Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Darvish/Hendricks could put a team in a slump.
    I have the ultimate faith in them two
    It the Offense that concerns me

Any chance Marquez gets a look tomorrow or has that ship sailed ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post

Now that the division is clinched, I could see it happening.

But knowing the Cubs, they wonít do it.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post

I personally think it sailed

If they had any intentions of adding him to playoff roster he would of been up last week to get into a couple games to make sure he ready..

I mean even if he get an inning or two tomorrow in a not so pressure situation, is that enough to say ok we'll add a kid who hasn't pitched above A ball to the playoff roster and trust to use him in a big game situation

They could bring him up just to get a taste tomorrow but I dont think he'll be added to playoff roster

Yah, that ship has definitely sailed. It's sad. Jason Adam is like their 3rd best reliever. That's assuming Kimbrel keeps his **** together.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I personally think it sailed

If they had any intentions of adding him to playoff roster he would of been up last week to get into a couple games to make sure he ready..

I mean even if he get an inning or two tomorrow in a not so pressure situation, is that enough to say ok we'll add a kid who hasn't pitched above A ball to the playoff roster and trust to use him in a big game situation

They could bring him up just to get a taste tomorrow but I dont think he'll be added to playoff roster
    I imagine he will be up tomorrow and on the playoff team. Look he throws 100. Has established at least 1 secondary pitch and has another that he can throw. His stuff will play in relief for sure. Itís not like we are asking him to start a game 3 in a win or go home playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    The Cubs are division champions.
    WOOOWOO!!!!!!!!! Celebrate MOFOS!!!!! Champs B champs!!

Cubs haven't won d**k ***** all in 3 years, this is good news, might as well celebrate!!!

Next up da pennant. Let's dooo this!

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I imagine he will be up tomorrow and on the playoff team. Look he throws 100. Has established at least 1 secondary pitch and has another that he can throw. His stuff will play in relief for sure. Itís not like we are asking him to start a game 3 in a win or go home playoff game.
    If he was going to be on the playoff team he certainly would be up by now. He's a real longshot to see any time in the playoffs, injuries would need to occur. It's insane to put bring a kid up right into playoff pressure when he hasn't thrown a pitch past A-ball. The one thing in his favour is this year he wouldn't be in front of a crowd of 40k screaming at him for the first time in his life, but he would be on international TV.

9/25-9/27: Cubs (32-25) at White Sox (34-23) - Battle for Central Division Titles IGT

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    If he was going to be on the playoff team he certainly would be up by now. He's a real longshot to see any time in the playoffs, injuries would need to occur. It's insane to put bring a kid up right into playoff pressure when he hasn't thrown a pitch past A-ball. The one thing in his favour is this year he wouldn't be in front of a crowd of 40k screaming at him for the first time in his life, but he would be on international TV.
    Is it insane? Crochet looks great. He didnít throw a pitch in the minors. He barely pitched in college last year. Lots of pitchers have made a jump from low minors to MLB, especially the bullpen, and have done well.

If you throw 100 lefty itís an easy game. Just donít walk everybody and youíll be solid.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-26-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Is it insane? Crochet looks great. He didnít throw a pitch in the minors. He barely pitched in college last year. Lots of pitchers have made a jump from low minors to MLB, especially the bullpen, and have done well.
    Which is fine, but bringing them up in the playoffs is insane, unless the Cubs got desperate re: injuries. I was in favour of bringing him up earlier this month. If it was going to be done they'd have done it by now, or should have.

But as I said, the big thing in Marquez's favour is he wouldn't have to pitch in front of 40k fans going playoff crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm still confused by that play
    One, I thought Abreu touched it
    Two, similar situation yesterday when someone got hit by the ball and Len n JD said if the fielder was in front of runner it would be a live ball
    Abreu was in front of Rizzo
    That's what I thought about the fielder fielding it in front of the runner. Oh well.

9/25-9/27: Cubs (32-25) at White Sox (34-23) - Battle for Central Division Titles IGT

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Which is fine, but bringing them up in the playoffs is insane, unless the Cubs got desperate re: injuries. I was in favour of bringing him up earlier this month. If it was going to be done they'd have done it by now, or should have.

But as I said, the big thing in Marquez's favour is he wouldn't have to pitch in front of 40k fans going playoff crazy.
    There no way he isnít better than Kyle Ryan regardless of experience.

I donít know if theyíll do it or not, but it isnít insane. Heís better than other players that theyíll have on the roster. He could throw the FB every pitch and heíd be better than a bunch of guys in that bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Same. Just gotta get ready for Wednesday now.
    I concur.

Getting the division is swell and neat. I hope the Cubs do well in the postseason.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Yes. Letís ****ing go.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast