Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Next Years Team

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Heíll likely win a Cy Young 1 day, but weíre in a win now mode. Canít wait for Big Pelf to develop

Same way we traded Dotel and Cedeno for Hampton just a few years ago
    Yeah, Hampton. In hindsight, those superior Denver schools worked out well for us. They brought us David Wright, the proud papa of Brooks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And give up more assets which they donít have much of?
    They are looking to shed salary.

And heís pretty good.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

They not giving him away though.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They are looking to shed salary.

And heís pretty good.
    There is no reason to trade for a SP when there are plenty of solid SP available in FA. You talk about it being a young man's game but you want to trade young assets for a 33 year old SP.

Cohen has told associates, according to sources, he expects to lose about $400 million on the team in his first two years as the new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is the single greatest moment I've read so far this year. First time in who knows how many years I'm really excited!

Maybe I'll get a third World Series or more and many other posters their first........

Lets Go Mets......OOOOOH!!!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Cohen has told associates, according to sources, he expects to lose about $400 million on the team in his first two years as the new owner.
    Wow what a ****ing BOSS!

You know heís going to do his best to turn this **** around. You gotta really love the Mets to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Wow what a ****ing BOSS!

You know heís going to do his best to turn this **** around. You gotta really love the Mets to do this.
    The only other person I know who could lose $400 million and not blink is my good buddy FOC .I know that he was initially serious about putting in a bid for The Mets but instead he is focused now on buying the Real Madrid Soccer team and relocating them to Flushing Queens .

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    The only other person I know who could lose $400 million and not blink is my good buddy FOC .I know that he was initially serious about putting in a bid for The Mets but instead he is focused now on buying the Real Madrid Soccer team and relocating them to Flushing Queens .
    He's crafty like that. Though I think he wanted to be Owner/Player and the Commissioner would not allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Wow what a ****ing BOSS!

Either that or he is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Either that or he is nuts.
    He knows long term he will make his money back. Professional sports teams are not a money losing acquisition. They only are when owners involve themselves with ponzi schemers and take out tremendous debt they can't afford to pay back.

Cohen doesn't have those problems. You dont become a billionaire 14 times over by making bad business decisions.

I think Cohen will make smart decisions based on expert opinions and data. However I'm curious how much he'll rely upon his gut, or need to make a splash simply to send the right signal, with his first move or moves. I'm specifically curious about Realmuto. There's a good data-driven article about him and the way in which catchers decline in relation to age in today's Athletic. As much as I'd love the guy for a few years I can't help but think, and it's reinforced by the numbers in the article, that whoever signs him will regret it for the second half of his contract at least.

What I think may happen is he offers a lot of money for shorter amount of years.

5/150

2021 Mets Prediction

I see a lot of Mets predicting Bauer, Realmuto and/or Springer. The 3 best players at the 3 position of need. In these uncertain times, without knowing whether fans will be in attendance, it would be absolutely insane to go out and guarantee approximately $225 million to 3 players (and thatís only if Bauer really only signs for 1 year). I donít care who the new owner is. Rather than be impulsive and spend foolishly, why not improve those positions while using their head.

Trade: Brandon Nimmo, 3B prospect Mark Vientos and IF prospect William Lugo to Royals for C - Salvador Perez and RHP Josh Staumont.

Trade: JD Davis and RHP prospect Joshua Carnielly to Texas for RHP - Lance Lynn.

Re-sign: LHP Justin Wilson 2 yrs/$15M, 3B Todd Frazier 1 yr/$3M

Free Agents:
    RHP - Jake Odorizzi 3yrs/$52.5M,
    CF - Kevin Pillar 3yrs/$30M
    3B - Marwin Gonzalez 2 yrs/$17M
    OF - Domingo Santana 1 yr/$1.5M

The roster would look like this:
    C - Salvador Perez
    1B - Dom Smith
    2B - Robinson Cano
    3B - Marwin Gonzalez
    SS - Amed Rosario/Andres Giminez
    LF - Jeff McNeil
    CF - Kevin Pillar
    RF - Michael Conforto
    DH - Pete Alonso

Bench:
    C - Tomas Nido
    SS - Rosario/Giminez
    3B - Todd Frazier
    OF - Domingo Santana
    OF - Guillermo Heredia

Pitching:
    SP - Jacob DeGrom
    SP - Lance Lynn
    SP - Jake Odorizzi
    SP - David Peterson
    SP - Steven Matz

RP - Franklyn Kilome
    RP - Drew Smith
    RP - Miguel Castro
    RP - Justin Wilson
    RP - Josh Staumont
    RP - Dellin Betances
    RP - Jeurys Familia
    RP - Seth Lugo
    RP - Edwin Diaz

This team is way better defensively and way more versatile. The staff will also get Syndergaard back in June, giving them 5-6 starters headed into the summer.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast