Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Leafs 2020 Offseason Thread

So far we've got the Kapanen trade netting Filip Hallander and the 15th overall pick. Plus Manny Malhotra and now today former Jack Adams winner Paul MacLean named assistant coaches. Congrats to MacLean. Every team needs a Nova Scotian!

I like the additions. Iíve heard good things about Malhotra.

Outside of Pietrangelo there's some decent cheaper right shot D. Travis Hamonic comes to mind. Also T.J. Brodie, who is a left shot but for some reason plays better on the right side. I think Johnsson is as good as gone to clear up cap space too. Dubas really needs to solidify the back end as best he can. Gonna be alot of players on the cheap in the bottom 6 forward group too. Gonna be even more pressure on the big 4 to produce but they gotta get goals against and shots against down. I'm in my mid 30's and I think I remember the Leafs having a strong D core for only 4 or 5 seasons in that time. D problems go way waaaaay back with this team.

Leafs re-sign F Denis Malgin. 1 year 700,000k. Just a complete waste of 700,000k. **** off with tiny so called "skilled" 4th line forwards. He was useless last year after the trade and he'll be useless this year whenever he actually dresses. Dubas has this offseason and until the 20 game mark before I turn on him like to I did Brian Burke back in the day. You need a different mix of players. You can't put mediocre skill players on your fourth line. How skilled is he really if he's destined for that role or the press box? Get some guys in with a little push back that can win a draw or kill a penalty. Man oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs re-sign F Denis Malgin. 1 year 700,000k. Just a complete waste of 700,000k. **** off with tiny so called "skilled" 4th line forwards. He was useless last year after the trade and he'll be useless this year whenever he actually dresses. Dubas has this offseason and until the 20 game mark before I turn on him like to I did Brian Burke back in the day. You need a different mix of players. You can't put mediocre skill players on your fourth line. How skilled is he really if he's destined for that role or the press box? Get some guys in with a little push back that can win a draw or kill a penalty. Man oh man.
    I'm gonna call myself out here. 700,000k can go to the Marlies with no cap hit. Still short tempered with Dubas though. Team has regressed every year since he took over. I won't walk that back and plenty of evidence to support it.

I'm gonna call myself out here. 700,000k can go to the Marlies with no cap hit. Still short tempered with Dubas though. Team has regressed every year since he took over. I won't walk that back and plenty of evidence to support it.
    Please do support that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Please do support that.
    Point totals have gone down every year culminating with being knocked out in the play in round this year. Which technically means we didn't make the playoffs. I could go on.

Leafs just resigned Spezza for 1 year at $700K.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Leafs just resigned Spezza for 1 year at $700K.
    Good signing. Spezza is great on draws and accepts bottom 6 minutes. Still love em for dropping the gloves in game 4.

Good signing. Spezza is great on draws and accepts bottom 6 minutes. Still love em for dropping the gloves in game 4.
    Heís exactly what you hope for. Talented guy willing to play a smaller role in the latter part of his career to play for his childhood dream team.

Iím surprised we donít have more of those tbh.

Mikheyev and Dermott received qualifying offers today.

Gauthier, Rodrigues, Bracco were not so they will all be free agents come Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Mikheyev and Dermott received qualifying offers today.

Gauthier, Rodrigues, Bracco were not so they will all be free agents come Friday.
    What happened with bracco again? Was it substance abuse?

Ilya Mikheyev files for salary arbitration.

Andreas Johnson traded to New Jersey for Joey Anderson. Cap dump move.

Andreas Johnson traded to New Jersey for Joey Anderson. Cap dump move.
    Joey Anderson anything?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast