Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...437072897?s=21

I donít think it really matters which order they go in the first 2 games. Theyíll have the pitching advantage both days.

Looking ahead to the NLDS with no off days the game 1 starter would be on 3 days rest in a game 5. I think whoever they believe would bounce back better on 3 days rest should start game 1 of the NLDS and the WC. The other guy gets game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post

I donít think it really matters which order they go in the first 2 games. Theyíll have the pitching advantage both days.

Looking ahead to the NLDS with no off days the game 1 starter would be on 3 days rest in a game 5. I think whoever they believe would bounce back better on 3 days rest should start game 1 of the NLDS and the WC. The other guy gets game 2.
    From what I've seen, the NLDS doesn't start until Oct 6th. Is that incorrect?

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you are saying now.

Yah, I'm not going to be upset either way. Darvish has been the better pitcher this year, and is the more prototypical ace, but I'd probably lean Hendricks. He's on more rest. He's been a stud for us in the postseason and big games before. I think he's more likely to avoid the bullpen. I'd probably trust him slightly more on short rest but I've got nothing to back that up. I imagine that's probably the way they go. But both guys are absolutely deserving of being the playoff ace. It's a nice situation to have.

Lester will start..lol

Then if there a game 3, they have the ultimate advantage with Hendricks or Darvish..[emoji28]

I'd start Yu in game 1...because in the off chance we lose game 1, I'd prefer Kyle on the mound with the season on the line.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

No wild card series thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post

One will be up but the game isn't until Wednesday. We have lives, my friend. Im teaching until 3pm. I mod for free haha.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Waiting on pitching matchups, most likely

David Bote led the Cubs this year in RBI. Yes, David Bote. He had about 100 less AB's this year than Baez.

No info has been released yet so no thread at the moment.

There will be one up before Game 1 on Wednesday

2016 World Series Champions!!!

The Athletic had 10 writers do their playoff predictions (honestly who cares, right? ) for the 2020 postseason, and about half of them predict the Cubs to advance all the way to the NLCS, only to lose to the Dodgers.

One can only hope lol

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    The Athletic had 10 writers do their playoff predictions (honestly who cares, right? ) for the 2020 postseason, and about half of them predict the Cubs to advance all the way to the NLCS, only to lose to the Dodgers.

One can only hope lol
    It's not like anybody in their bracket would much of a favorite over them. Mabe the Braves. They're as good a team as anybody not named the Dodgers or Padres. I do still think the lack of pitching is going to make a 5 straight day NLDS tough though.

9/25-9/27: Cubs (32-25) at White Sox (34-23) - Battle for Central Division Titles IGT

Looking like pitcher friendly conditions for Wednesday which isnít good for the Cubs IMO. Would imagine the Marlins game plan will be trying to run on Darvish ( if it is Darvish ) and Caratini especially if Marte and Berti get that chance .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    In Sept:

-Over 8 appearances Kimbrel had a 0.00 ERA, threw 7.1 IP, 0 BB, 3 H, 13 K. Kimbrel is back.

- Hendricks had a 1.45 ERA in 37.1 IP, better than Yu. Hendricks is much more rested and is money at home (1.85 ERA this year), maybe starts Game 1?
    100% I want kyle to start game 1. Guaranteed 2 runs or less for Miami in 7+ innings. Score 3 runs and they should win.

The crazy thing is that I might prefer Atlanta to Cincy in round 2. Cincinnatiís pitching is ridiculous. These guys havenít seen Bauer well since the World Series. Castillo has been dominant lately too.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast