Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This makes no sense. First of the number of actual looters to peaceful protesters is minimal. It’s like any other news story; they focus on the thing on fire and ignore anything that doesn’t send viewers into a panic. The Portland protests are a few square blocks, but the media acts like the city is in ruins.

Second, and I’ve said it before, this is always the result when oppressed people are ignored. Labor movement, civil rights movement...when you state your case over and over, take it to the streets, demand change and are met with tear gas (or fire hoses and dogs or mass arrests) instead of being heard or taking action, yes looting and riots will occur. You can only ignore the problem for so long. People will fight back. They’ll throw tea into the harbor and they’ll burn down Target or whatever is there.
    First para……just a litt fir, just a few fires……and that's OK???

The riots and looting take b\place in "a few square blocks." I'm going out on a limb here but I bet you don't own a home, rent an apartment or own a business in those "few square blocks."

As I said…naivete to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Once an event has happened "thoughts and prayers" is most of what anyone can do regardless of party...
    It’s just a time-honored form of virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Seriously. Like serious mental degeneration.

I feel like recently I've started to light weight kinda lose respect for people when they identify as trump supporter.

It's crazy how far gone this stuff is.

Sluggo says blm has lost its message because of the riots.

Valade says well why was the message lost before the riots too then?

And this is sluggos response.

Wtf is that? Trumps stupidity is infecting his supporters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The stupidity has always been there. Trump has just emboldened people to be confident and brash with their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    First para……just a litt fir, just a few fires……and that's OK???

The riots and looting take b\place in "a few square blocks." I'm going out on a limb here but I bet you don't own a home, rent an apartment or own a business in those "few square blocks."

As I said…naivete to a new level.
    Now you’re moving the goalposts. I’m addressing a different point.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah, the idea that George Floyd brought this issue to light is ridiculous.

NWA wrote F the police in 1988. Rodney King was beaten in 1992. Eric Garner, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice all happened in 2014.

Nothing's been done. The reason people are acting as they are in the protests is because we've known about this for 30 years and nothing ever gets done.
    Michael Brown? you mean the guy where the shooting was justified, this many years later still being used as a victim.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Now you’re moving the goalposts. I’m addressing a different point.
    I was addressing two absurd comments taken fro your post.

If you don't want me to comment on them don't bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Michael Brown? you mean the guy where the shooting was justified, this many years later still being used as a victim.
    This shows me you don't really care about the issue. You focused on the one issue that was justified instead of the dozens that were not.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    nah, 'we' was meant as the general population of the country 'we'
    I think the majority of the US population gets it, but there is essentially nothing we can do other than vote. And unfortunately we only get to vote on the choices we get and the politicians only give us bad choices to vote for most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    George Carlin pegged these people. He called them pro-birth. They want as many people to be born and once they come out of the womb, they don't really give a **** what happens to them until it's time to be sent to some Middle Eastern country to die for wealthy donors.
    Yeah, that's way too deep. They are told to care for a "virtuous" reason "every life is sacred" sort of stuff. The politicians and the elite may like using them as chaff in war, but that's not most pro-life people by a long shot.

This shows me you don't really care about the issue. You focused on the one issue that was justified instead of the dozens that were not.
    when you use someone who doesn't fit, it hurts the credibility. why should anyone take people who use Michael Brown's name seriously.

even Tamir Rice had a gun without the orange tip identifying it as a toy. the police also didn't know it was a toy. even if they were wrong for shooting so quickly, there are also important details against TR too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

NWA wrote F the police in 1988. Rodney King was beaten in 1992. Eric Garner, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice all happened in 2014.

Nothing's been done. The reason people are acting as they are in the protests is because we've known about this for 30 years and nothing ever gets done.
    All these others you are bringing up clearly did not resonate all that much with the general public. I actually remember hearing very little about it other than rioting. It probably had much to do with less cell phone cameras at the time…certainly never heard the word "viral" back then.

George Floyd seemed to strike a different chord. It was in front of us immediately, from numerous angles, on multiple stations, all over the internet. It was seen differently. I don't know of anyone that sided with the police on this or that didn't feel the police were responsible fo his death. It was being discussed sympathetically by everyone. Reasonable change would have been easier to get. You don't reach points on time like this all that often.

Then the BLMers blew all that support with all the street trash we had to see over and over. Then these ridiculous graffiti er murals all over city streets. They lost a lot of what they had by taking it way too far. They lost the notion of defunding the police (whatever that meant) to proving to decent people that we really need is more police.

Not all that bright of a move. But just keep on marchin' and screamin'

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Pretty sure that's not the PTB he's referring to...not sure who it is, but near positive it wouldn't be 15 mostly black basketball players.
    Power That Be.

This is WAY older than 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    when you use someone who doesn't fit, it hurts the credibility. why should anyone take people who use Michael Brown's name seriously.

even Tamir Rice had a gun without the orange tip identifying it as a toy. the police also didn't know it was a toy. even if they were wrong for shooting so quickly, there are also important details against TR too.
    And one by one you will eventually justify all of the shootings. Which is why you don't care. Fine, I'll take out Michael Brown as an example.

Do you care yet? Still no? I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It’s just a time-honored form of virtue signaling.
    Sure, but not much else they can do, and sometimes it's real and not just PR BS.

Some number of public figures would love to change things for the better but are hamstrung by the system not wanting to change.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast