Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 139

Thread: Next Years Team

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,388
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiders4Life View Post
    I see a lot of Mets predicting Bauer, Realmuto and/or Springer. The 3 best players at the 3 position of need. In these uncertain times, without knowing whether fans will be in attendance, it would be absolutely insane to go out and guarantee approximately $225 million to 3 players (and thatís only if Bauer really only signs for 1 year). I donít care who the new owner is. Rather than be impulsive and spend foolishly, why not improve those positions while using their head.

    Trade: Brandon Nimmo, 3B prospect Mark Vientos and IF prospect William Lugo to Royals for C - Salvador Perez and RHP Josh Staumont.

    Trade: JD Davis and RHP prospect Joshua Carnielly to Texas for RHP - Lance Lynn.

    Re-sign: LHP Justin Wilson 2 yrs/$15M, 3B Todd Frazier 1 yr/$3M

    Free Agents:
    RHP - Jake Odorizzi 3yrs/$52.5M,
    CF - Kevin Pillar 3yrs/$30M
    3B - Marwin Gonzalez 2 yrs/$17M
    OF - Domingo Santana 1 yr/$1.5M

    The roster would look like this:
    C - Salvador Perez
    1B - Dom Smith
    2B - Robinson Cano
    3B - Marwin Gonzalez
    SS - Amed Rosario/Andres Giminez
    LF - Jeff McNeil
    CF - Kevin Pillar
    RF - Michael Conforto
    DH - Pete Alonso

    Bench:
    C - Tomas Nido
    SS - Rosario/Giminez
    3B - Todd Frazier
    OF - Domingo Santana
    OF - Guillermo Heredia

    Pitching:
    SP - Jacob DeGrom
    SP - Lance Lynn
    SP - Jake Odorizzi
    SP - David Peterson
    SP - Steven Matz

    RP - Franklyn Kilome
    RP - Drew Smith
    RP - Miguel Castro
    RP - Justin Wilson
    RP - Josh Staumont
    RP - Dellin Betances
    RP - Jeurys Familia
    RP - Seth Lugo
    RP - Edwin Diaz

    This team is way better defensively and way more versatile. The staff will also get Syndergaard back in June, giving them 5-6 starters headed into the summer.
    Both of those trades are awful, respectfully. Why would you unload assets for a less valuable 30 year old catcher when you can acquire the best one for just money?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    What I think may happen is he offers a lot of money for shorter amount of years.

    5/150
    Fine with that. I just don't want them paying a 36 year old C 20+mil/yr.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,684
    I hope the Mets invest in some pitching depth, making the team more athletic and deeper ala the Braves and Rays.

    The sexy signing is Realmuto, but he is not necessary. The Fills have both he and Harper, where did that get them?

    I've been saying this for years here and it's just common baseball sense. Teams that have the SP/BP depth, includes the farm, solid defense, and timely hitting sustain winning.

    Geez, the Rays have only two players on their team that I've heard of, rest are no-names, remind me a bit of the '15 Royals. They're built from the bottom up with timely trades added. Damn, look at the Braves, Siroka (IL most of the years), arguably their best pitcher and they're about to become the NL Champs.

    Braves and Rays - What a WS match! Dodgers with all their cash and flash, like the Yanks will be *****ing while they watch the series on TV.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 10-16-2020 at 03:39 AM.

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    302
    The reason to get Realmuto is not just for his hitting, but that he will help the pitchers.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The reason to get Realmuto is not just for his hitting, but that he will help the pitchers.
    And the overall D.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,162

    Next Years Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The reason to get Realmuto is not just for his hitting, but that he will help the pitchers.
    Exactly. Weíll finally be able to control the running game better. Heís just a massive upgrade from Ramos in every aspect.

    Ramos is the slowest player in MLB while JT has above average speed. This especially shows where 3.4% of Ramos ABs end with GDP over the last two seasons while only 2.1% of JTís ABs end with GDP.

    JT has scored 125 runs while Ramos only 65 in the last two seasons. Obviously some of that is lineup dependent and JT playing more, but a lot of it comes down to how they run the bases as well.

    JT is a MUCH better pitch framer which will help steal more strikes for our pitchers and itís not even close how much better he is at blocking balls in the dirt. Heís a tremendous athlete back there while Ramos is a statue who backhands far too often to try and make up for his lack of lateral agility and reflexes.

    So all that is before we even compare them with the bat, and itís obvious that JT is superior there as well. There isnít a bigger upgrade we could make to this team. But of course we need to get pitching too.

    Now that Cohen is here, this shouldnít be an ďeither orĒ situation. I donít expect to sign every top FA, but we need to fully address our needs for once, and I expect that Cohen will come through.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-16-2020 at 06:17 PM.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,684
    If Cohen spends monopoly money on JT, he's not using his assets wisely. Invest in pitching, more pitching, and even more pitching, defense and clutching hitting.

    JT is the sexy move, I agree, but not the wisest. Granted I'd like him, but he is not a critical free agent signing.

    See what Tampa Bay just did.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 10-18-2020 at 01:16 AM.

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    If Cohen spends monopoly money on JT, he's not using his assets wisely. Invest in pitching, more pitching, and even more pitching, defense and clutching hitting.

    JT is the sexy move, I agree, but not the wisest. Granted I'd like him, but he is not a critical free agent signing.

    See what Tampa Bay just did.
    Why canít we do both?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    The only other person I know who could lose $400 million and not blink is my good buddy FOC .I know that he was initially serious about putting in a bid for The Mets but instead he is focused now on buying the Real Madrid Soccer team and relocating them to Flushing Queens .
    Hell, I tip more than that at the Shake Shack concession. Just don't ask me to pay for a parking space.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,684
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Why canít we do both?
    Sure we could, but is it the wisest move.

    Philly hasn't improved with him in the last two years and haven't made the playoffs.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,162

    Next Years Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Sure we could, but is it the wisest move.

    Philly hasn't improved with him in the last two years and haven't made the playoffs.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I donít think thatís a good way of looking at it.

    At the end of the day, heís still 1 player out of 26.

    That being said, the Phillies were 70-63 last season in games JT started and 24-21 in games he started this season. The Phillies finished 81-81 last season and 28-32 this season. That means they were 11-18 without him last year and 4-11 without him this year.

    Seems like he makes a huge impact.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-18-2020 at 11:43 PM.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,684
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I donít think thatís a good way of looking at it.

    At the end of the day, heís still 1 player out of 26.

    That being said, the Phillies were 70-63 last season in games JT started and 24-21 in games he started this season. The Phillies finished 81-81 last season and 28-32 this season. That means they were 11-18 without him last year and 4-11 without him this year.

    Seems like he makes a huge impact.
    I understand. Valid points.

    If Cohen wants to spend big, then he'll seriously consider it.

    Do it Omar!

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    If Cohen spends monopoly money on JT, he's not using his assets wisely. Invest in pitching, more pitching, and even more pitching, defense and clutching hitting.

    JT is the sexy move, I agree, but not the wisest. Granted I'd like him, but he is not a critical free agent signing.

    See what Tampa Bay just did.
    What did Tampa Bay do to get to the WS besides winning?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    If Cohen spends monopoly money on JT, he's not using his assets wisely. Invest in pitching, more pitching, and even more pitching, defense and clutching hitting.

    JT is the sexy move, I agree, but not the wisest. Granted I'd like him, but he is not a critical free agent signing.

    See what Tampa Bay just did.
    Paulie my good buddy, who would be your critical signing ?

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,941
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiders4Life View Post
    I see a lot of Mets predicting Bauer, Realmuto and/or Springer. The 3 best players at the 3 position of need. In these uncertain times, without knowing whether fans will be in attendance, it would be absolutely insane to go out and guarantee approximately $225 million to 3 players (and thatís only if Bauer really only signs for 1 year). I donít care who the new owner is. Rather than be impulsive and spend foolishly, why not improve those positions while using their head.

    Trade: Brandon Nimmo, 3B prospect Mark Vientos and IF prospect William Lugo to Royals for C - Salvador Perez and RHP Josh Staumont.

    Trade: JD Davis and RHP prospect Joshua Carnielly to Texas for RHP - Lance Lynn.

    Re-sign: LHP Justin Wilson 2 yrs/$15M, 3B Todd Frazier 1 yr/$3M

    Free Agents:
    RHP - Jake Odorizzi 3yrs/$52.5M,
    CF - Kevin Pillar 3yrs/$30M
    3B - Marwin Gonzalez 2 yrs/$17M
    OF - Domingo Santana 1 yr/$1.5M

    The roster would look like this:
    C - Salvador Perez
    1B - Dom Smith
    2B - Robinson Cano
    3B - Marwin Gonzalez
    SS - Amed Rosario/Andres Giminez
    LF - Jeff McNeil
    CF - Kevin Pillar
    RF - Michael Conforto
    DH - Pete Alonso

    Bench:
    C - Tomas Nido
    SS - Rosario/Giminez
    3B - Todd Frazier
    OF - Domingo Santana
    OF - Guillermo Heredia

    Pitching:
    SP - Jacob DeGrom
    SP - Lance Lynn
    SP - Jake Odorizzi
    SP - David Peterson
    SP - Steven Matz

    RP - Franklyn Kilome
    RP - Drew Smith
    RP - Miguel Castro
    RP - Justin Wilson
    RP - Josh Staumont
    RP - Dellin Betances
    RP - Jeurys Familia
    RP - Seth Lugo
    RP - Edwin Diaz

    This team is way better defensively and way more versatile. The staff will also get Syndergaard back in June, giving them 5-6 starters headed into the summer.
    No offense but that team sucks and likely misses the playoffs.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •