Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Reds announced Sonny Gray starting tomorrow.

Bauer G1, Castillo G2 and Gray in potential G3 for Wild Card Series

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Cubs beat are crosstown rivals who are pretty good by 10 runs...wish I could get excited tho lol. Hopefully this team can sweep em and have some momentum going into the postseason, but as it stands now Iím not liking the cubbies chances in the playoffs.

Injuries to KB and Wick hurt quite a bit. Maybe KB can return from injury and play somewhere near his MVP form...lol a guy can dream. Sounds like wick is done for the year, that stings.

SPs, I like Darvish a tun, never gna hate Hendricks, after that itís pretty ugly. I dno if two guys and a boom or bust offense has a chance in the playoffs?

BP, jeffress has been consistent with solid numbers all year. From my limited eye test I havenít been that impressed with his stuff, maybe Iím just biased against 93mph back end relievers? I do like his perceived determination and focus on the mound, seems like a gamer. In the playoffs against quality opponents, stuff matters tho. Kimbrel I had my doubts, but Iím gna be optimistic and say I trust this guy in the playoffs, he looks nasty and his numbers reflect it lately. After that I dno a mixture of just guys, not feeling to confident w r pen in the postseason.

Offense: for the cubs to win we gta smash. If u told me before the season how well Happ and Jhey played, Iíd say oookkk...cubs might have a chance. But the cubs core 5 overall bad play has really hurt the Cubs. If KB returns and everyone gets hot I guess, doesnít seem likely tho.

To me the Cubs seem destined for an early exit from the playoffs. There hitting isnít elite and there pitching isnít elite, that equals losses in the playoffs. Sucks, bc Iíd really like to see some fun playoff games.

If the cubs have an early exit, feels like some dudes/changes would have to come? Curious to see how Theo plays this current situation, try a re tool or rebuild. Iím guessing he goes re tool, but who knows?

On a side note Bears r 2-0 and bulls signed Billy Donovan lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Throwing a heater at somebody is assault. Iím waiting for the day when one of our hitters picks up the ball that hit him and chucks it back at the pitcherís skull. Itís not cool to try and take someone out of action because of pride

What if Contreras was out for the rest of the year and playoffs because some bum decided to throw it at him on purpose in a blowout game because he was mad about a bat flip.
    Throwing the bat 30í in the air is cool for us but he deserved to get beaned. End of story.

Assault. Come on. Itís baseball. Tackling in football assault? Gtfo

Now if it hit the guy in the head at 90+ ok I can see what ur saying. Otherwise no

Donít be a homer whiny baby. Gives us bad name and something else to argue over

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Reds announced Sonny Gray starting tomorrow.

Bauer G1, Castillo G2 and Gray in potential G3 for Wild Card Series
    Yeah I want no part of that. Give me the Marlins.

Darvish has been worth more WAR this season than he was in the prior two seasons combined as a Cub. Pretty amazing season for the guy and I really, really hope he gets the Cy Young, he absolutely deserves it.

Hell, I know it rarely happens, but I'd like to see him get some MVP love too. He's been that important for us this season.

I was ready to give it to Bauer but going back over the numbers I do think Darvish has a pretty good case. They are both absolutely deserving but as a voter I think i'd lean Darvish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I was ready to give it to Bauer but going back over the numbers I do think Darvish has a pretty good case. They are both absolutely deserving but as a voter I think i'd lean Darvish.
    Some think it dont matter but those 8 wins in 12 starts will make voters lean his way if it close

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Some think it dont matter but those 8 wins in 12 starts will make voters lean his way if it close
    sigh. Wins do not matter. Luckily. What might matter is that Darvish looks better in categories like FIP, xFIP, fWAR, HR/9, GB %. He also pitched more innings and Bauer was a bit luckier. ERA and K/9 are really Bauer's only advantages.

Sucks to have our DH hitting 9th. Caratini has had a down year. Jose Martinez not going much either. I'd consider Bote at DH in different matchups.

Bryant just needed a week off..lol

Should of taken Lester out after the 1st when he got his 1000 IP
    [emoji849][emoji57]

Need to string a couple hits together now with the bags loaded

Why wasn't that reviewed or something, Abreu touched the ball

KB saves the inning

Finally

Told y'all he just needed a week off..lol

KB Grand slam!!!

5-2 Cubs

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast