Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Years Team

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Cano makes up for his range with a strong arm, soft hands, and positioning. Heís not a liability there.

Move McNeil to 3B, Nimmo to LF, and sign Realmuto. Thatís a good enough defense for sure. Stroman gives up contact, but heís a GB guy.

Wheeler gave up the most contact heís ever given up this year and heís had the most success in doing so. You donít need to strike everyone out. This team simply needs quality, reliable arms in the rotation. I donít really care about the labels, whether heís a #2 or #3.
    An infielder who can't move laterally is a liability.

Yeah, moving McNeil to third doesn't mean you've solved the third base problem.

Wheeler has become a GB pitcher who has developed better command and better proclivity in limiting home runs. If Stroman can do that, then yeah you're cooking with fire. I'm all for quality arms. I just think they need a better defense before you can slot Stroman in after deGrom. Truthfully, I think the Mets need an upgrade after deGrom that's not Stroman.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Wheeler has become a GB pitcher who has developed better command and better proclivity in limiting home runs. If Stroman can do that, then yeah you're cooking with fire. I'm all for quality arms. I just think they need a better defense before you can slot Stroman in after deGrom. Truthfully, I think the Mets need an upgrade after deGrom that's not Stroman.
    Who would you suggest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No QO this year I belief.
    Well that sucks. Time to sign everyone!

Last edited by Claymation; 10-06-2020 at 01:21 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Who would you suggest ?
    I mean the only TORP available is Bauer so I would make him my number #1 priority. If they can't land him, you then have to target multiple SP in FA. I don't see the Rays re-signing Morton. I wanted him 2 years ago when the Mets passed on him.

I would definitely take a flier on Kluber.

Paxton, Walker, Gausman, Richards. There are guys out there. Its an obvious drop off after Bauer though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Who would you suggest ?
    Lance Lynn should be a target, teams are going to look at unloading salary. In steps in the Mets.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Iím also not thrilled at the thought of having stro as the two. Bauer or trade for a real top end guy with our position player depth. Catcher and CF are issues but the reason they are home is the pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroman is already a GB guy who doesnít give up many HRs.

Stroman is already a GB guy who doesnít give up many HRs.
    Not to the extent Wheeler has limited the long ball. 7.5% HR/FB ratio. He would have to bring it down to that level to be as good.

Not to the extent Wheeler has limited the long ball. 7.5% HR/FB ratio. He would have to bring it down to that level to be as good.
    Doubt Wheeler can do that over a full season.

Doubt Wheeler can do that over a full season.
    Probably.

Probably.
    Probably he can?

Also Stroman has never allowed over 0.94 HR/9.

Probably he can?

Also Stroman has never allowed over 0.94 HR/9.
    No I was agreeing with you.

No I was agreeing with you.
    Oh gotcha

McNeill is not good at 3B. He should split his time in the corner OF and backing up Cano at 2B. I can live with Nimmo in CF part of the time. I think catcher and the rotation need more immediate attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Iím also not thrilled at the thought of having stro as the two. Bauer or trade for a real top end guy with our position player depth. Catcher and CF are issues but the reason they are home is the pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What team will trade a top end guy ? What top end guy do you want and wht are you willing to give up ? Would you trade Pete Alonso ? Michael Conforto ?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast