Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    My only concern about bringing Sandy back is that it is a signal to other owners that Cohen might have a more conservative approach to FA than maybe some fans might like. I just hope that they spend in the areas they need. This is no time for austerity from this team. They need to bring in a few pieces to make themselves a real contender. They can't nickel and dime at C, CF and pitching (RP & SP).
    I can see the Mets acquiring5 at 2 of these 3: Springer; Realamuto; and Bauer.

And get Trienen and/or Hendricks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Springer is more of a RF now.

If your going to pay him big, then will they also pay Conforto?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    So in function he's replacing Jeff Wilpon, which is the awesomest sentence anyone's ever spoken. So that's a win.

I only hope this means Brody's immediate exit, rather than letting him hang on for a season in a Lame Duck capacity, which sometimes happens.
    Most likely they'll all be exiting the second they get the 23 approval. Looks like Cohen is setting up now so that he can hit the ground running as soon as the vote goes to YES.

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Brodie is gone. Rojas might stay for another season.
    I can't see why not. First year manager on a lame duck season where players opted out. Has he made some bad choices? Yes, but what first year manager hasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    So in function he's replacing Jeff Wilpon, which is the awesomest sentence anyone's ever spoken. So that's a win.

I only hope this means Brody's immediate exit, rather than letting him hang on for a season in a Lame Duck capacity, which sometimes happens.
    I can picture Jeff right now on the floor banging his hands and feet and crying "Wahhh wahhh Daddy how could you sell???? This was my team!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Springer is more of a RF now.

If your going to pay him big, then will they also pay Conforto?
    I know you have been conditioned that this team is cheap, but the Wilpons are no longer the owners.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

But are they going to pay both and a catcher and two staring pitchers?

Not to mention relievers?

But are they going to pay both and a catcher and two staring pitchers?

Not to mention relievers?
    The Mets have roughly 61 million coming off the books.
    Lowrie, Wacha, Porcello, Cespedes, Stroman, Ramos & Marisnick
    for a combined fWAR of 2.0

40 million for 2 of Bauer, Springer or Realamuto.
    20 million to spend on relievers.

I know Sandy is not known as a huge spender in FA but letís not forget he had literally no resources to work with his first few seasons. He practically had a 20 dollar budget 😂. Also our farm system was god awful back then so it was right to concentrate on accumulating young talent and not losing draft picks. With Cohen owning the team I donít think he will be constrained

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Mets have roughly 61 million coming off the books.
    Lowrie, Wacha, Porcello, Cespedes, Stroman, Ramos & Marisnick
    for a combined fWAR of 2.0

40 million for 2 of Bauer, Springer or Realamuto.
    20 million to spend on relievers.
    And Conforto and Syndergaard?

And how about another starter because they donít have the guys within to step in and fill the 3 holes they have to fill, 2 if you keep Lugo there.

Syndergaard wonít be back till July.

Team am sure the Mets will spend, but considering not just annual what that 60 million would be, will they be willing to do multiple 5+ year deals? On top of at least 3 year deals to relievers?

Then pay their top 2 free agents to be?

How about the raise in pay to their younger guys?

And Conforto and Syndergaard?

And how about another starter because they donít have the guys within to step in and fill the 3 holes they have to fill, 2 if you keep Lugo there.

Syndergaard wonít be back till July.

Team am sure the Mets will spend, but considering not just annual what that 60 million would be, will they be willing to do multiple 5+ year deals? On top of at least 3 year deals to relievers?

Then pay their top 2 free agents to be?

How about the raise in pay to their younger guys?
    Sandy never cared about defense so I can see him making a push for Springer. He wanted him in the year they drafted Nimmo. I dont understand the move to be honest. If they want to be all offense, go get LaMahieu. I can't see Alderson going on a spending spree in FA either. I dont think that's in his DNA. He's more methodical. I can see him signing one big FA and maybe piece mealing the rest of the roster together with 2nd and 3rd tier FA. Maybe making a trade or two as well.

Obviously Cohen and Sandy share a personal relationship and Steve presumably likes Alderson's long term vision for the franchise . It is about young players in this league but I don't know what that says about more immediate results.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-24-2020 at 04:31 PM.

I hope Sandy does not have the same **** defense mentality that he did before because that **** does not work and it cost them in the WS and has cost them games up the *** many times.

They actually have a SS who can be a plus defender, they need a plus defender at catcher and at centerfield if your going to live with mediocre to below average defenders everywhere else.

As bad as the staff has been is not always their fault, this ****ing team stays giving other teams extra outs game in and mage out.

I hope Sandy does not have the same **** defense mentality that he did before because that **** does not work and it cost them in the WS and has cost them games up the *** many times.

They actually have a SS who can be a plus defender, they need a plus defender at catcher and at centerfield if your going to live with mediocre to below average defenders everywhere else.
    He might. His teams in Oakland were always offensively driven and it didn't change much with the Mets. This team clearly sacrificed defense for offense during his tenure here. That's why I could see him bringing in Springer to play CF. I would rather have Realmuto than Springer. They need SP more than anything. This team can win with this offense as it is. They can't win with this SP. You need a reliable TORP after deGrom with Syndergaard out till the summer and the uncertainty around bringing back Stroman.

And you're right, bad defense ****s this team. Even deGrom isn't immune to it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-24-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast