Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Yankees giving Clarke Schmidt audition for playoffs start

Yankees giving Clarke Schmidt audition for MLB playoffs start
    By Joel Sherman September 24, 2020 | 4:11pm

Clarke Schmidt is being lined up to start the Yankees’ season finale and that could be an audition for him being part of the postseason roster if the Yanks advance beyond the first round.

Schmidt would start Sunday against the Marlins. If that goes well, the Yankees would think about adding him to the roster for the Division Series if they are able to win the best-of-three wild-card round.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/yankee...layoffs-start/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Looks like they are setting up Cole for game 1 . That is what I felt they should do

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees giving Clarke Schmidt audition for MLB playoffs start
    By Joel Sherman September 24, 2020 | 4:11pm

Clarke Schmidt is being lined up to start the Yankees’ season finale and that could be an audition for him being part of the postseason roster if the Yanks advance beyond the first round.

Schmidt would start Sunday against the Marlins. If that goes well, the Yankees would think about adding him to the roster for the Division Series if they are able to win the best-of-three wild-card round.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/yankee...layoffs-start/
    yanks winning the first round is doubtful the way they are playing...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    If they hit in the first round like they have in this series vs the jays , they are done . And to think they have a completely healthy line up too

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Thats what makes sports interesting. A sure thing is not worth watching. If they win it adds to the enjoyment. If they dont win, kust know the team will be nursing their wounds with their millions. So if they lose it shouldn't bother you as a fan.

They should be, with the way the playoffs is set up with no days off, the more good pitching option that you have that can have that can throw multiple quality innings the better off your going to be. I actually think the deeper they go in the playoffs, the bigger roles multi relief pitchers are going to play a bigger role than the the relievers that only go 1 inning

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Good for him. We've been waiting to see more of him. I'm glad they are starting him instead of throwing him in there at some random time.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Good for him. We've been waiting to see more of him. I'm glad they are starting him instead of throwing him in there at some random time.
    For his development I hope he does his best.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    For his development I hope he does his best.
    Baptism by fire. Risky, but could be a huge confidence builder and step forward in his development.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Baptism by fire. Risky, but could be a huge confidence builder and step forward in his development.
    It isn't though. At least not from what I see. He is pitching a game that has some meaning but is not a do or die.
    If he pitches really well, he could earn a shot at the baptism by fire.

I actually think they are being smart with him

Ignorance is bliss

It isn't though. At least not from what I see. He is pitching a game that has some meaning but is not a do or die.
    If he pitches really well, he could earn a shot at the baptism by fire.

I actually think they are being smart with him
    True, but I read "audition" for postseason start a little differently. It's not a must win, but there is some pressure to perform well.

True, but I read "audition" for postseason start a little differently. It's not a must win, but there is some pressure to perform well.
    I agree , I assume he wants to pitch in the playoffs so this is his chance to prove he can help

I agree. That's why I like it.
    Can he pitch when there is something on the line? His immediate career and I presume finances are on the line but nothing for the team is on the line. If he can handle that pressure, he should be good with other pressure.

Ignorance is bliss

I agree. That's why I like it.
    Can he pitch when there is something on the line? His immediate career and I presume finances are on the line but nothing for the team is on the line. If he can handle that pressure, he should be good with other pressure.
    if the yanks lose today and the bluejays win yanks might have to pitch cole on sunday to have any shot at the 2 seed in the division though if the yanks lose today and the blue jays win both their last 2 games the jays get the 2 seed in the division

When ever we wake up we are at risk for something more serious then pitching well.