Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    There's only a few possibilities that I can see:
    1. The Cubs know something about Marquez right now that we don't know; maybe he's looked putrid, maybe he's had a minor injury, etc. With things being shut in South Bend and media a no-go, this remains a possibility
    2. The Cubs don't think he's an upgrade over what we have. I'm not sure why they'd think that, but hey, I guess it's a possibility.
    3. The Cubs have been told not to bring him up to not start the clock. That would be stupidly cheap, but hey, I would buy it considering how they've acted lately, but I don't know if they would go THIS cheap.
    4. The Cubs suddenly have no clue how to handle their young talent. Considering Epstein/Hoyer aren't idiots, I have a hard time buying this one. They have been pretty aggressive with Marquez. So this would be strange.

In the end, I would have to guess it's #1. That there's something here we won't/don't/can't know. It's the only thing that really makes any sense. Maybe it's one of the others, but #1 is the only thing that even begins to make sense to me.
    Dakota Mekkes sure bragged about him and how heís looked in SB. It wasnít your typical ďYeah, Brailyn looks great. Iím excited to see him continuing to develop. He has a bright future.Ē No he went in vivid details about just how nasty he has looked. I would have to re-listen to be able to quote him, but I know he really pushed the point that Marquez has been nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Dakota Mekkes sure bragged about him and how heís looked in SB. It wasnít your typical ďYeah, Brailyn looks great. Iím excited to see him continuing to develop. He has a bright future.Ē No he went in vivid details about just how nasty he has looked. I would have to re-listen to be able to quote him, but I know he really pushed the point that Marquez has been nasty.
    While I appreciate what Dakota Mekkes thinks, that was also from September the 9th. It's been 3 weeks since that has been reported. There's a very real chance we've got a guy who's had a minor strain that we wouldn't hear about right now (the Cubs have no reason to admit to something like that with a SB that's blocked completely off). So perhaps it's a mild injury.

Truthfully, I don't know. But #1 is the only thing on the planet that even comes close to making sense. There's either something we don't know or the Cubs have basically become inept. These are some of the best team builders in baseball. I have a feeling they didn't go inept, so there has to be some underlying thing we can't be privy to right now why he's not up. If they did go inept there's a bigger issue at play.

Like what are they doing here? 3 games left. We arenít expected to play deep into the playoffs. They have the guy freaking throwing at Wrigley so they can watch him. They are trying to find the right situation for him? Well the right situation is right now today... in the regular season. We are guaranteed to make the playoffs. Let him work an inning or 2 to get the jitters out of his system.
    Can't use him in the"right situation" unless he's in uniform and on the roster when that situation presents itself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

9/25-9/27: Cubs (32-25) at White Sox (34-23) - Battle for Central Division Titles IGT

Brewers take game 1

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

9/25-9/27: Cubs (32-25) at White Sox (34-23) - Battle for Central Division Titles IGT

There's only a few possibilities that I can see:
    1. The Cubs know something about Marquez right now that we don't know; maybe he's looked putrid, maybe he's had a minor injury, etc. With things being shut in South Bend and media a no-go, this remains a possibility
    2. The Cubs don't think he's an upgrade over what we have. I'm not sure why they'd think that, but hey, I guess it's a possibility.
    3. The Cubs have been told not to bring him up to not start the clock. That would be stupidly cheap, but hey, I would buy it considering how they've acted lately, but I don't know if they would go THIS cheap.
    4. The Cubs suddenly have no clue how to handle their young talent. Considering Epstein/Hoyer aren't idiots, I have a hard time buying this one. They have been pretty aggressive with Marquez. So this would be strange.

In the end, I would have to guess it's #1. That there's something here we won't/don't/can't know. It's the only thing that really makes any sense. Maybe it's one of the others, but #1 is the only thing that even begins to make sense to me.
    I really doubt it is #1. The reports out of camp have him looking great after some early struggles. They havenít been shy about saying Carraway isnít close to ready. Thereís no way Brailyn isnít better than Kyle Ryan right now.

I think the #5 scenario is that they are being coy and heíll be on the roster by Wednesday. They just want to keep anyone from seeing video of him this year before the playoffs.

Iíd guess itís that or itís #3.

While I appreciate what Dakota Mekkes thinks, that was also from September the 9th. It's been 3 weeks since that has been reported. There's a very real chance we've got a guy who's had a minor strain that we wouldn't hear about right now (the Cubs have no reason to admit to something like that with a SB that's blocked completely off). So perhaps it's a mild injury.

Truthfully, I don't know. But #1 is the only thing on the planet that even comes close to making sense. There's either something we don't know or the Cubs have basically become inept. These are some of the best team builders in baseball. I have a feeling they didn't go inept, so there has to be some underlying thing we can't be privy to right now why he's not up. If they did go inept there's a bigger issue at play.
    If he were injured even mildly, why would he be throwing today and Ross talking about him
    I don't think theyd risk having him aggravate it

I personally feel they dont think he ready
    He was in A ball last season, although he Kd a ton, he was a bit wild and gave up alot of hits

I bet they plan on him starting in AA next year and hope he can make his way up to the the main roster at some point during the season

I mean itís the only in depth report weíve gotten on Brailyn. I tend to believe Mekkes, as he would have no reason to sugar coat anything. Maybe a minor injury could be it. I just think itís a service time thing. Theo knows we arenít playing deep into October. But in the same breath, if they had no plans of using him, then why is he at Wrigley today pitching in front of our manager and Iím sure Hottovy and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Brewers take game 1

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Suks they couldn't of won 1 more in Pittsburgh, could of clinched on their own with a W tonight and not worry about what the Cardinals do..

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I really doubt it is #1. The reports out of camp have him looking great after some early struggles. They havenít been shy about saying Carraway isnít close to ready. Thereís no way Brailyn isnít better than Kyle Ryan right now.

I think the #5 scenario is that they are being coy and heíll be on the roster by Wednesday. They just want to keep anyone from seeing video of him this year before the playoffs.

Iíd guess itís that or itís #3.
    Personally I would only accept #3. Theo has every reason to not believe in this team. I can understand not wanting to start the clock on him. I still hate it, but I get it. If heís good, lock him up in a couple of years and say to hell with service time.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If he were injured even mildly, why would he be throwing today and Ross talking about him
    I don't think theyd risk having him aggravate it

I personally feel they dont think he ready
    He was in A ball last season, although he Kd a ton, he was a bit wild and gave up alot of hits

I bet they plan on him starting in AA next year and hope he can make his way up to the the main roster at some point during the season
    I'm not saying he is today. Im suggesting between the 9th and the 25th (today) something happened. Or before the 9th sometime during camp.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Personally I would only accept #3. Theo has every reason to not believe in this team. I can understand not wanting to start the clock on him. I still hate it, but I get it. If heís good, lock him up in a couple of years and say to hell with service time.
    It doesnít actually start a clock though. If you leave him down for an extra 3 days next year you still get that 7th year.

Bring him up now then donít put him on the OD roster. Say you want him to start or whatever and give him at least a few weeks in Iowa and you get the year back.

I wont accept that cheap *** **** myself.

As Dfan25 mentioned earlier, Cardinals lost game 1 of their DH vs Brewers tonight. Magic Number for NL Central is now 2.

A Cubs win + another Cards loss in Game 2 of the DH and we clinch the NL Central tonight

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Alzolay scheduled to start Sunday

I'm not saying he is today. Im suggesting between the 9th and the 25th (today) something happened. Or before the 9th sometime during camp.

Gotcha

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast