Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 3: Miami Dolphins (0-2) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1)

#Dolphins CB Byron Jones (groin) won’t play Thursday vs. Jags. LB Elandon Roberts is no longer in concussion protocol and will return. Only DB Clayton Fejedelem (pec) is doubtful for Miami at Jacksonville.

Jaguars say K Josh Lambo (hip) and C Brandon Linder (knee) are OUT for Thursday's game against Miami. WR DJ Chark (chest/back) is questionable.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Strowbridge did not make the trip for an undisclosed reason. He wasn't on the injury report.

I think MIA has to get Breida going tonight. We traded for the kid, and are barely using him. He is our HR threat at RB, and he isn't even used that much in the screen game. Get Gaskin and Breida touches early, try to get a lead, and then let Howard pound the rock. time to get the run game going more.

As much as I want to see Williams do better, I also want to see more Ford. And Gesicki MUST remain a focal point of this offense. do not go away from him. make defenses pay attention to him to free up the screen game.

None of their WR deserve double coverage tonight, not with Chark a little banged up. I think we'll see a heavy dose of Conley and Shenault get targets. Hopefully Iggy stays in the slot and Needham plays opposite X on the exterior.

Need the dub

MIA 23
    JAC 20

I think Breida needs to be used quite a bit as well. Not for just winning this game put with all the rbs going down int he league, especially SF, he could be a trade piece before the deadline.

JAX WR DJ Chark has been downgraded to out. Hes easily their best WR but they've still got weapons. Laviska has been a stud so far and moved all over the place. Keelan Cole is able to get open and Eifert has been great. But our secondary absolutely should win this matchup.

Absolutely no excuse for their passing game to win the game for them. Im worried about the run game but you should be able to load the box. If the defense can't perform well in this game then it'll be a long season.

Jags WR core might be one of the deepest units they have but with him out Jones being hurt hurts a little less.

Great start by the offense, but holy **** our defense is hilariously bad.

Holy **** the all out blitz finally worked for Flo. I was expecting TD the moment I saw it called

Edit: lol and we don't capitalize. Even with the best offensive performance we've seen in years we can't get that back breaking drive.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-24-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Man X just looks off so far this season. You can tell he's not 100% yet. Theres just plays that you're used to seeing him make and he's not even close.

Our rushing offense is so much better this year, but I still don't think its one that can run when it needs to. These goal line possessions show that. Jackson needs a bit more strength, Jesse Davis has been poor, and I think the entire run game will be handicapped until you get a physical center

Welp, X gets the pick and ****s up his knee getting tackled.

Oline has looked really good.

And dline started off bad but pulled it together.

Very curious what's up w breida though, wonder if we traded for a washed up player or what.

I've liked gaskins since we drafted him, and like he we are using him, but breida is a monster, getting that 1-2 run combo with those 2 would be big for us down the stretch.

Nice game by the offense, okay game by the defense. I was surprised to see the soft zone look all game. But it worked . . . threw Minshew off his game. The passing yards he had mean nothing, as a lot was done in garbage time. Our rush defense is horrid! like, terrible. we need that nasty nose tackle . . . a 340-350lb monster to control the middle. Davis has the chance to be a good run stopper. also, the tackling was **** yet again.

I did not like to see Gailey slow the pace down in the 2nd half. I wanted to see some more forcefulness. Fitzpatrick had a amazing 1st half, and then they just let him go out and hand it off the rest of the game. Have to keep the foot on the pedal, especially on a nationally broadcast game. If Fitz is carving the defense up, stick with it. no point in being so balanced if the passing game is lights out. The OL was pretty decent again. Pleasantly surprised at the pass blocking, but the run game needs more from the OL.

all in all, a nice team win against an underrated Jags team

I dont really care about anything in the second half. The team knew they had the win halfway through the 3rd. Immediately went to prevent defense and running out the clock. I really didn't like anything about it, because I had no faith that they would actually keep the lead, but I dont blame them for playing it safe.

The first half defense, although it ended up fine, felt more like the Jags beating themselves than us stopping them. But it was improvement nonetheless. This Jags team played well against two playoff caliber teams so you have to be happy that you really only gave up 7 points before you started playing the clock. Seeing some actual pass rush was fun, but most teams can get a few sacks when they're up a few scores. Although AVG needs to get more snaps.

Offense was good but I still think it has a low ceiling. The run game is fine, but it feels like 2018 with Frank Gore again. We won't be an embarrassment, but I dont think we can run the ball at will. Have to get Davis and Karras out and give Jackson time to put on some muscle. But its obviously hopeful for the future. And then passing game is in the same spot as last year. I like the scheme from Gailey so far but he just doesn't have the players. This offense needs DVP and Geiscki to play well or it fails. Williams was nonexistent outside of the TD, Grant just doesn't get on the field and Ford is very limited.

I like where the offense is heading but just needs a few more pieces. Next year should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Welp, X gets the pick and ****s up his knee getting tackled.
    Quick update on this: Barry is saying its only a cramp. Good news considering he just tore his knee up getting tackled.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast