Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Elite? The dude is in a league of his own. IDK if there's ever been a wider gap between the best QB in the NFL and second best in the entire history of the NFL.
    wilson---------->mahomes if he were on the chiefs with andy. Not even joking.

Wow, awful plays there

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Cool, I guess I'll go be a Cowboys fan and ignore the talent around QBs in my evaluations. No other QB in the league could excel in an offense with Hill/Kelce/Watkins/Edwards-Helaire/Hardman and Andy Reid calling plays.
    Legit fell in to the best possible situation that has happened since Russ as a rookie.

Must suck.

people forget just what wilson has actually done... yes he has help but if mahomes had what wilson had 2-3 years ago where wilson scored 35 of the teams 36 touchdowns which was a record... he wouldnt come close

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Legit fell in to the best possible situation that has happened since Russ as a rookie.

Must suck.
    I think people ignore how good Alex Smith was his last year there. He was an MVP candidate through the first 8 games and graded as the best deep passer that season. If Alex "Checkdown Charlie" Smith was able to excel as a deep passer in essential this same offense, why would adding Mahomes (a 1st round talent with a canon for an arm) and Watkins be any less successful?

That's obviously not to take away from his success, but when we're talking about comparing him to those elite Brady/Manning/Rodgers years we have to look at how insanely stacked that entire offense is. Put 2009-2014 Rodgers in that same team and he's probably winning 3+ MVP awards in that 6 year span.

I think people ignore how good Alex Smith was his last year there. He was an MVP candidate through the first 8 games and graded as the best deep passer that season. If Alex "Checkdown Charlie" Smith was able to excel as a deep passer in essential this same offense, why would adding Mahomes (a 1st round talent with a canon for an arm) and Watkins be any less successful?

That's obviously not to take away from his success, but when we're talking about comparing him to those elite Brady/Manning/Rodgers years we have to look at how insanely stacked that entire offense is. Put 2009-2014 Rodgers in that same team and he's probably winning 3+ MVP awards in that 6 year span.
    but cant the same be said to a degree about brady/manning... manning was loaded like mahomes for years on offense... tom had the goat coach/insane defense/multiple top tightends etc including cheating.... tom didnt do much at all his first 2 superbowls.

i do agree its been a long time since i seen an offense as loaded as what mahomes has

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    but cant the same be said to a degree about brady/manning... manning was loaded like mahomes for years on offense... tom had the goat coach/insane defense/multiple top tightends etc including cheating.... tom didnt do much at all his first 2 superbowls.
    I think the same can be said for Brady and Manning but not for Rodgers, though.

Reid is amazing but Mahomes is so freaking magical. It's not just Reid/weapons covering up for Mahomes, Mahomes is covering up for them as well.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    was it manbeerchef that said he's not convinced Mahomes is an elite QB? My god
    Half PSD picks the Ravens to blow out the Chiefs every time this matchup comes up, still pretending Lamar is a QB not an RB.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

i do agree its been a long time since i seen an offense as loaded as what mahomes has
    They've rotated over what, 5, 6, 7 mediocre RBs over this season and last? Sammy Watkins isn't great. Tyreek Hill is decent but wouldn't be as good on a lot of other teams. Good TE in Kelce but not like a huge gap like Gronk was for a bit.

Mahomes is the best player on offense. WR/TE/RB is above average but not special for the Chiefs.

2020:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

people forget just what wilson has actually done... yes he has help but if mahomes had what wilson had 2-3 years ago where wilson scored 35 of the teams 36 touchdowns which was a record... he wouldnt come close
    Wilson had 35 passing TDs in 2018, the team added 15 more rushing TDs.

He had a stacked team with Baldwin, Lockett, Chris Carson, Brandon Marshall, Rashaad Penny and Will Dissly. That's about as good as what Mahomes has currently.

2020:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Wilson had 35 passing TDs in 2018, the team added 15 more rushing TDs.

He had a stacked team with Baldwin, Lockett, Chris Carson, Brandon Marshall, Rashaad Penny and Will Dissly. That's about as good as what Mahomes has currently.
    extremely false

They've rotated over what, 5, 6, 7 mediocre RBs over this season and last? Sammy Watkins isn't great. Tyreek Hill is decent but wouldn't be as good on a lot of other teams. Good TE in Kelce but not like a huge gap like Gronk was for a bit.

Mahomes is the best player on offense. WR/TE/RB is above average but not special for the Chiefs.
    Such a terrible take.

You could maybe say that about Peyton, but Brady only had a stacked offense for like 2 years (he wasn't elite during his first 3 SBs).

This is literally the understatement of the year. Hill is a top 5 weapon in the NFL, Kelce is an elite and at worst top 2 TE, Watkins isn't a great #1 but he's a damn good #3 option. E-H looks pretty damn good as the first real replacement for Hunt. Hardman/Robinson as #4/#5 options are ridiculous as well.

This is literally the understatement of the year. Hill is a top 5 weapon in the NFL, Kelce is an elite and at worst top 2 TE, Watkins isn't a great #1 but he's a damn good #3 option. E-H looks pretty damn good as the first real replacement for Hunt. Hardman/Robinson as #4/#5 options are ridiculous as well.
    Hill is fringe 5 because he's on Mahomes team and would rank a little behind Juju/Cooper/Lockett otherwise. Odell/Keenan Allen/Robert Woods space.

Plug Engram, Henry, Higbee, Hurst, Cook, Hooper in for Kelce and get roughly the same production. You're again ranking Mahomes vs the trash or elderly QBs those TEs are dealing with, not TE vs TE.

Any RB can handle a D front where everyone is dropping back to cover the deep ball. They'll replace E-H in 2-3 years, sooner if he has any injuries. Just like Damien Williams, LeSean McCoy, Darrel Williams, Spencer Ware, and Charcandrick West.

2020:

-Scott van Pelt

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast