Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And how about miles gaskins! I loved him when we drafted him but wasnt sure if he could handle the physicality.

Hes shown he can.

I love the way we use him, hes so quick, and sharp with his movements. We havent used a rb like this really ever.

He may not be a superstar, but hes def a guy defenses have to account for now.

Also, notice no one is talking about how bad the oline is for once?
    Kindley and austin have been phenominal, grier may have really knocked it out the park this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Also, notice no one is talking about how bad the oline is for once?
    Kindley and austin have been phenominal, grier may have really knocked it out the park this draft.
    So far Jackson is really good for us. better than expected. Kindley is on another level as a 4th rounder. If we hit on just 2/3 of the OL we drafted in Jackson, Hunt and Kindley, it would be somewhat amazing. but i think Grier just had so much ammunition, that he had the rate of failure in his favor for this draft.

But this draft is only a success if Tua hits. if Tua flames out ala Trubisky or Rosen, then this draft fails.

Jackson has good, but still has habits to clean up. But holy **** the small amount of progress he's made in this crazy offseason is amazing. The guy doesn't have to be Tunsil in this scheme. Just a good solid guy that can be consistent.

Kindley on the other hand I think has already shown close to his peak, which is fine. The guy just plays with so much power and knows how to anchor in pass protection. I dont think there are many guys that will physically overwhelm him. The only reason I dont think he has much room to grow is because I dont know how you fix the weaknesses. He just doesn't have the athleticism to pull well and his arms are just a little short that will let some bigger guys get in on him.

These two picks have been incredible, and its crazy that the pick I feel like has the most upside is still Robert Hunt. Considering the progress the other two have made makes me feel good about Hunts progress. Just give me a monster center and this oline can crush people.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jackson has good, but still has habits to clean up. But holy **** the small amount of progress he's made in this crazy offseason is amazing. The guy doesn't have to be Tunsil in this scheme. Just a good solid guy that can be consistent.

Kindley on the other hand I think has already shown close to his peak, which is fine. The guy just plays with so much power and knows how to anchor in pass protection. I dont think there are many guys that will physically overwhelm him. The only reason I dont think he has much room to grow is because I dont know how you fix the weaknesses. He just doesn't have the athleticism to pull well and his arms are just a little short that will let some bigger guys get in on him.

These two picks have been incredible, and its crazy that the pick I feel like has the most upside is still Robert Hunt. Considering the progress the other two have made makes me feel good about Hunts progress. Just give me a monster center and this oline can crush people.
    we'd have to trade back into the 1st rd next year to try and get Creed Humphrey if he falls to the 20's. I agree, a stud OC makes a world of difference for an OL. When Pouncey was healthy, he made our OL respectable. Karras has been good for the contract he got. I have no qualms about Karras. But if we somehow traded back into the 1st and got someone of Humphrey's caliber, our OL would/could become one of the better units in the NFL.

I'm a little worried about Hunt. I still think his future is at OG. I'm not sure where he is on progressing really. he is only used as a FB/extra OG in goal line plays right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123