Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Years Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Iíll say he goes to the Angels.
    I agree

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Stroman is kind of a must resign.

Taijuan Walker would be my next choice only 28 and had a good season.

I would like a 1 year deal for Cory Klubber see if he has anything left.

James Paxton on a one year deal to establish himself again could be possibility, would not make any long term commitment for him though.

Tanaka would be a guy I look at but I think he stays a Yankee.

After that you have to like take chances on guys like Mike Minor, Jose Quintana and a few others who had bad years in 2020.
    Agreed on bringing Stroman back.

I also think Gausman would be a great add. I really wanted him in the offseason and last season looks like an anomaly for him (he had great peripherals though including a career best K%) as he was a solid and durable #3 before 2019. This season he has performed against a stacked offensive division. Heís also just 29 years old still and turning 30 in January.

deGrom
    Syndergaard
    Stroman
    Gausman
    Peterson

I would much prefer that than signing just Bauer TBH. Then I would grab Realmuto and backend pen arm like Brad Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agreed on bringing Stroman back.

I also think Gausman would be a great add. I really wanted him in the offseason and last season looks like an anomaly for him (he had great peripherals though including a career best K%) as he was a solid and durable #3 before 2019. This season he has performed against a stacked offensive division. Heís also just 29 years old still and turning 30 in January.

deGrom
    Syndergaard
    Stroman
    Gausman
    Peterson

I would much prefer that than signing just Bauer TBH. Then I would grab Realmuto and backend pen arm like Brad Hand.
    I like it but will need further depth for the rotation because who knows when Noah will be back. If heís not going to be back till mid season are we comfortable with stroman as the 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Years Team

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I like it but will need further depth for the rotation because who knows when Noah will be back. If heís not going to be back till mid season are we comfortable with stroman as the 2?

Maybe just keep Lugo in the rotation until Syndergaard comes back. Iím good with Stroman as our #2 either way.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-04-2020 at 09:51 PM.

They better improve the defense if Stroman is our #2 SP. He's a pitch to contact type guy and the Mets defense isn't good. I dont like Stroman as the number 2 anyways. You need a better horse behind deGrom.

Get Bauer and Stroman just for the insane amounts of media hatred and hilarious tweets...a productive Syndergaard would likely have a chip on his shoulder too, in regards to his personality.

deGrom-Bauer-Stroman-Syndergaard-Peterson would be such a funny rotation to listen to in off the field skits and whatnot. For that reason alone, Omar has to make it happen.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Next Years Team

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They better improve the defense if Stroman is our #2 SP. He's a pitch to contact type guy and the Mets defense isn't good. I dont like Stroman as the number 2 anyways. You need a better horse behind deGrom.
    The infield defense is definitely improved enough with Gimenez. McNeilís been a better outfielder than 3rd baseman, but McNeil is still solid with enough reps 3B. We should shop JD and Rosario for a CF.

Stroman and Gausman are good pieces in any rotation and we have Peterson at the end and Syndergaard coming back midseason.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-04-2020 at 11:10 PM.

The infield defense is definitely improved enough with Gimenez. McNeilís been a better outfielder than 3rd baseman, but McNeil is still solid with enough reps 3B. We should shop JD and Rosario for a CF.

Stroman and Gausman are good pieces in any rotation and we have Peterson at the end and Syndergaard coming back midseason.
    Why give up players for a CF when you can sign Jackie Bradley Jr to play CF ?. I know you don't think that Springer is a CF any longer but he would be an up-grade for Nimmo . You could also re-sign Marisnick with Springer.

Hopefully there will be a 162 game season next year and in order to win you need depth, so trading away two players who give you that when you can sign a CF in FA just makes no sense.

We only saw Gimenez in a 60 game season so let's not crown him the next Luis Aparicio or Ozzie Smith just yet.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 10-05-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Agreed about Stroman and D, but they should improve the D no matter what. They definitely loses games because of their poor D.

Stroman is a no go, offer a QO and let him turn it down. He's not worth the money.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why give up players for a CF when you can sign Jackie Bradley Jr to play CF ?. I know you don't think that Springer is a CF any longer but he would be an up-grade for Nimmo . You could also re-sign Marisnick with Springer.

Hopefully there will be a 162 game season next year and in order to win you need depth, so trading away two players who give you that when you can sign a CF in FA just makes no sense.

We only saw Gimenez in a 60 game season so let's not crown him the next Luis Aparicio or Ozzie Smith just yet.
    Gimenez was by far, the best defensive player on this team.

Iíll take him over Rosario without looking back. Even if the dude is a below average hitter, having plus defense at shortstop is super valuable.

Rosario should be traded for a center fielder or a pitcher imo.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Stroman is a no go, offer a QO and let him turn it down. He's not worth the money.
    No QO this year I belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    How much you think heís getting?

Alonso is a mediocre defender. Cano has hardly any range. You need to upgrade the catcher position defensively. We don't know what 3rd base will look like and the OF defense isn't good besides Conforto. As much as we like Dom's bat, he's not what i would call a good defender in LF. Nimmo is not an everyday CFer either. We might have to consider trading one of those guys as well. Not just moving Davis and/or Rosario.

This is a bad defensive team. I'm not sold on Stroman as a #2 SP with how much contact he pitches to. If you tell me he's your #3 SP until Syndergaard comes back, fine but I really do think the Mets need another TORP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Next Years Team

Alonso is a mediocre defender. Cano has hardly any range. You need to upgrade the catcher position defensively. We don't know what 3rd base will look like and the OF defense isn't good besides Conforto. As much as we like Dom's bat, he's not a LF. Nimmo is not an everyday CFer either. We might have to consider trading one of those guys as well. Not just moving Davis and/or Rosario.

This is a bad defensive team. I'm not sold on Stroman as a #2 SP with how much contact he pitches to. If you tell me he's your #3 SP until Syndergaard comes back, fine but I really do think the Mets need another TORP.
    Cano makes up for his range with a strong arm, soft hands, and positioning. Heís not a liability there.

Move McNeil to 3B, Nimmo to LF, and sign Realmuto. Thatís a good enough defense for sure. Stroman gives up contact, but heís a GB guy.

Wheeler gave up the most contact heís ever given up this year and heís had the most success in doing so. You donít need to strike everyone out. This team simply needs quality, reliable arms in the rotation. I donít really care about the labels, whether heís a #2 or #3.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast