediocre skill players on your fourth line. How skilled is he really if he's destined for that role or the press box? Get some guys in with a little push back that can win a draw or kill a penalty. Man oh man.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs re-sign F Denis Malgin. 1 year 700,000k. Just a complete waste of 700,000k. **** off with tiny so called "skilled" 4th line forwards. He was useless last year after the trade and he'll be useless this year whenever he actually dresses. Dubas has this offseason and until the 20 game mark before I turn on him like to I did Brian Burke back in the day. You need a different mix of players. You can't put mediocre skill players on your fourth line. How skilled is he really if he's destined for that role or the press box? Get some guys in with a little push back that can win a draw or kill a penalty. Man oh man.
    I'm gonna call myself out here. 700,000k can go to the Marlies with no cap hit. Still short tempered with Dubas though. Team has regressed every year since he took over. I won't walk that back and plenty of evidence to support it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,026
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I'm gonna call myself out here. 700,000k can go to the Marlies with no cap hit. Still short tempered with Dubas though. Team has regressed every year since he took over. I won't walk that back and plenty of evidence to support it.
    Please do support that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Please do support that.
    Point totals have gone down every year culminating with being knocked out in the play in round this year. Which technically means we didn't make the playoffs. I could go on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,585
    Leafs just resigned Spezza for 1 year at $700K.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Leafs just resigned Spezza for 1 year at $700K.
    Good signing. Spezza is great on draws and accepts bottom 6 minutes. Still love em for dropping the gloves in game 4.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,026
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Good signing. Spezza is great on draws and accepts bottom 6 minutes. Still love em for dropping the gloves in game 4.
    Heís exactly what you hope for. Talented guy willing to play a smaller role in the latter part of his career to play for his childhood dream team.

    Iím surprised we donít have more of those tbh.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,585
    Mikheyev and Dermott received qualifying offers today.

    Gauthier, Rodrigues, Bracco were not so they will all be free agents come Friday.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,026
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Mikheyev and Dermott received qualifying offers today.

    Gauthier, Rodrigues, Bracco were not so they will all be free agents come Friday.
    What happened with bracco again? Was it substance abuse?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Ilya Mikheyev files for salary arbitration.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    13,256
    Andreas Johnson traded to New Jersey for Joey Anderson. Cap dump move.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,026
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Andreas Johnson traded to New Jersey for Joey Anderson. Cap dump move.
    Joey Anderson anything?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •