Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I dont really care about anything in the second half. The team knew they had the win halfway through the 3rd. Immediately went to prevent defense and running out the clock. I really didn't like anything about it, because I had no faith that they would actually keep the lead, but I dont blame them for playing it safe.

The first half defense, although it ended up fine, felt more like the Jags beating themselves than us stopping them. But it was improvement nonetheless. This Jags team played well against two playoff caliber teams so you have to be happy that you really only gave up 7 points before you started playing the clock. Seeing some actual pass rush was fun, but most teams can get a few sacks when they're up a few scores. Although AVG needs to get more snaps.

Offense was good but I still think it has a low ceiling. The run game is fine, but it feels like 2018 with Frank Gore again. We won't be an embarrassment, but I dont think we can run the ball at will. Have to get Davis and Karras out and give Jackson time to put on some muscle. But its obviously hopeful for the future. And then passing game is in the same spot as last year. I like the scheme from Gailey so far but he just doesn't have the players. This offense needs DVP and Geiscki to play well or it fails. Williams was nonexistent outside of the TD, Grant just doesn't get on the field and Ford is very limited.

I like where the offense is heading but just needs a few more pieces. Next year should be fun.
    Our run game is not as good as it should be. We made it a purpose to go out and get HUnt and Kindley in the draft, and sign Flowers in FA, to help the run game. But its seems unspectacular. I agree with Davis . . . He is doing well in pass protection, but his run blocking is not good. But Hunt clearly is not ready for the RT position yet. I actually like Karras. He's performing about as I'd expect, maybe a little better.

They need to give some of Gaskin's snaps to Breida. Breida is a pure-bred speed demon at RB . . .got to let that pony run!! forget in-between the tackles with him. Get him to the outside and let him burn people. more receiving targets too. Howard is a lost cause. Bad signing in retrospect.

I agree its clear we need another alpha WR alongside Parker. But I love Parker playing through the hamstring injury. He has never done that prior to Flores. Great to see. If that means we try to go get Chase in the draft, then so be it. DVP, Chase and Gesicki . . . with Tua? yummy.

Hypothetical question, after watching last nights game . . . who would you rather take (should you have the option at all three) Sewell, Chase or Parsons? All are big needs. For me, I'd snag Sewell and call the OT position a day for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Our run game is not as good as it should be. We made it a purpose to go out and get HUnt and Kindley in the draft, and sign Flowers in FA, to help the run game. But its seems unspectacular. I agree with Davis . . . He is doing well in pass protection, but his run blocking is not good. But Hunt clearly is not ready for the RT position yet. I actually like Karras. He's performing about as I'd expect, maybe a little better.

They need to give some of Gaskin's snaps to Breida. Breida is a pure-bred speed demon at RB . . .got to let that pony run!! forget in-between the tackles with him. Get him to the outside and let him burn people. more receiving targets too. Howard is a lost cause. Bad signing in retrospect.

I agree its clear we need another alpha WR alongside Parker. But I love Parker playing through the hamstring injury. He has never done that prior to Flores. Great to see. If that means we try to go get Chase in the draft, then so be it. DVP, Chase and Gesicki . . . with Tua? yummy.

Hypothetical question, after watching last nights game . . . who would you rather take (should you have the option at all three) Sewell, Chase or Parsons? All are big needs. For me, I'd snag Sewell and call the OT position a day for the next decade.
    #3 I'd take Sewell hands down. But I do hate the idea of moving a left tackle in Jackson to the right side. In theory I love it but easier said than done.

I thought X looked like he was saying he was fine to another player passing him by on the bench after he grabbed his leg.
    BTW Iggy just looks lost to me. Hopefully he is just learning his responsibilities, but even man to man he looks lost playing NFL guys at times. Hopefully just learning the speed of the game. Lot of hopefully with him...

Howard looks like that guy we signed years ago (Lamar Gordon?). He always ran like he was afraid of getting hurt. Didn't really hit the line hard. Howard looks like he is going down even before contact. I feel bad for the equipment manager wasting his time each week to lay out his jersey and gear.

Geisike appears to be for real. Not sure how many catches he had yesterday but he can catch anything while covered. If Parker heals up, we have a couple of nice big targets. Hopefully Preston breaks out later this year. I agree, we are missing something at receiver and it is what Grant was supposed to be. We need an elusive speed guy who gets YAC and is a home run threat to compliment our big targets.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 09-25-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Our D is missing one major thing still. Pass Rush and it shows. You can only cover for so long, and alot of times to create pressure we have to blitz thus leaving less guys to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

As much as I'm kinda talking down about the rushing offense, but I cannot stress how excited I am about it in the future. The most important thing is that I think the scheme and coaching are in place and it will only get better. Kindley and Jackson will only get better with time. Hunt will obviously replace Davis in time, just maybe not this year. And if you add a good Center to that OG tandem I think you'll see a monster run game. Karras hasn't been bad, but the center is so important to this scheme and he just doesn't have the strength to really move people. You can see it on the goal line stops that he can be overwhelmed at times. But its ridiculous to think the oline would be crazy good in one year. The important thing is that we have the coaches, scheme, and it seems like 4 out of the 5 players in place.

I've actually been more impressed with DVP this year so far. Hes obviously struggling with the hamstring, but hes still able to put up consistent numbers. Once he can jump again he'll look good. But you just need one or two more guys that can consistent create separation. My dream scenario is that we have a similar draft to the Broncos. Double down and get two good WRs, add a strong center and maybe draft a RB instead of signing a guy like Gordon.

I think Parsons is the missing piece to this defense. Theres just no real edge threat this year, so get the guy who has shown to be a freak at blitzing while also being a freak in the run game. If it were me I'm taking Parsons or Chase and thats it, but it would be tough to pass on Sewell.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

After next week, we go on an 8 game run where pretty much every game is winnable.

If we can somehow steal one against seattle, we have a shot to really run up the wins.

Obviously were not good enough to count any week as a win, but if we can hit our stride at the right time and really pull it together, we have a good shot at being right in the mix of a playoff race.

Hou 0-3, that pick looking like it could be a lock for top 10.

Guys I think we're about to see a rough few years of the AFC East actually being really good. MVP Cam is back, Josh Allen has finally developed, and the Jets are the favorites to get Trevor.

Tua better hit lol

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Guys I think we're about to see a rough few years of the AFC East actually being really good. MVP Cam is back, Josh Allen has finally developed, and the Jets are the favorites to get Trevor.

Tua better hit lol
    I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. Cam will not last forever but Tua will likely have to battle with the other 2 for years to come. Or Lawrence will realize the jets are run like a bad joke and leave after his rookie contract is up.
    Unless the jets take a punter #1 overall. It could happen.

I'm praying the Jets go full Jets and hire a coach who is sold on Darnold. But that probably means they trade the pick for a kings ransom.

I hate saying it boys, but we need to root for a few Jets wins. Just like 4 or 5.

Btw just write off next week. Our only hope is that the Seahawks struggle with the travel. Otherwise Russ is going to kill us.

It just our luck that we begin to build a modern day defense that can shut down the pass, and our division ends up with the 2 biggest most athletic running qbs in the nfl.

Smh

The bright side is a lot of people thought we were bad for losing 2 in a row to them, but really, those are 2 of the best teams in the league.

The downside is we still have to face both of them again.

The new era of the running qb is a nightmare for the nfl, its unstoppable.

I was able to watch most of that BUF/LAR game, and Allen is still making dumb mental errors. the kid has a cannon and is quick, but he lacks pocket presence and holds the ball far too long. If it weren't for a joke of a PI call, BUF would have lost that game. Both LAR and MIA put up points on them, and both almost came back to win the game. BUF is not as great as people make them out to be. I think they still win the AFCE this year though, hands down.

Cam is playing for his last big money contract, and it ain't coming in NE. He is going to get $25-30M per year somewhere, and his camp is not stupid enough to be low balled by NE. He'll be gone after this year, if he doesn't get hurt again. They are going to run him into the ground.

NYJ is the worst team in the NFL, but so was MIA last year. some other team will always try to out-suck another team. But could either Lawrence or Fields end up in NY? Sure. But think about the match-ups that would lend to . . . Tua vs. Lawrence x2 a year, Allen vs. Tua x2 a year.

Our team is being built right. We finally have hope on the OL. Our CBs can be an elite duo (if healthy together). We have a franchise QB in Tua. Good coaching. Tons of draft capital. Mostly good contracts on a young roster. We'll be doing just fine in a year or two.

Also, the Phins can certainly sneak a win out vs. SEA. SEA secondary is hot garbage, and if Fitz plays the way he did against JAC, they can steal the game. They'll probably play more zone again (if Byron is still out) and try to limit Metcalf and Lockett on deep attempts.

We were tanking last year, but we at least had a few strengths to build upon and decent coaching. The Jets look like an organically terrible team with no real strengths and no coaching. Add that to the injuries and thats an easy 1-15 team. Have to hope they can just squeeze out a few wins like last year to ruin the draft stock.

LeVeon Bell returning will hopefully make them look a little better.

I rather Lawrence not end up on the jets, but I'm not too worried about either, if miami builds a good team and tua is healthy I think well be fine.

I still think tua is better than both burrow and lawrence.

We have a lot of young talent that's still developing, still have that hou 1st rnd pick too. Way more young talent than any team in the division.

Bills and Pats are worrisome, but both those qbs are taking way to many hits. Right now they are fine, but long term I dont think either will last.

I live in ny and jets fans still cant understand how gase got that HC job, I've never seen jets fanbase turn on a coach the way they did w him, he wont be there much longer.

Im pretty happy with where this franchise is at. Usually I dread games against a team/qb like russ and sea, but I think we have a shot to steal one here.

I know it's the jags but our defense really started to come on that game, oline looks solid too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast