Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I never thought much of this year once Syndergaard was lost, did not think they would make it far even if they made it. Once Stroman opted out I was like whatever.
    they were never winning the world series but to not make the playoffs when 8 teams from the nl do and to finish in last place is a disgrace regardless of what happened with stroman and thor

The 8th seed in each league has a 29-31 record. Pretty ridiculous.

Actually, it is even worse. In the AL, the Astros finished 29-31 but were in 2nd place, so they get the 6th seed.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 09-27-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Anybody know our draft position? Last I checked we were at 11

And there you have it. A Todd Frazier K to end the season. Lol. That's our Mets. See y'all next year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The 8th seed in each league has a 29-31 record. Pretty ridiculous.
    Ridiculous that if we won these last 3 games, we would have made the playoffs. Instead we lose all 3.

So with 10 games to go, the Mets go 3-7 when 6-4 would have been enough to make it.

****ing bum *** team.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    There are six teams with a worse record and four teams with the same record. In the NL alone, there are two teams worse and two other teams the same.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    So with 10 games to go, the Mets go 3-7 when 6-4 would have been enough to make it.

****ing bum *** team.
    Just never had the pitching horses. Not a surprising finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    http://www.tankathon.com/mlb

They pick 10th because last year they had a better record than the Angels, Rockies and Royals, but a worst record than the Nationals.

So while all those teams had identical records, the team with the worst record the year before goes first and so on.

This week reminds me a little of 1998 when they list their last five games to miss the wildcard by a game. The good news is they made the post-season in 1999 and World Series in 2000.

Last series of year Mets vs. Nats

http://www.tankathon.com/mlb

They pick 10th because last year they had a better record than the Angels, Rockies and Royals, but a worst record than the Nationals.

So while all those teams had identical records, the team with the worst record the year before goes first and so on.
    ESPN has us 8th, but I am sure your info is correct.

Never watched a full game all season. Last time that happened you have to go back to 1967. I was 7 years old and didn't even know the Mets were a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    ESPN has us 8th, but I am sure your info is correct.

“In a normal year as soon as the regular season ends, the draft order for the following year's draft is fully known.

But nothing has been normal in 2020, and the draft order is yet another item affected by this unusual year. Because the 2020 MLB season was only 60 games long, 102 games short of a normal season, the agreement between Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association allows MLB commissioner Rob Manfred to set the draft order.

But because the season did run to the completion of the regular season, the general belief, as first reported by ESPN's Jeff Passan, is that the draft order will be compiled in the normal fashion—lined up in order from worst record to best. The 60-game season meant there were more ties in winning percentage than normal. If MLB follows the same tiebreakers as it has normally, the team with a worse record in 2019 gets the advantage in breaking ties for draft order.

With a 16-team playoff, it is possible MLB could alter its system in ways we do not yet know, but for now, this is the best estimate of how the 2021 MLB Draft order will sort out.”

Baseball America

I guess MLB may decide to change things after all but for now the Mets spot is 10th.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567