Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will the Series Go?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 50.00%
  • Sox Win Two

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Chicago Cubs (32-25) vs. Chicago White Sox (34-23) | 9/25 - 9/27

Chicago Cubs (32-25) vs. Chicago White Sox (34-23)
    Guaranteed Rate Field - Chicago, IL. | 9/25 - 9/27

Friday September 25, 2020 @ 7:10pm CT on NBCSN & ESPN 2
    Yu Darvish, RHP (7-3, 2.22 ERA) vs. Dylan Cease, RHP (5-3, 3.52 ERA)

Cubs: Darvish struck out nine and walked one over six innings on Sunday, but he allowed four runs in a tough luck loss to the Twins. The righty has a 3.46 ERA with 36 K's and five walks in four September outings.
    White Sox: Cease threw 10 pitches (eight for strikes through one inning of Sunday's loss to the Reds, but he ended with seven walks in three plus innings. Cease lost a matchup with Darvish at Wrigley on Aug. 23.

Saturday September 26, 2020 @ 6:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Jon Lester, LHP (3-2, 4.40 ERA) vs. Dane Dunning, RHP (2-0, 3.19 ERA)

Cubs: Lester spun six shutout innings in a win over the Pirates on Monday. The veteran lefty struck out one and walked one. He has turned in a 1.06 ERA in 17 innings in his last three outings.
    White Sox: The White Sox are 5-1 games started by Dunning this season, although the right hander finished with a no decision in a loss at Cleveland on Monday. He has struck out 33 and walked 10 over 31 innings.

Sunday September 27, 2020 @ 2:10pm CT on NBCSN & TBS
    TBD vs. Reynaldo Lopez, RHP (1-2, 4.68 ERA)

White Sox: Lopez has a 2.35 ERA over three starts since returning from the teams alternate training site. The right hander is hoping to earn a spot on the Sox postseason roster.

Some cold *** teams coming into this series.

Last night's game was managed by our "manger" as if we were going for the sweep...........not the other way around!!! I said last year and I've been saying all along, the only thing RR brings to the table is the fact he is bi-lingual!

I see someone on here who objected to negative talk about the manger, has finally had enough...kind of late aren't you?? LOL

I wanted Mike Scioscia last off season and still do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I see someone on here who objected to negative talk about the manger, has finally had enough...kind of late aren't you?? LOL
    Dude I never said I wanted Renteria past this year you can go back to the beginning of talk about our manager to see that. I just simply said there was a lot of negativity for a team in first place. I also stated the obvious that we can ***** til we are blue in the face, but Ricky is finishing this year anyways. You can throw all the jabs you want lol. We all knew Renteria sucked.

Of course you didn't...But speaking of jabs the "pet" jab..LOL . Let me ask you this,do you think it was fair they sent Mendrick down ,when he did everything asked of him and did IMO ok with it. A guy who's paid his dues in the minors ,did ok up here and he gets send down for a ****ing guy who's a class clown and not much of a player to begin with. That's why I call him the "pet", because there's no other reason why he is here!

BTW.............Renteria is NOT going anywhere this of season!!! This is a team (FO) that wouldn't fire Ventura, the dude had to quit...LMAO

Huge series

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Yes it's extremely huge, I want no part of Cleveland in the playoffs.

Right now the Sox are the #4 seed set to play the #5 seed Indians. So please lets try to avoid that scenario. Give me Houston or Toronto in a 3 game series.

I am hoping that maybe there is a silver lining to this late season collapse in the chance that maybe the FO reconsiders Renteria and actually hires a real manager.

He was bad the last 2 years and bad this year. Only difference was that the team was actually good enough this year to win despite him.

I know it is a long shot, as it was accurately pointed out that Ventura actually had to quit, because this FO would not fire even him.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Yes it's extremely huge, I want no part of Cleveland in the playoffs.

Right now the Sox are the #4 seed set to play the #5 seed Indians. So please lets try to avoid that scenario. Give me Houston or Toronto in a 3 game series.
    I disagree........If its the Indians fine! They are in our division, so going around them is just delaying the fact that sooner or later you need to win the Central (consistently) and to that you need to start beating them and the Twins.....BTW if its the Indians and we have home filed I'll take my chances with us having the last at bat!

Just hoping the FO had a little talk with Rentaria , after the Cleveland series....But I highly doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Of course you didn't...But speaking of jabs the "pet" jab..LOL . Let me ask you this,do you think it was fair they sent Mendrick down ,when he did everything asked of him and did IMO ok with it. A guy who's paid his dues in the minors ,did ok up here and he gets send down for a ****ing guy who's a class clown and not much of a player to begin with. That's why I call him the "pet", because there's no other reason why he is here!
    Yeah my "PET" jab is a clap back at your passive aggressive douchery. As for Yolmer and Mendick: Yolmer is well known to be a gold glove caliber IF. Can you say that about Mendick? If Mendick was tearing the cover off the ball, I can see your point, but he wasn't even hitting all that good, and I think it'd be hard for you to argue his defense over Yolmer's. Speaking of Yolmer, his bat has actually been pretty good since being brought back. Last night you whined about him getting a spot start. He hit a HR, put 1 to the wall that moved a runner into scoring position, and walked. He's hitting .300+.

I'm not arguing for Ricky Renteria. I highly doubt he's here after this year, and I don't want him here after this year. His handling of our BP in the most important series of the season has been horrendous. To put in Cordero to start the 8th with a 3 run lead, and then supplement his stupidity by putting in Rodon with Bases Freaking Loaded, is fireable offense. I think that move in itself signed his pink slip this offseason. Although I never expected him back after this year in the 1st place.

Alright guys let's keep it civil, no reason for the personal attacks at each other.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast